• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions about TWEWY

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odium Crop

Banned
I know that I am probably not meant to post anything questioning TWEWY here, but because there has only been one game (not counting the remakes or non-canon inclusion in DDD) and because it has been associated with Kingdom Hearts I assumed some people might know the answers to my questions.

I have recently finished watching a walkthrough of TWEWY that lasted for over sixty parts, and I would like to ask about some parts that confused me:

(Possible spoiler warning)

1. Before Joshua started the countdown near the end of the game when him and Neku were about to use the guns, he said that he had collected Neku's entry fee. What was the entry fee, and what happened to it?

2. After Neku was shot (at the end) and woke up at the Scramble crossing, I have read at least twice that he was back on the RG because Joshua had a change of heart, but if this is true, then I am confused about why he yelled and why 'seven days later' is shown after this. To me, this implies that he had to go through the reaper's game again, even though there is probably no way that he would have survived it if this happened.

3. The biggest point that I have been wondering about is, though I am not sure where (probably YouTube comments. Not a source to rely on; I know.), I think I read that the reason that Neku has such an intensely negative attitude is because he had a former friend that committed suicide. I highly doubt that this is true, but has anyone heard this before?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
1. Before Joshua started the countdown near the end of the game when him and Neku were about to use the guns, he said that he had collected Neku's entry fee. What was the entry fee, and what happened to it?
We're not sure, ultimately. TWEWY does a good job of wrapping itself up, but throws us a curve ball and a whole lot of questions right at the end.

2. After Neku was shot (at the end) and woke up at the Scramble crossing, I have read at least twice that he was back on the RG because Joshua had a change of heart, but if this is true, then I am confused about why he yelled and why 'seven days later' is shown after this. To me, this implies that he had to go through the reaper's game again, even though there is probably no way that he would have survived it if this happened.
This is another ambiguous point that's still unresolved, between what is in the normal game and the Secret Reports.

3. The biggest point that I have been wondering about is, though I am not sure where (probably YouTube comments. Not a source to rely on; I know.), I think I read that the reason that Neku has such an intensely negative attitude is because he had a former friend that committed suicide. I highly doubt that this is true, but has anyone heard this before?
The Secret Reports tell us that Joshua has spent much of his life being lonely. That, combined with ruling Shibuya from on high (as opposed to doing things with feet on the ground, so to speak), would make it very easy for him to dismiss any good that might exist in Shibuya. That, and it's possible his own feelings might be reflected in Shibuya, and/or vice-versa. Nowhere, however, does it say a friend of his committed suicide.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The Secret Reports tell us that Joshua has spent much of his life being lonely. That, combined with ruling Shibuya from on high (as opposed to doing things with feet on the ground, so to speak), would make it very easy for him to dismiss any good that might exist in Shibuya. That, and it's possible his own feelings might be reflected in Shibuya, and/or vice-versa. Nowhere, however, does it say a friend of his committed suicide.

He was talking about Neku though, not Joshua.

I think there was something about this topic in the secret reports, but it has been too long since I last played TWEWY,

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well in Another Day they mention that AD!Neku had a friend who had died, but we do not know if this was the same for Neku in the mainline story.

Neku screamed because he thought he was back in the game. Then he realized people saw him and heard him and weren't walking through him like he was a ghost. A week later he meets up with his friends for the first time since the Game ended.

Also Odium, it is very much canon that they have appeared. It just isn't their mainline story selves that appear in KH3D, but their KH alternate selves. Any and all alt realities should be considered canon...in their not-canon-to-main-TWEWY way~

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Edit: Now that I think about it, I think Neku's AD story is canon with his main one (no real surprise there). I mean, when Rhyme dies, he's all like, "I feel like crap. This is just like that one time-- Wait, what time?!" or something like that. As we all know, Neku had amnesia at that moment, but I think Rhyme's death was resurrecting the memory of his friend's fate.

1. Though it's not entirely confirmed, most people seem to think it was Beat and Shiki, seeing as how Shiki (and all of the Players in Week 3) had been Neku's Entry Fee before, and Joshua was keeping them from moving, and said something along the lines of, "These will do nicely," and stuff. I think, anyway. -shrugs-

2. Neku is, in fact, in the RG after the shooting. If you look closely, you can tell that people are seeing and hearing him for once. I think his reaction is just about everything that had happened before (Joshua's betrayal, etc.), and it's seven days later, because that's when the gang meets up again. (Before that, Neku was most likely gathering his thoughts, and everyone was in the process of having things go back to normal.)

3. In Another Day, Neku reveals that he blames himself for the death of his only friend, and it's for that reason he's so messed up. Basically, Neku invited him to go look at CAT's mural with him (as they both loved graffiti), but he died in some sort of accident on the way there, thus why Neku blames himself. If he hadn't invited his friend, he never would have died on the way there, blah blah blah.

