• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pronounciation: Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
How do you pronounce her name?

I usually pronounce it as shione/shi-own/shi-oh-n

But then my friend told me that she doesn't have a silent E at the end so it's pronounced shi-on.

Now i'm fine with both of those pronounciations, but I just want to know which one is the correct one..

*From the English trailers I don't remember hearing her name clearly.. "/

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
shi-oh-n :>

and the english is bound to be Zee-on

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
That or Zai-Ohn, like the city in The Matrix.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
In English, as are those with the name that have an "x", it's supposed to be pronounced Zee-on.

Apparently, they decided to take the Japanese pronunciation more literally than need be, and kept Marluxia as "Marlusha", and Xion, as "Shion".

Gee, I wonder why Zexion's name isn't Zeshion then >.>.

It bothers me.

English: X is a double consonant or, rather, a sign for the compound consonants [ks]; or sometimes when followed by an accented syllable beginning with a vowel, or when followed by silent h and an accented vowel [ɡz] (e.g. exhaust, exam); usually [z] at the beginnings of words (e.g. xylophone), and in some compounds keeps the [z] sound, as in (e.g. meta-xylene). It also makes the sound [kʃ] in words ending in -xion (typically used only in British-based spellings of the language; American spellings tend to use -ction). It can also represent the sounds [ɡʒ] or [kʃ], for example, in the words luxury and sexual, respectively. Final x is always [ks] (e.g. ax/axe) except in loan words such as faux (see French, below). In abbreviations, it can represent "trans-" (e.g. XMIT for transmit, XFER for transfer), "cross-" (e.g. X-ing for crossing; XREF for cross-reference), "Christ" (e.g. Xmas for Christmas; Xian for Christian), the "Crys" in Crystal (XTAL), or various words starting with "ex" (e.g. XL for extra large; XOR for exclusive-or).

There we go ^^.

Last edited:

Coeurl

Demon Dance
i'll go with shi-yon in japanese.

and zee-yon in english. .

or simply just si-yon.

.__.;

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
In Japanese it IS said as "She-on" And the english translators have kept the Japanese pronunciation.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
It is and is going to be "She-on". I origanally thought they would pronounce it "Zi-on", and that's how I pronounced it until it was confirmed to be "She-on".

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'll pronounce it She-on, because that's the way I've heard it in all of the Japanese (and English) trailers.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I may pronounce it as "Zi-on" just for the heck of it. It sounds better for her personality and because of that moment when...

Xion turned into a Male Sora, so that would be a unisex name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back