• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about KH3D's ending...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Square2

Awards
This might be easily answered, but I was wondering why Riku asked Xion who she was. Is it due to the fact that Xion appears differently to different people at different times? Or is it because of something else? o.o Just wondering

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Long story short: when Xion died, everyone forgot about her.

Square2

Awards
Ohhhhh, right.. I completely forgot how Roxas was slowly forgetting her. Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Also, I've been seeing a lot of posts about people wanting Xion to come back with the BBS crew, but if no one remembers her, how likely do you think she is to come back? I don't think they'd need her if they don't know she exists. Anyway, thanks for answering my question!

Walkway

Ohhhhh, right.. I completely forgot how Roxas was slowly forgetting her. Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Also, I've been seeing a lot of posts about people wanting Xion to come back with the BBS crew, but if no one remembers her, how likely do you think she is to come back? I don't think they'd need her if they don't know she exists. Anyway, thanks for answering my question!

The way the story is makes it pretty obvious she's coming back with everyone else. From Roxas telling Axel "You made a promise, that you'd always be there to bring us back." To Sora seeing her in his dream and her presence on Destiny Island in his heart. Even Ansem the Wise mentions a certain "Empty Puppet" having a heart, and that Sora could bring back people they thought were lost to them forever.

I have a feeling the memories of her will resurface either in Sora himself, or through Ansem the Wise's data he gave to Riku. Then she'll end up right alongside everybody else.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The way the story is makes it pretty obvious she's coming back with everyone else.

That was practically already made clear way back in Blank Points in BBS together with the answers Nomura gave in the BBS Ultimania about "those calling for Sora" having a chance to come back to the world.

Several parts of the fandom just refused to acknowledge it due to various reasons.

The story of DDD now only deepens that premise and gives a first glance at the "how it will be possible". How the entire process actually works and what the details are that Riku is now keeping safe on Ansem the Wise's behest will be revealed in KH III eventually when the suffering ones are actually saved.

LMNOP

I dont understand when people go they just cant stay gone haha.
I just feel weird with Xion and Roxas possibly being extracted from Sora. In my opinion there dead physically, but live on in Sora's heart. They sacrificed to make him Whole again, so if when they extract him will that not in some way take something from him.

IDK i just dont like the idea of them coming back. Either way if they do or dont im sure Nomura will find a way to make me be okay with it.

EDIT: also dont get me wrong I like both Xion and Roxas so no hate there.

naturemage2

I think the harder issue is, where are they are gonna get the body + soul to make them complete. Remember that Xion and Roxas have hearts in developement. Extracting them would be equivalent to removing a non malignant tumor. Sora has already gain what they took from him (memories and body).

What I don't understand is the concept of birth by sleep . Does awakening trigger some free body and soul to appear or is there another process. Is body and soul made of light? So would the physical essence be made by kingdom hearts or the realm of light?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They're trapped inside Sora's heart. They don't "live" at all but are sleeping in sadness, as Yen Sid very much explained at the beginning of DDD.
The only reason they had to be sacrificed in the first place was because Naminé messed around with Sora's memories, she herself said so in a cutscene in Days when she was discussing Sora's state with Riku.

Why do you think Young Xehanort calls Sora's heart a prison? That isn't a complete lie even if YX wants to use it to weaken Sora's heart.
The intense pain of Roxas and the others inside Sora is what also hampers Sora's heart and caused it to eventually fall into darkness because being exposed to the pain unprepared made Sora's heart falter.
Just what Data-Naminé had warned about in Coded and what was now exploited by the new Organisation.

I'm also slowly getting sick of those people always preaching Roxas has no right to exist on his own, he has a goddamn heart and an own consciousness independent from Sora. Sora himself sees him as an own person and allowed him to exist on his own (as pointed out by Ansem the Wise) and even Naminé commented on how impressed she was when she saw how hard he and Xion were fighting to be their own people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back