• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ps3 street fighter 4 Tournament Edition arcadestick question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdr08

sorry, if this goes into the wrong section, but can you play most ps3 games other than fighting games with this stick? any help will be appericated, thanks.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Depends on the game. If the game uses two analog sticks or one analog+dpad at the same time, there's no way you can use it to play with. If it just uses one analog or just the d-pad, then yes, you can use it. Arcade sticks, as their name suggests, are best used for games you would typically see in an arcade. For most modern games, you might as well just use the default PS3 controller.

sdr08

Depends on the game. If the game uses two analog sticks or one analog+dpad at the same time, there's no way you can use it to play with. If it just uses one analog or just the d-pad, then yes, you can use it. Arcade sticks, as their name suggests, are best used for games you would typically see in an arcade. For most modern games, you might as well just use the default PS3 controller.

so i can play ff13 with it then, or dragon age orgins?

it lets you switch between d-pad, left analog, right analog

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
As long as you don't have to use two at the same time, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to.

sdr08

As long as you don't have to use two at the same time, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to.

and i called gamestop and they said its only designed for that game, I find it hard to believe especially when i paid 130 for it lol

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
On a design level, yes the fightstick was designed purely for playing fighting games but it doesn't mean you can't use it to play other games as well.

Now the price isn't because of versatility reasons, but more about quality reasons. It might not seem like much to you, but to people who invest at least a couple hundred hours into SSF4, the quality of the buttons/sticks means a whole lot. But like I said, if the game does NOT require you to use more than one analog stick at once, or a combination of analog+dpad, then you can use it to play that game. I've personally dicked around with FFXIII with it, and while it's a bit awkward at first, it's playable. The fightstick shines more with arcade-style games, so something like Scott Pilgrim would be amazing with it.

sdr08

On a design level, yes the fightstick was designed purely for playing fighting games but it doesn't mean you can't use it to play other games as well.

Now the price isn't because of versatility reasons, but more about quality reasons. It might not seem like much to you, but to people who invest at least a couple hundred hours into SSF4, the quality of the buttons/sticks means a whole lot. But like I said, if the game does NOT require you to use more than one analog stick at once, or a combination of analog+dpad, then you can use it to play that game. I've personally dicked around with FFXIII with it, and while it's a bit awkward at first, it's playable. The fightstick shines more with arcade-style games, so something like Scott Pilgrim would be amazing with it.

have you ever played Kingdom Hearts with the combination of d-pad and analog? its annoying as hell lol, so I see your point, the reason why i wanted one is because my left hand wont work at all, and tryyng to find something easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back