• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pronouncing Namine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridaceae

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Engulfed said:
I just saw the interview with Brittney Snow.
She pronounced Namine's name
Nam-in-ae.
For me, I've been thinking it was
Nam-een.
How did and/or do you personally pronounce Namine?

yea, that's how i thought it was pronounced too. jesse mccartney pronounces 'roxas' differently from what i thought too.

Hanatori

I will BUUURN MY DREAAAAD
Website
tsuikai.deviantart.com
Grr. I don't like how they americanized the pronunciation of Roxas and Namine's names... it's not exactly the best way to say them.

Na-meen is kind of eliminated from possible pronunciations since there's an accent on the 'e' that forces you to pronounce it.

I say Na-Mi-Ne, broken up into Japanese pronunciation with equal stresses on the syllables.

I say Ro-Ku-Sa-Su (Japanese), 'ku' with the 'u' fading off, same with the 'su.'

I don't know why I pronounce it like that, but I got used to it after watching countless cutscenes with Roxas and Namine in them.

E

Eclipse

well roxas is rock-suhss and namine is nah-min-ay
i'm sure the voice actors are saying them right, considering they are the ones with the scripts, and disney who is by the way one of the creators...knows what the names are

i wouldn't like it if they took the japanese sound roke-suhs...i like rock-suhs

D

Deleted member 5341

Ahahahaha me and mah cousin always called her "Na-Meanie"
Na-mi-nay...never woulda thought that....
It's so weird saying that coz i called her nameanie fo so long...

E

Eclipse

what?.......it's nah-min-ay

why do you need someone to email you?...for help with the pronounciation?

namine'- kairi

i love kingdom hearts!!!! i just need for someone to help me out im a lil lost on the story i beat COM a long time ago and sorta forgot about it! and my computer is a peice of crap!! so it would get messed up all the time! so please dont say that i am just some person who posted something on a site for no reson!!:)

Oathy

phantom thief
Awards
Website
vintage-aerith.deviantart.com
First I just called her Nah-meen, because it was easy and sounded nice. Then I started noticing the accent, so I went to Nah-MEEN-ay. Now they're throwing me for a curve and making it NAH-meen-ay.

I was so close. So close! ^_^

namine'- kairi

to engulfed: i have caught up a little bit but im still confused with roxas being sora nobody or his shadow whats the diference???? ive heard that roxas was part of the organization and left but diz erased his memories and put him in twilight town!and another thing im having trouble with is how do i get a good namine' icon and how do i put pics when i post something?? i just signed up last night but i had previouly signed up but i couldnt get it to let me on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back