• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Question about Region Locking For BD on PS3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Ok i have gone to may sites to figure out how this works but people have a lot of varying opinions though from what i have gathered i think i have it. I wanted to ask the KHI community to help me with my dilemma.

So my question is: Do BD Movies from America or Japan work on Australian PS3 Consoles?

From what I have gathered Blu-ray players are completely Region free its just the BD Itself that region locked. There are 3 different regions in which Disks differ for its capabilities. A,B and C. Despite all this there are disks that can be purchased that can be completely region free and will work on any Blu-ray player regardless. Over 50% of BD disks are region free apparently.

I just want someone to enlighten me if this information is correct before i do purchase something and it ends up not working and if there is any other information that i should know about.

I appreciate all the help i can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back