• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Politics Queen Elizabeth II died today, thoughts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
At the age of 96, the queen of England passed away today September 8th 2022, and Operation London Bridge is now in effect. Personally given the controversial parts of the royal family I can't say I'm shedding any tears.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Thoughts? I want my 10 days mounring mate

I would certainly like to know what this period of bereavement is like for the public. According to quick research, employers are not required to let there staff take off. Is this with or without pay if they do?

Awards
I don't have any strong opinions about the royal family so I'm not really shedding any tears either, but that being said, my heart does go out to the country as a whole. They just lost their Queen, someone that's been consistent in their culture for over 70 years. A loss like this will be felt for quite some time I imagine.

2 quid is good

Awards
I would certainly like to know what this period of bereavement is like for the public. According to quick research, employers are not required to let there staff take off. Is this with or without pay if they do?
We were told we might get 4 days national holiday, then the press leaked it would be just 1 day, and now it's looking like NO holiday.

But no comedy or sports allowed on TV for the next 10 days 🤔

However we should be getting her funeral as a national holiday at the latest, but that probably won't happen either

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
We were told we might get 4 days national holiday, then the press leaked it would be just 1 day, and now it's looking like NO holiday.

But no comedy or sports allowed on TV for the next 10 days 🤔

However we should be getting her funeral as a national holiday at the latest, but that probably won't happen either

Sounding about as chintzy as 'Merica right now, with regard to benefits. I'd be running comedy specials 24/7 just to protest. Sorry. :(

lizayong

Awards
One day we will all die, even if you are a princess, or a normal person poor or rich, old or young and we will be just a souvenir.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raz
D

Deleted member 246005

She was a Doctor Who fan. Respect.

Honestly I'm meh about it. Life comes and goes. May Allah judge her accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:

2 quid is good

Awards
She was a Doctor Who fan. Respect.

Honestly I'm meh about it. Life comes and goes. May Allah judge her accordingly.
Ameen. It's why I try not to be too harsh in my words and sentiments towards her, I know I'm no angel myself.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I mean, I wasn't a fan or anything, and I'm not British, so... I have no love for monarchies, but she ruled when the role was largely ceremonial only with not much real power (thank God). I'm sorry for her family and hope she rests in peace, and she was a diligent person in life who was a decent role model for the world, that I'll give her.

As far as royals talk goes though, I wish they could just jump straight to the grandson rather than Charles becoming the face, but I know it doesn't work that way. I think the grandson would / will do a much better job in that role, he's more likable for sure.

Back