• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions Regarding KH Novels

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeggieKeyblader

So, I was reading a few of the translated KH2 and 358/2 Days Novels and came upon some interesting scenes... I'm not really sure about what they mean, so I'll point a few of them out for discussion...

Even deeper in than the Round Room was Xemnas’ lab.
There were rooms that seemed like laboratories all over the castle, but only a restricted few members were allowed to go to this one.
Xemnas and Xigbar were there.
“I don’t like it.”
“What are you talking about.”
Xigbar, sitting on a sofa at the side of the room, said "I'm talking about how all the guys who went to Castle Oblivion got annihilated by the Hero.”
Xemnas, who was writing something, stilled his hand.
“Making the Hero dispose of Marluxia was fixed from the start. D’you give the order?”
“That is correct… what did you want to know?”
“Even so, having everyone annihilated just doesn’t fly, as they say. You can’t say the test project is turning out to be a winner, and half of us founding members getting annihilated has to have been unplanned, right, Xehanort?”
…What an old name,” Xemnas said, mouth twisted, laughing at it.
At the name from once, when he had been a human, when he had been that person’s pupil… and, when he had fought with them.
“So, the annihilation wasn’t planned… those guys just got tangled in the net, as they say, didn’t they?” Xigbar looked at Xemnas.
“In any case, at least we have two Keyblades with us. Over here, the project is going well. Though our numbers have been halved, our plan hasn’t changed,” said Xemnas, simply. His eyes dropped to the papers by his hand, and his pen returned to running across the page.
Xigbar shrugged, and disappeared from the room.

I'm not sure if Xemnas planned the death of half of the founding members at Castle Oblivion. Also, I don't get why he laughed at the name 'Xehanort' being used, and what does it mean when it says 'when he had fought with them'? Does this mean that Xehanort fought with the other Apprentices? I was under the notion that they were relatively friends when they were apprentices.

On top of his bed, Roxas was breathing peacefully as he slept. Two shadows entered the empty room. One was Xemnas—and one was Saïx.
“It definitely appears to be Naminé’s influence,” Saïx reported, staring at Roxas’ sleeping face. Xemnas was doing the same thing beside him.
What on earth is happening in Castle Oblivion…? Apart from that concerning the annihilation, no contact has been made. It’s possible that the information is being cut off deliberately. All I can do is trust in Axel’s actions.
“Can he awaken?”
“I have received information that if all the Hero’s memories are peeled away, Roxas will come back to us,” Saïx answered.
“So everything depends on Castle Oblivion,” Xemnas said, as if to himself, and looked at Roxas again.
“Xion has become able to use the Keyblade as planned, and so for now, we can make Xion perform heart collection,” Saïx informed, in a detached manner.
If Xion can use the Keyblade, it doesn’t matter if Roxas sleeps.
Silence flowed between them.
When, by and by, Saïx went to leave the room, Xemnas opened his mouth again. “And, how fares the search for the room?”
That’s an important question relating to the very existence of Castle Oblivion. However, as always, we haven’t been able to find the room.
“Apparently, things aren’t progressing over there in the manner we thought they would,” answered Saïx, and walked at a leisurely pace out of Roxas’ room.
And so, Xemnas was the only one left there.
He gazed at Roxas’ sleeping face.
“So you’re still asleep…”
There was no one there to hear Xemnas’ murmured words but the sleeping Roxas.

Before reading this, I always thought that the MX part of Xemnas said 'So you're still asleep', but now I'm not so sure. Since Xemnas says that line after Saix says that the room (the Room of Awakening which holds a sleeping Ven) has not been found yet, Xemnas may be talking about Ven, still asleep since Aqua left his body there. Since Roxas looks like Ven, and there is obviously a connection between them, Xemnas looks at Roxas and says this line.

...Yet again I feel like I make no sense xD Hopefully it does, though. I'd really like to see what you guys think about these scenes.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
You know, not all of the stuff found in these novels are actually canon and relative to the story. They're adapted by other authors. I'm not saying this could be one if them, but it's possible.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
the first quote

I think that might of been either MX talking or Terra saying that he gave up that name when he became Xemnas.
and "when he had fought with them" maybe he was also talking about TAV?

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Well, I read the graphic novels. And, somewhere on it, it said adapted by *insert author here*. They're not always right on with the original story, but they do stick to it a lot. Whether this info about Xemnas is one of those, I'm not really sure.

Samhain

Bronze Member
the books are still considered canon. nomura helped out wit them and interestin discovery

idk i think the:
"At the name from once, when he had been a human, when he had been that person’s pupil… and, when he had fought with them."
is dealin with ansem the wise but i could be wrong.

and xehanort laughed at that name cuz he basically wanted to be a different entity than xehanort human. and he abandon that name 10 years ago which is why he laughed at it because ppl are still using it.

and idk i think the whole
"so ur still asleep"
still applies to master xehanort cuz over 14 years ago he dealt wit ven sleepin because he split his heart into 2.

Samhain

Bronze Member
but its basically the same thing so u can base a point directly from the novel.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
The novels are secondary canon. Meaning, the novels are canon, but if they contradict something in the game, the game's canonicity is the one that is the true canon and always correct.

MeggieKeyblader

The novels are secondary canon. Meaning, the novels are canon, but if they contradict something in the game, the game's canonicity is the one that is the true canon and always correct.

Oh, okay, so we should stick to him saying 'So, sleep has taken you yet again', like what it said in the game, rather than 'You're still sleeping'? Because they kinda have different meanings.

I think that might of been either MX talking or Terra saying that he gave up that name when he became Xemnas.
and "when he had fought with them" maybe he was also talking about TAV?

That's what I thought, too, but I think it kinda makes sense if it was the Terra part of him, because he says that after talking about the Room of Awakening, which is still unfound and houses Ven, who looks like Roxas. It could really go either way, though.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards

Yes, thank you for clearing that up.

siegleeagle

Oh, okay, so we should stick to him saying 'So, sleep has taken you yet again', like what it said in the game, rather than 'You're still sleeping'? Because they kinda have different meanings.

That's what I thought, too, but I think it kinda makes sense if it was the Terra part of him, because he says that after talking about the Room of Awakening, which is still unfound and houses Ven, who looks like Roxas. It could really go either way, though.

If two lines are different yet they mean the same thing then they are both canon. If there is a scene that changes the story to and contradicts the games then like it has been stated before the game is the most canon. If there is a scene that is not in the game and only in the novel then unless nomura says its canon you can't say it is or isn't. Besides nomura might have needed to give them things he made up so the story worked better in that way of telling the story. Doesn't mean it has to be canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back