• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pronunciations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdom Clasm

Disciple of Truth
With my head to the stars, waiting for a miracle.
I am confident that Namine is pronounced "Nu-mee-nay", but of course that is only my opinion.
Marluxia I am also confident is pronounced "Mar-looks(hard "oo")-zee-a(soft a)".
Larxene: Lar-kseen
Those are the names that I disagree with you guys on how to pronounce.

Last edited:

TTBK2

Awards
I always pronounced Vexen like Vixen just because its easier and its funny. Girly bastard. And Namine I always say Na-Mean just because its hard to change once you start but now that I that I think about it Na-min-ay sounds good and and for some reason Ya-min-ay just sounds sexy.

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
i think its na-mi-né

Yeah that's how its spelled. That is not how it is pronounced.

I am confident that Namine is pronounced "Nu-mee-nay", but of course that is only my opinion.
Larxene: Lark-seen
Those are the names that I disagree with you guys on how to pronounce.

o_O For one X is freaking pronounced as Z or X. It is NEVER pronounced as an S. So you're Larxene pronounciation is plain wrong.

And A does not sound like a U in any word. So Nu-mee-nay is freaking wrong. And it sounds...weird...

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
X is usually like Z, when it's at the beggingin of a word .:KL:.

But when in the middle of a name, it traditionally makes a "cks" sound...

Larcks-een

Mar-lucks-ia

Vecks-en

Zecks-ion

Oathy

phantom thief
Awards
Website
vintage-aerith.deviantart.com
Well yes, there's the Namine issue--I'm not sure they would put that effort into showing the accent in CoM if it wasn't meant for a reason. I'm pretty sure we will be pronouncing her name "Nah-meen-ay", even though "Nah-meen" sounds just as pretty.

As for the Organization, I think the only disputable one right now is Marluxia. It could technically be "Mar-LUCKS-ee-ah" or "Mar-LOOKS-ee-ah". All the others are pretty darn self-explanatory.

Only thing is, Marluxia's kind of...*cough* dead, so it won't especially matter.

Shrouded Sanity

Website
www.freewebs.com
X can be pronounced as Z, though in some languages [ like Spanish, har, I've been taking it for five days! doo-doo-doo ] as an S sound [I believe o__O], but that's not the case here. XD Anyhow, I think Muffin has the closest ways of pronouncing them, and as I'm bad at accents, I've been pronouncing Namin[insert accented e here] as simply

NA [as A is normally pronounced]
mIne, as in mind, but I understand this isn't correct.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Just for the record; no letter (except for u in romanizations, etc.) in japanese is "silent".

Naminé's name is written ナミネ; na mi ne. Na is fully pronounced, as is Mi and Ne.
So pretty much every pronounciation of her name in this thread, except "na-meen" and "na-mean", are correct.

LightoftheDark

Ruler of them all!!!
I pronounce them like this.

Namine' = na - muh - nay
Marluxia = mar - loocks - zia
Larxene = larks - zene
Zexion = zex - e - on
Vexen = vex - in
Axel = axle
Lexeaus = lex -e/za - us
Demyx = de - mex/mix
Xaldin = zal - din

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Yay, I have good pronunciation!

BTW, Lordmune, I respect your thoughts, but I don't agree on your pronunciation...

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Themuffinman said:
BTW, Lordmune, I respect your thoughts, but I don't agree on your pronunciation...

Ah, but you see, they are not my thoughts- they are facts.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
But see, as you stated, nothing is silent in the japanese language beside the letter "U"

So, if Namine` was pronounced Na-mean, then that would mean that the e` is silent... you contradict yourself, no?

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Themuffinman said:
But see, as you stated, nothing is silent in the japanese language beside the letter "U"

So, if Namine` was pronounced Na-mean, then that would mean that the e` is silent... you contradict yourself, no?
No. ;)
LordMune said:
So pretty much every pronounciation of her name in this thread, except "na-meen" and "na-mean", are correct.
_________

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Oooooooo.........

Okay..... *hugs his polar bear from the "What bear are you gonna do" thread*

Kingdom Clasm

Disciple of Truth
With my head to the stars, waiting for a miracle.
.:KL:. said:
Yeah that's how its spelled. That is not how it is pronounced.

o_O For one X is freaking pronounced as Z or X. It is NEVER pronounced as an S. So you're Larxene pronounciation is plain wrong.

And A does not sound like a U in any word. So Nu-mee-nay is freaking wrong. And it sounds...weird...

"A" does actually sound like "uh" in some words, KL.
Also, about Larxene's pronuciation, I messed up on that. It was a typo. I will fix it if it is about to send you into a trauma.
The only reason my pronunciation sounds weird is because you are used to pronouncing Namine a different way. I think your pronunciation sounds weird as well because I am just used to saying Namine differently. Besides, it is just my opinion, as your pronunciation is yours.
I respect you, KL, as many people do, but don't overreact.

FortuneCookie

Bronze Member
Awards
Namine- Na as in na (short a), mi as in mee (long e), ne as in nee (long e).
Na-mee-nee
Marluxia- Mar like Mars (without s), lux as in loks (like wok), i as in ee (like bee), a as in ah.
Mar-loks-ee-ah
Vexen- Santa's reindeer!
Lexeaus- Lex like lexus (drop the us), e as in ee (like bee), aus as in us (like bus).
Lex-ee-us
Larxene- Lar like bar, x as in ecks (like pecks), e as in ee (like bee), ne as in nee (or me).
Lar-ecks-ee-nee
Demyx- De like demo (drop the mo, short e), myx as in mix (chex mix!)
De-mix
Diz- you should know
Now is it Xalidan or Xaldin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back