• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about Final Fantasy XI

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

Hey, I'm looking for a new MMORPG to buy. So far I've already tried the following:

City of Heroes
City of Villains
Star Wars Galaxies
World of Warcraft
The Matrix Online

Right now, in my search for a new MMORPG, I'm leaning majorly toward Final Fantasy XI. I just have two questions about it:

1. What do you all think of it in general? How does it stack up to the MMORPGs already on my list?

2. I understand there's a subscription fee, but are there Prepaid Game Cards too? There have been prepaid cards for all of the games on my list, and I really feel better about using a prepaid card to pay for an MMO, rather than using my credit card.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
FFXI-is fun if you dont mind using teamwork and helping others. You have to help others because later you may need help getting something.You well have someone to help them.Teamwork is what i love about it..You cant get no where without it.

FFXI from 1-75 there is always something to in lvl or just learn about the world around. Almost ever zone has A story behind it you can learn from NPCs, doing missions and quests. In FFXI you do require to do a little bit of thinking, there is no just engaging a mob and spamming a few abiltys over and over and over untill its dead..Get tried of you main job. Do you want to try another one for a while? In FFXI you be any job with your character change anytime, you dont have to start a new Character..

you going earn something in FFXI when you give to it.your first job will prolly end up taking quite along time to level. you arnt getting lvl75 in 5 weeks etc..It may take you over a year or more just with your main..

Pros-
Good for players who want to group.
Nice job system.(the best)
Solid community with frequent player events.
Auto translator to help bridge the gap between Japanese and English players.
Good character models.(though you see ur twin alot XD, it is the best creat you character model but its good)
Should satisfy most hardcore gamers looking for a MMORPG.

Cons- i dont mind these but some ppl do
Not for solo players.(Why ppl play MMORPGS for soloing I dont get)
Hard to level.(I like that kinda, because you dont get to lvl75 in a few weeks)
Too much camping.
Huge time investment needed.(i mean alot, not so bad when you get used to it XD)
Poor economy.(it is getting ALOT better now)

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

Not for solo players.
MMORPG stands for Massively MULTIPLAYER Online Role Playing Game. MULTIPLAYER means that it's designed for people to play together.

Hard to level.
hmmm, well, I hope it doesn't get way too hard to level. That was one of my main problems with Star Wars Galaxies. I'd prefer leveling to be like it is in City of Heroes. In CoH, it's fairly easy to get up to your earlier levels, but then once you get to about lvl 6, then it starts getting a lot harder.

Too Much Camping.
Dude, that's a problem that every online gamer needs to face, whether they're playing an MMORPG or a FPS.

Huge time investment needed.
Just like every other Square Enix game out there.

Poor economy.
Ok, that's the only true con about Final Fantasy XI. Dont worry, I'm sure I'll find a way to cope.

Anyway, I still mainly need my second question answered though. Do they make Prepaid Game Cards for Final Fantasy XI?

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
MMORPG stands for Massively MULTIPLAYER Online Role Playing Game. MULTIPLAYER means that it's designed for people to play together.
indeed, but some ppl hate that fact..I dont get why ppl play MMOs for soloing..but theres as a few ppl..XD

I'd prefer leveling to be like it is in City of Heroes. In CoH, it's fairly easy to get up to your earlier levels, but then once you get to about lvl 6, then it starts getting a lot harder.
Its kinda like in FFXI, 1-10 is easy to get to..after that you going to be in partys..

Dude, that's a problem that every online gamer needs to face, whether they're playing an MMORPG or a FPS.
FFXI break the mole their is what I was trying to say..XD..

Ok, that's the only true con about Final Fantasy XI. Dont worry, I'm sure I'll find a way to cope.
and thats getting alot better, Their getting rid of gil sells etc..its allready getting a little better..

Anyway, I still mainly need my second question answered though. Do they make Prepaid Game Cards for Final Fantasy XI?
I heard they was some, I fail to see any though. As far I know. They dont make them..I have to use a Visa. but ppl tell me theirs some around..I never see any though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back