• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pronunciation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
It was Watanbe's idea but Nomura still had to pick it/choose it/agree on it, which means he knew the meaning of using the damned Greek X.

Or Nomura just likes X's.
He needed to use an X somewhere so that he could come up with a reason for Org. 13's members names all having X in it.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
He needed to use an X somewhere so that he could come up with a reason for Org. 13's members names all having X in it.
If that was a case then it WOULD have just been the ExBlade, but oh wait, it ISN'T.
Srsly, dude.

basically its up to SE on which way they are going to go about this, so none of you are completely right. nor do any of you know for sure.
Uh, actually, it's pretty easy to be right in this situation. I'm right. Goldpanner is right. Grass is right. There IS significance in the choosing of it being the GREEK letter "X" and not the English letter. Whether or not SE chooses to honour that and stay true to the game for localization is a different matter.

Allister Rose

French Lover
there names have meaning, but they don't really matter to the story at all they're just small hints a normal person wouldn't figure out. Sora, riku and kairi's name don't really matter in general.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If the names did have a big meaning, then Mickey wouldn't of been originally picked at the main character.

.....I don't see how that logic works. Sora's name means nothing because Mickey was originally picked as the main character? But even if that's true about Mickey, it's obvious that he was discarded as the main character early on.... and what has that got to do with Sora's name of all things?

luap911 said:
The English "X" and Greek "X" are different letters, so, that shot your trying to take at me, which I put in bold, doesn't work.

If you think kids are too dumb to learn that one symbol can be two different letters, then why can't I think they'd be too dumb to learn one word can have several meanings?

That does define the blade of grass or blade of a sword.

I said 'blade originally only meant grass, and the meaning didn't extend to cover cutting tools until like a century later,' and your response is to quote a definition of the modern usage, now seven centuries later...? I thought you said you read at a college level?

That's a question.
That's just something that a person wanted to know.

What, this?

—There was a new type of Keyblade that appeared this time, changing the “key” in Keyblade to “X” (The X of the Greek alaphabet, pronounced “key”. It also has the meaning of “ultimate” or “death”). It’s quite an excellent name.

What does the person want to know? What is the question? See, that's not a question, that's a true statement, which Nomura didn't refute.

Look at the only bold part.
That's an answer.
That's what was thought when the game was made.

No, that's not an answer to something, he's giving extra information that expands on the true statement already given.

Then why did he decide to use the greek letter X instead of the English letter X? What's the significance behind this choice? The fact that the Greek letter has individual symbolic meaning... oh but no that can't be it. It's just completely random and meaningless, because it confused you.

tri-blade

Was not expecting this thread to get this big 0_o
If your wondering, Nomura is not obsessed about the letter X, he said that the letter X is symbolic for "crossed over to the darkness"
Example: Roxas= Sora cossed ever to the darkness.

And I have to agree with RelixBBS, This thread is full of LOLs ;3

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Was not expecting this thread to get this big 0_o
If your wondering, Nomura is not obsessed about the letter X, he said that the letter X is symbolic for "crossed over to the darkness"
Example: Roxas= Sora cossed ever to the darkness.

And I have to agree with RelixBBS, This thread is full of LOLs ;3
In addition to the meaning that comes with the Greek Letter "X", he said that it was symbolic for the cross of light and darkness, not "crossed over to the darkness".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back