It should be noted that some fans speculate the friend actually could've been Joshua, as there are a few things that might hint it. But as of now there's no proof to confirm this at all. But who knows? Maybe a prequel or sequel could touch on the "Neku's friend" story more. Though keep in mind this is only for AD. While I do think this probably is the canon story for Neku in the true TWEWY-verse, you still might want to take it with a grain of salt.

Also, you can see the KH3D cameo as canon, if you so wanted to. They did explain it in a way that it could actually be their TWEWY selves in 3D, though it probably is just other versions of themselves like in Another Day. But seeing as how TWEWY deals with parallel universes, it still can be considered canon, as you could assume they're other versions of them from an alternate TWEWY universe. Also, do you know about Live Remix?

Anyway, hope I cleared up some of your questions. If you have anymore, feel free to ask:) As I'm a huge fan of TWEWY, I'd be happy to help.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well, no. I never looked into it, so what importance does it have?

Live Remix is a mobile social game created in partnership with GREE. Players can play as Neku, Joshua, Beat, and many more in teams of 20 as they traverse through Shibuya defeating Ringleader Noise and accomplishing missions to gain points. Two teams go head to head, and the one with the most points wins.

This is another example of an alternate Shibuya.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It also introduced a new character, Coco, who dishes out the missions to the Players and gives them tips. She makes appearance as a secret shop in Solo Remix (you have to pay real money for the stuff she sells, though) which wasn't added until an update made to the game after Live Remix came out.

05.jpg
04.jpeg

Screenshot01.jpg

Odium Crop

Banned
So... If the Live Remix is played in teams of twenty, then who are the other playable characters supposed to be? Are any of them reapers?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So... If the Live Remix is played in teams of twenty, then who are the other playable characters supposed to be? Are any of them reapers?

Why would Reapers be playing the Game? xD They are all Players, but everybody probably sees themselves as one of the protagonists they pic. You're just supposed to assume that everybody is a different Player.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I just really hope that Live Remix ends up being Another Day quality, and maybe ends up hinting at TWEWY2 a bit. But seeing as how Square sometimes does with social games...

But anyway, there are so many possibilities! Maybe Rhyme won't die this time around, and maybe we'll even see how she fights/possibly play as her. Maybe we'll get to see Shiki's real appearance, and actually see had and Eri together (more Eri, in general, would be nice, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up). I just hope that there's a lot of cute NeShiki, friendship moments all around, and maybe some Joshua and Rhyme interaction. I just think those two could be close, and lead to some good character development for each other, okay?! I mean, in some ways they have a lot in common, but in others they'd really clash, and come out better for it... It'd also be cool to see Neku and Rhyme Partner up. Just sayin'.

Anyway... Be Another Day-esque, Live Remix! Please. I'm begging you. Maybe even lampshade yourself and have Shiki make Neku take his shirt off this time around or something. XD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I just really hope that Live Remix ends up being Another Day quality, and maybe ends up hinting at TWEWY2 a bit. But seeing as how Square sometimes does with social games...

But anyway, there are so many possibilities! Maybe Rhyme won't die this time around, and maybe we'll even see how she fights/possibly play as her. Maybe we'll get to see Shiki's real appearance, and actually see had and Eri together (more Eri, in general, would be nice, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up). I just hope that there's a lot of cute NeShiki, friendship moments all around, and maybe some Joshua and Rhyme interaction. I just think those two could be close, and lead to some good character development for each other, okay?! I mean, in some ways they have a lot in common, but in others they'd really clash, and come out better for it... It'd also be cool to see Neku and Rhyme Partner up. Just sayin'.

Anyway... Be Another Day-esque, Live Remix! Please. I'm begging you. Maybe even lampshade yourself and have Shiki make Neku take his shirt off this time around or something. XD

Keep in mind that this is a social game. We'll see these characters but they're not going to interact with each other. We're just going to run around and fight Noise. That's pretty much it.

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.
1.) I can't say for certain, and this is merely a theory, but based on the ending when Neku says, "I can't forgive you, but I trust you." Maybe, just maybe, at that moment Neku wanted more than anything to forgive Josh, but it was taken away. Again, just a theory.

2.) Okay, remember day 2 when Neku almost killed Shiki? In that last Game, I think that Joshua did it to test Neku and see if he is willing to take a life if it means saving himself. I mean, the purpose of the Composer's Game is to make the Players better people and if he could make someone like Neku change for the better, then he would not destroy Shibuya.

3.) It's true, in 'Another Day', as you're climbing the building in Pork City, little by little, Neku explains that he lost a very dear friend, we're not entirely sure what happened. But one Secret Report mentions that Neku's negative nature is due to some 'traumatic' event in his life.

Hope this clears thing up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back