• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Purpose of the Dark Shards

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Dang it, my internet attacks again!

@Nayru's Love: Woah, didn't realize it was worded that way. o_O All I meant was that the theory could be added to, and if you had any more ideas, I'd be glad to hear them. Sorry :{

Anyway, I've sort of run out of steam on this one. As I said before, this was a spur-of-the-moment idea. My other theories will be a little more thought out (I've been thinking on a few since DDD came out, and some since BBS.)

Thank you very much for the insight, and again, sorry!

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Well, I did state KH itself was Light, although it is now trapped in Darkness. Theory or no theory, that's the truth.
I think this is just a matter of a misunderstanding; what I thought you were explaining was how the darkness of the RoD was KH's darkness in the same manner that the darkness of a Heartless is a heart's darkness. However, looks like we're on the same page in the end. :x

It will also include info on Essences of the Heart, which are basically Hearts who are not Heartless (I think I mentioned them earlier).
Well, I personally call them floating/walking hearts, depending on the scenario. Granted, it's rare to find someone who also disagrees with XH being a Heartless.

*scratches head*Wait, WHAT? I thought Roxas' 2 keyblades were Sora's and Xion's-which may in fact be Ven's. Or do you mean that since Sora's is the one Riku was originally meant to have, that Roxas got it through Sora? Because that wasn't really an addition; it was present in the first game. Tell me, I'm curious.
Ah nah, you got the wrong picture. I was referring to Roxas throwing his keyblade to Riku during the fight in TWTNW (as seen in Deep Dive"). Even though the concept of Xion almost surely didn't exist during KH1FM development, Xion "eventually" became relevant to that scene, as seen in Days. This is a case of an "accidental addition."

Hmm, never really thought of it that way. But if Kingdom Hearts was all-powerful like the Christian God, then how is it trapped in the Realm of Darkness? Couldn't it just free itself?
Well, I'm sure you catch my drift. Even though KH is the heart of all everything, it still has certain traits that distinguish it from every other heart.

@Nayru's Love: Woah, didn't realize it was worded that way. o_O All I meant was that the theory could be added to, and if you had any more ideas, I'd be glad to hear them. Sorry :{

Anyway, I've sort of run out of steam on this one. As I said before, this was a spur-of-the-moment idea. My other theories will be a little more thought out (I've been thinking on a few since DDD came out, and some since BBS.)

Thank you very much for the insight, and again, sorry!

Derp, not following my advice on taking it casual, I see. ;)
Don't be so apologetic; most of us aren't the elitist douchebags that would care about shit like that, so you good. That being said, the theory overall is average. For a first theory posted, it definitely shows a high level of critical thinking compared to most other first theories I've seen. Then again, I can't exactly judge you as a theorist, given the the ambiguity over how extensive your knowledge over the series is (whether you lurked for some time or some shit like that; I don't want to make any assumptions).

Xblade13

Awards
I think this is just a matter of a misunderstanding; what I thought you were explaining was how the darkness of the RoD was KH's darkness in the same manner that the darkness of a Heartless is a heart's darkness. However, looks like we're on the same page in the end. :x

Exactly. I meant it as an external darkness "devouring" Kingdom Hearts. A similar scenario would be if a Heartless somehow devoured a PoH's heart. They would not become their own Heartless, but they would be trapped in the other darkness until said darkness is destroyed.

Well, I personally call them floating/walking hearts, depending on the scenario. Granted, it's rare to find someone who also disagrees with XH being a Heartless.

Well, "Ansem" did write in one of the Ansem Reports from the first game: "...I have returned...but I have not become a Heartless. I am merely a heart..." or something along those lines, anyway. It is possible that because he had a Shard of Darkness, it prevented his heart from being devoured by darkness, though he had an increased attraction to it (as if that wasn't enough when he was Xehanort :D).

Ah nah, you got the wrong picture. I was referring to Roxas throwing his keyblade to Riku during the fight in TWTNW (as seen in Deep Dive"). Even though the concept of Xion almost surely didn't exist during KH1FM development, Xion "eventually" became relevant to that scene, as seen in Days. This is a case of an "accidental addition."

Ah, I getcha.

Well, I'm sure you catch my drift. Even though KH is the heart of all everything, it still has certain traits that distinguish it from every other heart.

So, it's basically a giant PoH-like Heart of Pure Light, which can only be opened by the χ-blade, and which is now trapped in Darkness and waiting for its savior? Too bad that "savior" might be Xehanort. Hopefully Sora gets to be the one to save it. Surely Kingdom Hearts will reward whoever "rescues" it? Cuz Sora needs some love, after failing the Mark of Mastery Exam. Especially if he's the one to fight one on one against Master Xehanort at the end of KH3. :D

Derp, not following my advice on taking it casual, I see. ;)Don't be so apologetic; most of us aren't the elitist douchebags that would care about shit like that, so you good. That being said, the theory overall is average. For a first theory posted, it definitely shows a high level of critical thinking compared to most other first theories I've seen. Then again, I can't exactly judge you as a theorist, given the the ambiguity over how extensive your knowledge over the series is (whether you lurked for some time or some shit like that; I don't want to make any assumptions).

Gotcha :) I've been a fan of the series since 2002, played every game so far except the Final Mixes and DDD, which I spoiled myself on because I don't have a 3DS yet.

