• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pronunciation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Re: Prononciation

Because the idea WON'T get across?

It has nothing to do with the Japanese... Chiblade sounds similar to Keyblade in any language.
but X isn't pronounced as CHi in any language, and you didn't even answer the first question (or rather you didn't really give a proper one. you said because it wont and left it as is)

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

not in ever language i said.
If the Greek Letter "X" (not the roman alphabet letter x) is pronounced as Chi, why would that change depending on the language?

X-Blade in the Japanese game is pronounced Chi-Blade
X-Blade in English is pronounced Chi-Blade.

It's not that hard to comprehend.

Allister Rose

French Lover

If the Greek Letter "X" (not the roman alphabet letter x) is pronounced as Chi, why would that change depending on the language?
X-Blade in the Japanese game is pronounced Chi-Blade
X-Blade in English is pronounced Chi-Blade.
It's not that hard to comprehend.
it's not whether i comprehend or not, it's just whether i agree. which i don't. either way.

though i dont remember anything saying specifically if it is due to greek. if it was specifically mentioned by nomura then yes. if not then i wont agree

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

if it was specifically mentioned by nomura then yes. if not then i wont agree
It was, and it's also explained by Xehanort himself, the proper pronunciation of a word does not change from language to language, however certain places prefer a localized pronunciation depending on their dialect.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

it's not whether i comprehend or not, it's just whether i agree. which i don't. either way.

though i dont remember anything saying specifically if it is due to greek. if it was specifically mentioned by nomura then yes. if not then i wont agree
You are honestly so idiotic I have to question how you have the ability to be upwards long enough to even look at a computer screen.

—There was a new type of Keyblade that appeared this time, changing the “key” in Keyblade to “X” (The X of the Greek alaphabet, pronounced “key”. It also has the meaning of “ultimate” or “death”). It’s quite an excellent name.
NOMURA: The name “X-Blade” was Watanabe (Daisuke), the scenario writer’s, idea. How the symbol X ‘crosses’ is symbolic of the crossing of dark and light. The members of Organization XIII get their names by adding an X to the name they had as humans comes from this. Also, the Nobody’s mark looks a lot like Eraqus’ symbol, but you can probably figure out that the reason this is has something to do with Xemnas.

There.

Allister Rose

French Lover

oh well then....i guess it would be called Chiblade, though i would like Exblade better.

Allister Rose

French Lover

you've been calling alot of things fanfic, and i'm sure the name EXblade has been used in other games SE has made.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

TERAA SOUNDS SO LAME
:BEING A KEYBLADE MASTER IS ALL I EVER DREAMED ABOUT

COMPREED TO HIS JAP VA

Allister Rose

French Lover

probably because a lot of fans' ideas sound like bad fanfic.
true but i think you're stretching the idea of "fanfic" conidering Xblade having different pronunciation isn't within the definition, if anything it would be closer to fanservice, though it's not that big of fanservice.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I think they are going to pronounce it ex-blade.

hopefully they pronouce it as chi-blade like they did in japanese or something like that. i don't want them to call it the ex-blade.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I believe it's supposed to sound the same as "Keyblade"

"Key" and "Chi" sound alike, thus the reason why it should be pronounced chi. And I always pronounced it as Vankneetis but i rofl when Nimoy said it, VANEEDUS, i mean he said it right but it sounded hilarious coming from his voice :3 anyways they're keeping it close to what its supposed to be, if its from latin then they're gonna use the latin prononciation.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

They aren't. Doing so completely rids it of its meaning.

That's right. its pronounced "chi" for a reason and "ex" would make no sense, just because the symbol looks like an X your gonna pronounce it 'ex'? how original. i'm not bashing anyone or anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back