• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Project M

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
I downloaded it a couple months ago and I must say, its amazing.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Lol ironically enough I was just playing the first demo not even ten minutes ago. I'll scoop this one up sometime tomorrow. Marth combos ftw

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Downloaded. Tinkered around with some stuff for roughly about half an hour now.

4lg00k.gif

They did a great job with this, everything flows really well so far. I may very well invite some friends over to play later this week.

Edit: Charizard is kinda scary in this.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I'd be totally interested in this if it came out a lot sooner. It's been way too long and it's not even finished yet. It definitely appeals to homosexual hardcore competitive smash players, but I don't see many casual fans picking this up as a lot of the fun that comes from smash is how gay it is.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
^ I'm not competitive and I love it. I can't wavedash for my fucking life, but everything works better in Project M. Everything is smoother and more fluid. The cast is so balanced now I feel capable of holding my own with almost any character. It's amazing.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
This has been the only game me and my friends have been playing for the past couple days. It's so much fun and despite the full cast not being there yet it's still addicting and smooth as ever.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
^ Seriously. My friends and I have been playing this every chance we get. It's like we pick up a new character and we're like "Oh shit...Link is good."...."Oh shit....GANONDORF is good..."...."Oh shit, Ness is amazing!!"...."Oh shit, Peach is incredible".......I can't even decide who to main sometimes. This project has made everyone SO GOOD. And the combat is so fluid and functional. It's unbelievable.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Wait wait wait, wait. My only question is, what ever happened to Brawl+? Supposedly, that was Brawl with Melee physics. It also allowed you to customize pretty much everything from skins, to stages, to movesets, to music. I never downloaded it because you needed to hack your Wii.

My only gripe with this is that they haven't included Diddy yet. I am glad to see Fox return to his former "God" tier glory. Noticed Falco has his old playing style back.

Really wished my Wii was able to play Brawl now :(. I'd be playing this in a heartbeat if it was able to.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
How is the wi-fi when you play online, is it still just as crummy as Brawl's was originally (and by that I mean close to unplayable). I wouldn't be shocked if it was since you are still using Nintendo's Wii to go online, but still. I'd like to play with someone, but IDK who...xP

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
I'd be down to play online but as you said, the regular brawl was nearly unplayable. Which basically keeps me off of that option.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I don't know. In a game where literally a fraction of a second can either win you or cost you the match, online play doesn't seem right. You gotta take lag into account. I'd be severely pissed if I lost a match because my smash attack failed to hit while my opponents did.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Severe lag. Which is why I'm pretty content on just playing locally.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I just saw this on Youtube! I'm gonna try it out soon. Does it alter your Brawl forever? Like if I take the SD card out it will be like I never put it in the first place.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Even if you have the SD card in you'd still be able to play the regular brawl. (Aside from creating levels)

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Wait wait wait, wait. My only question is, what ever happened to Brawl+? Supposedly, that was Brawl with Melee physics. It also allowed you to customize pretty much everything from skins, to stages, to movesets, to music. I never downloaded it because you needed to hack your Wii.

My only gripe with this is that they haven't included Diddy yet. I am glad to see Fox return to his former "God" tier glory. Noticed Falco has his old playing style back.

Really wished my Wii was able to play Brawl now :(. I'd be playing this in a heartbeat if it was able to.

Brawl+ was never Brawl with true Melee physics....it was just trying to make Brawl more balanced. Project M is a full-on attempt to basically make Melee 2.

How is the wi-fi when you play online, is it still just as crummy as Brawl's was originally (and by that I mean close to unplayable). I wouldn't be shocked if it was since you are still using Nintendo's Wii to go online, but still. I'd like to play with someone, but IDK who...xP
I play online with my friend who lives in another city. Sometimes there's very slight lag, but usually not any noticeable lag (for a casual player like me). It works fine unless you competitively, absolutely need to play with zero lag inbetween frames. In which case it doesn't work well compared to local.

The only times I ever played Brawl online were at launch (when it was terrible) and recently (when it actually works quite well).

I just saw this on Youtube! I'm gonna try it out soon. Does it alter your Brawl forever? Like if I take the SD card out it will be like I never put it in the first place.

It only activates when the SD card is in your Wii and you go to stage builder mode. Otherwise, it doesn't activate. But if you leave your SD card in while trying to play regular Brawl, it'll freeze up, so take out the SD card when you're not going to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back