• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Pure Speculation) Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded NA Winter Release?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonXjon

Seeing as Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded is set for release in October in Japan, and the localization for the English release started a LONG time ago. (We know it already started when we first heard of the game) And Re:Coded was announced idk when but not that long ago and it already has a release date for Japan. So, does anyone else think (or hope) that Re:Coded will be released in NA during the winter? Maybe even a holiday release? (Assuming localization doesn't take as long as it did with BBS)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Another one? There was another Re:coded NA release date speculation thread somewhere on this page...

Radon

mofo
BBS' VA took place around December last year I believe. Thats about ten months between then and the release date.

Re:C's was during May. 10 months on from then would be about Feburary 2011. But we all know that there is not nearly as much content in coded as there is in BBS to translate and record. So I would say sometime before Christmas.

robertexe

Yeah I'm guessing either late December or mid-January
The game is pretty much done.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I don't know. Even if it's nearly finished, I just don't foresee it coming before 2011. Didn't we just find out about it recently? If so, I think they'd hold it back for a while to establish more hype. But then again, I also thought they wouldn't release Re:CoM in NA at all, so what the fcuk do I know?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, I'd say December. At the most, I'll accept January 2011 but anything later is just being lazy :/
Jiminy's original VA confirmed the game to be in production loooooong before it was announced.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Yeah, I'd say December. At the most, I'll accept January 2011 but anything later is just being lazy :/
Jiminy's original VA confirmed the game to be in production loooooong before it was announced.

I don't see how it would be lazy.

They probably have a good reason to release it any later.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I don't see how it would be lazy.

They probably have a good reason to release it any later.

And what would that good reason be? I don't see any. They started voice acting way back in March which pretty much tells us that they've been working on the English and Japanese versions simultaneously. If voice acting was done all the way back from March they have no excuse to delay any further than a January release.

Silverslide

And what would that good reason be? I don't see any. They started voice acting way back in March which pretty much tells us that they've been working on the English and Japanese versions simultaneously. If voice acting was done all the way back from March they have no excuse to delay any further than a January release.

Development problems, finding a bug during testing, or the same reason BBS was delayed. It could be anything

If how far along the voice acting is determines the release date of a game then BBS should have been out months ago.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Development problems, finding a bug during testing, or the same reason BBS was delayed. It could be anything

If they found a bug during testing the English version, they would've found the exact same bug in the Japanese version so that's no excuse. The only "glitch" they would find is Japanese text in the English copy. But that's super easy to fix. All you have to go to is go to the editor, look up the word, and just hit delete and type down an English word. Simple as that.
And BBS was never delayed, what are you talking about?

Also Re:Coded isn't like BBS at all. It was very quick of them to make since all the elements put into Re:Coded were pretty much already made.

Silverslide

If they found a bug during testing the English version, they would've found the exact same bug in the Japanese version so that's no excuse. The only "glitch" they would find is Japanese text in the English copy. But that's super easy to fix. All you have to go to is go to the editor, look up the word, and just hit delete and type down an English word. Simple as that.
And BBS was never delayed, what are you talking about?

Also Re:Coded isn't like BBS at all. It was very quick of them to make since all the elements put into Re:Coded were pretty much already made.

They had to make new commands for the game. And probably an assload of new shit we haven't seen already.

I remember reading that BBS was delayed a while back because of Final Fantasy 13. It was in famitsu I think.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
TheLight said:
They had to make new commands for the game. And probably an assload of new shit we haven't seen already.
...what's your point? Those new commands are in the Japanese version too so really, once again, there's no excuse for a date later than January.

I remember reading that BBS was delayed a while back because of Final Fantasy 13. It was in famitsu I think.

o_0 That makes no sense at all whatsoever. Why would FFXIII's development effect BBS in any way? Versus and KH3 are different because Versus actually has the KH team but with FFXIII and BBS... why?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Late this year or early next year sounds about right. Though considering that BbS comes out this September either way it feels so...early. Not really complaning, just sayin'

Silverslide

...what's your point? Those new commands are in the Japanese version too so really, once again, there's no excuse for a date later than January.

o_0 That makes no sense at all whatsoever. Why would FFXIII's development effect BBS in any way? Versus and KH3 are different because Versus actually has the KH team but with FFXIII and BBS... why?

I don't friggin' know, that is just what I remember. Go google it if you care that much.

i wouldnt get my hopes up about it coming out later this year since bbs is release in september it does seem kinda early for coded to come out later this year.. but early next year definitely

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
So what if BBS is released in September? It is a PSP Game and heavily promoted. Re:coded might not get the heavy promotion and it is for the nintendo DS in time for the money grabbing holidays anyway. BBS would still have the spotlight and the release is 4 months apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back