• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PSP TV Adapter?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoleohbugga

I really want one, but I'm wondering if they are good enough to get. Does anyone have one? Is the display going to be better, or at least the same as actually playing it on the psp? Does it depend on the tv? I have a 1080p Samsung. I think it's 25.5 inches? So does this make a difference to anything at all? Please let me know if you have any info.

This is the one I was looking at, but if you can point me to the direction of a better one, feel free to send a link! :)
Buy Sony Component AV HDTV High-Definition TV Adapter Cable for Sony PSP Slim 2000 / 3000 Series: 14.85

O

Oberon

While I don't have one, I know that my friend has one and he has a HD tv flatscreen for it. Only problem is for some reason his HDTV adapter doesn't expand the display enough for it to be usable on his TV. It comes out pretty small once plugged in. I told him he's probably doing something wrong but he doesn't really have the patience to do it since he's sort of not home enough.

I've also heard it told it only works well on HDTV's. But since I don't have one my word probably isn't the most reliable.

VagueSimplicity

Awards
YouTube - PSP on the HDTV Component AV Cable
Sad that the cable can't expand games to fit your HDTV automatically. I think I'll get one of these in preparation for BBS (and for some of my other PSP games) tho, cuz then it'll feel like playing a traditional Kingdom Hearts on a TV screen. I just wish my TV had the perfect "zoom" feature. For some reason it'll zoom vertically and horizontally only on some systems. I think it only does it vertically on things I use HDMI cables on (which sucks), so maybe it won't look distorted with this component cable.

nicoleohbugga

While I don't have one, I know that my friend has one and he has a HD tv flatscreen for it. Only problem is for some reason his HDTV adapter doesn't expand the display enough for it to be usable on his TV. It comes out pretty small once plugged in. I told him he's probably doing something wrong but he doesn't really have the patience to do it since he's sort of not home enough.

I've also heard it told it only works well on HDTV's. But since I don't have one my word probably isn't the most reliable.
So would you need to get an hdtv adapter for it, if you have an hd tv? I'm not sure which one I was looking at. But that sucks, I think the hd ones are 50 bucks!
YouTube - PSP on the HDTV Component AV Cable
Sad that the cable can't expand games to fit your HDTV automatically. I think I'll get one of these in preparation for BBS (and for some of my other PSP games) tho, cuz then it'll feel like playing a traditional Kingdom Hearts on a TV screen. I just wish my TV had the perfect "zoom" feature. For some reason it'll zoom vertically and horizontally only on some systems. I think it only does it vertically on things I use HDMI cables on (which sucks), so maybe it won't look distorted with this component cable.
Yeah, I wanted it to be like playing the original kh games too, which is why I wanted an adapter for bbs! Hmm, do you know what kind of adapter that is?

VagueSimplicity

Awards
Yeah, I wanted it to be like playing the original kh games too, which is why I wanted an adapter for bbs! Hmm, do you know what kind of adapter that is?
What do you mean what kind? Are you looking for an adapter for an SDTV or and HDTV, cuz the link you first posted is an official Sony PSP adapter for the HDTV which will work fine. It won't zoom in automatically unless your TV has that option manually on your remote, but that's the best type for an HDTV. I just ordered one from Amazon for $13.17.

nicoleohbugga

What do you mean what kind? Are you looking for an adapter for an SDTV or and HDTV, cuz the link you first posted is an official Sony PSP adapter for the HDTV which will work fine. It won't zoom in automatically unless your TV has that option manually on your remote, but that's the best type for an HDTV. I just ordered one from Amazon for $13.17.
Sorry, I'm not really educated with different ones. I wasn't sure if there was something better or not. But thank you. ^_^

VagueSimplicity

Awards
Sorry, I'm not really educated with different ones. I wasn't sure if there was something better or not. But thank you. ^_^
No problem. Sorry if the way I worded my answer sounded rude. I probably should tell you to make sure the PSP Adapter IS a COMPONENT cable (for HDTVs) and NOT a COMPOSITE cable (for SD quality) if you own a PSP-2000. I made this mistake years ago when I first got a PSP-2000 and a composite cable for my SDTV (then) and it wouldn't play PSP games. PSP-3000s can use both the component and composite cables for its games, however. But since it sounds like you will be playing BBS on an HDTV, you'll be fine with component and either PSP.

I know, this subject can be very confusing. lol. Or maybe just the way I word it. XD

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Ummm. I'm looking to do the exact same thing with my PSP 3000.... So 2 questions:

1: How big would the picture be on an SDTV? (Thats what my gaming TV is >.<)
2: Could someone provide me with a link to cables in can get in-store?
Thanks.

Rabie

I am very glad I got mine, and I say totally worth it. It outputs in 720, so that means that it'll look a little blurry on ur 1080, but to compare, It'll show up like KH 1 renders on a screen that size, considering that ps2 outputs at around that dimension. And by the way, If you don't have any comPONENT inputs, then you can plug the GREEN video cable into the YELLOW composite input, and the audio's in appropriately, aside from that, It is very much worth its cost if you want it to feel like a console game.

EDIT: I'm not sure about the 3000, because I have a 2000, but I'm pretty sure the same principle applies.

VagueSimplicity

Awards
I am very glad I got mine, and I say totally worth it. It outputs in 720, so that means that it'll look a little blurry on ur 1080, but to compare, It'll show up like KH 1 renders on a screen that size, considering that ps2 outputs at around that dimension. And by the way, If you don't have any comPONENT inputs, then you can plug the GREEN video cable into the YELLOW composite input, and the audio's in appropriately, aside from that, It is very much worth its cost if you want it to feel like a console game.
Did urs filled the screen? I just received my component cable today and I tested it out on Dissidia on my 720p HDTV and it didn't look that great, graphics-wise.

Rabie

Well, considering the fact that I can't use it on my 1080, cause it's 1080i, not p, it doesn't play the games, but when I brought it to my friends house, and we tried it out on a smaller tv in his kitchen that outputs 720p, it worked fine. There was a slight border around the screen, but nothing big. The reason It only fills up part of ur screen, Is because the adapter outputs in 720p, which is about... 2/3 the size of a 1080p output, so it was meant to play on 720p. When outputted on a 1080p screen, it shows up as 720p, to prevent blurriness. Imagine someone taking a 500x350 picture, and stretching it to the size of a 750x425 picture, It shows up blurry, so the tv recognizes that and reduces it to original size, to keep the blur out. Weather or not ur tv can resize the output to fill ur screen, just depends on the tv, I have a vizio, so if you have one too, just go to the screen resolution in menu and lower it, but I don't know about any other brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back