• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

pronunciations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

how do you pronounce marluxia and lexeaus?

• lex-eee-usss mar-loo-sh-eee-uuu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalmanmac1

Website
www.youtube.com
hey guyz, u just wanted to ask, how do you pronounce the names of the organization members that came and died in chain of memories? like, i think i know how to pronounce Vexen, and names like that, but names like lexeaus and marluxia confuse me. in the otakon video, people pronounced murluxia Mar-loo-sh-ee-uuu
i thought it was mar-lux-eee-uuu. and people pronounced lexeaus lex-zie-us, isnt it lex-see-iss. i dont know if anyone knows the real pronunciations,but if anyone duz, plzz help me out. :thumbsup:

-METALMANMAC1

Seiramu

Marluxia: Mar- looks- ia (I pronounce the u as look)

Laxaeus: La - ks - ey- us (uuuuh..)

slmcknett

Marluxia is (マールーシャ) Mar-luu-sha. Lexaeus is (レクセウス) Lek-say-us. In case you wanted to know the others from CoM its: Larxene ( ラクシーヌ) Lock-seen (the r is silent, like when you talk in a british accent: water is watah), Zexion (ゼクシオン) Zek-si-on, and Vexen is (ヴィクセン) Veek-sen. All done. Hope you found your answer ^_^.

Owa

Marr Lewks Eee Uhh

Lex A us

at least thats how i pronounce them =x

A

Audo

Mar-lewks-ee-ah

lex-ee-us

lark-seen

vix-in

Zex-ee-on

^How I pronounce them =/

Dee-mix.

Lewks-ord.

^Two others which aren't said in the game.

Cissy

Bronze Member
I always found it funny how in RE:COM they pronounced Vexen as "Vixen". xD

The Maruusha part caught me off guard also, but I remembered some old topics about that name before COM was released in English.

A

Audo

I don't like Mar-loo-shia.
It makes no sense. I just think that's how it is pronounced in Japanese, could be pronounced differently in English imo.

slmcknett

man, just read my earlier post. it is the correct way to pronounce all of their names. it even has the katakana to go along with it. japanese it read through characters that correspond to a different sound, so it is easy to find out how to pronounce their names if you just read their names in katakana. otherwise you can just watch the CoM videos and listen to them say their names.

A

Audo

They could still be said a bit differently if they were to ever be said in the English games.
Which is what i hope for, I don't like those pronunciations, rofl.

Awards
Xigbar = シグバール (Shigubāru) = SHEEG-bar
Vexen = ヴィクセン (Vikusen) = VEEK-sen
Lexaeus = レクセウス (Rekuseusu) = lek-SAY-us
Zexion = ゼクシオン (Zekushion) = ZEK-see-on
Demyx = デミックス (Demikkusu) = DEM-iks
Luxord = ルクソード (Rukusōdo) = LOOK-sawrd
Marluxia = マールーシャ (Mārūsha) = mar-LOO-shya
Larxene = ラクシーヌ (Rakushīnu) = laark-SEEN

The capital letters are meant to be stressed syllables, but that's just for me. As you can see, all these pronunciations are based on the romanized kanji. I have also included the names of those that are never mentioned in the dialogue.

If you want my opinion, they probably only mentioned Saïx's name in the actual dialogue because people would probably be all like, "How the HELL do you pronounce something with such a fancy accent?"

Also, when I first saw Naminé's name, I knew for sure that it was "Na-mee-NAY". DiZ, however, was a bit tricky, but I knew it would have to be either "DÍZ" or "Dī-ZEE". That was, of course, before I figured out the whole romanized kanji thing, so I had to wait for two FRICKIN' years to find out for sure!!!!:cursing:
So...........................there.

A

Audo

I knew DiZ was said DIZ because someone asked Nomura if the name 'DiZ' had anything to do with 'Disney (DiZ-knee).
Marluxia's still looks wrong to me. 'Shya' doesn't sit right with me D: Mar-lewks-ia. sounds so much better imo.
I also like Dee-mix over Dem-ix but whatever v.v

I wonder how Jiminy even figured out the names, they are like NEVER said. *sigh*

slmcknett

thank you immblueversion. thats what i was going 4, but it seems u got the message across a bit better. and to riku-keyblade, i actually pronounced their names in english after the katakana. but yeah, in japanese they pronounce things a bit differently, because it's their own language. but for the most part it is the same, except they say Si as Shi and Two as Tsu. so for zexion its Zek-shi-on in JAP and Zek-si-on in ENG.

EDIT: yeah, i dunno how jiminy knew their names. also, how did he know about marluxia and them in the KHII journal. they're already dead and they've lost their Castle Obl. memories

Ren

adios motherfucker
The poll confuses me. XD
I didn't like how the Japanese pronunciation of Marluxia worked. They focused more on how the word was spelled, rather than how it should sound, imo. Mar-luck-sia.
I still say the "e" in Vexen, but occasionally I say Vixen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back