Well, it's late, so I'm gonna turn in. Maybe I'll start a new thread tomorrow, unless there's more to be squeezed out of this one (which I doubt).

Nayru's Love

Awards
Well, "Ansem" did write in one of the Ansem Reports from the first game: "...I have returned...but I have not become a Heartless. I am merely a heart..." or something along those lines, anyway. It is possible that because he had a Shard of Darkness, it prevented his heart from being devoured by darkness, though he had an increased attraction to it (as if that wasn't enough when he was Xehanort :D).
I wouldn't necessarily reason XH's uniqueness as a result of his special anatomy so much as how he possibly became a floating heart. I've been under the notion that he used a keyblade to release his heart to become XH and Xemnas.

So, it's basically a giant PoH-like Heart of Pure Light, which can only be opened by the χ-blade, and which is now trapped in Darkness and waiting for its savior? Too bad that "savior" might be Xehanort. Hopefully Sora gets to be the one to save it. Surely Kingdom Hearts will reward whoever "rescues" it? Cuz Sora needs some love, after failing the Mark of Mastery Exam. Especially if he's the one to fight one on one against Master Xehanort at the end of KH3. :D
Not so much being "saved," rather it's probably waiting for the day when the worlds can reunite together (and not do stupid shit, like starting a war).

Gotcha :) I've been a fan of the series since 2002, played every game so far except the Final Mixes and DDD, which I spoiled myself on because I don't have a 3DS yet.
Take a look at some of the Nomura interviews; the important ones are usually in the Ultimania books (but the actual interviews should be available all over the internet). You'd be surprised at what you can learn from them (case in point, how we knew about XH and Xemnas reuniting to form Xehanort years before the release of Re:Coded, the first game to acknowledge Xehanort's return).

sdr08

did the 12 other vessels get chosen by the 12 shards, or they just have copies of Xehanort's shard, if that's the case, the remaining shards are out there waiting to pick people, and Xehanort's group is not the true 13 darknesses, or does this even matter?

naturemage2

Actually, can a shard be stolen from another potential bearer? Because I believe MX in DDD mention how destiny will bring together all the pieces to the keyblade graveyard.

If this is the case, could another sect of dark keyblade wielders exist that haven't been brought up yet?

Xblade13

Awards
did the 12 other vessels get chosen by the 12 shards, or they just have copies of Xehanort's shard, if that's the case, the remaining shards are out there waiting to pick people, and Xehanort's group is not the true 13 darknesses, or does this even matter?
Well, I theorized that Xehanort was chosen by all 13 Dark Shards. Because he was the first person since the Keyblade War confirmed to have opened himself to darkness, they saw him as worthy. However, they will apparently not forge the χ-blade unless they are in seperate bodies (that, or Xehanort just wanted to raise his chances against the 7 Lights :/ ).

So, when Xehanort placed a fragment of his heart in the other 11 (he was unable to get Sora), he also gave them a Shard. He still has 2: one for himself, and one for whoever replaces Sora's spot as the 13th vessel.

Hope that helped.

sdr08

Well, I theorized that Xehanort was chosen by all 13 Dark Shards. Because he was the first person since the Keyblade War confirmed to have opened himself to darkness, they saw him as worthy. However, they will apparently not forge the χ-blade unless they are in seperate bodies (that, or Xehanort just wanted to raise his chances against the 7 Lights :/ ).

So, when Xehanort placed a fragment of his heart in the other 11 (he was unable to get Sora), he also gave them a Shard. He still has 2: one for himself, and one for whoever replaces Sora's spot as the 13th vessel.

Hope that helped.

but we don't know when the war exactly was, it could be 100, 500, 1000 years before Xehanort was born. there could of been some darkness users besides Xehanort in that time span. I don't think it would be wise for the shards to pick just one person. I suspect the other 12 we will learn about in the next saga.

but i could be wrong lol

Nayru's Love

Awards
I think just about anyone can be a light or darkness, given that they fit certain prerequisites. I don't think destiny literally predetermined who would be what, rather the purpose of being a shard is to represent the strength of your faction during the present. It goes to show you that, no matter what time period your in, there will always be people who will fight for their faction, and that everyone has the potential to represent what they believe in.

Xblade13

Awards
but we don't know when the war exactly was, it could be 100, 500, 1000 years before Xehanort was born. there could of been some darkness users besides Xehanort in that time span.

Well, even if other people of Darkness popped up and recieved dark shards before Xehanort, there is the possibility none knew what the χ-blade was (like Maleficent), or, if they did, they may not have known what to do to reforge it. They may have died, forcing the Shards to again wait for someone of Darkness.

I don't think it would be wise for the shards to pick just one person. I suspect the other 12 we will learn about in the next saga.

The Dark Shards seek to bring Kingdom Hearts to the Realm of Light. So, if they knew Xehanort had ambitions to forge the χ-blade, coupled with cunning and the smarts, they could all chose him. And if he died, they would just wait for someone else to come along, because there inevitably would be someone else. There's ALWAYS someone else. :D

The Shards don't care about Xehanort personally. They just know he's the one man who is willing to do ANYTHING to see the light in Kingdom Hearts. Including starting the Keyblade War again.

If he doesn't have all the Shards, then putting his heart in other vessels, and believing that the other Shards will magically choose them, is arrogance bordering on insanity. And I don't think Xehanort is THAT crazy.

Right? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back