• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quick question about Donald and Daisy.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I’m replaying KH and Donald says to Daisy, “would you look after the-“ and he gets cut off. Look after what?! His nephews are Traverse Town so it’s not them...

AR829038

Awards
If I had to take a stab, I'm guessing he was referring to the Cornerstone of Light, since neither he, Goofy, nor Mickey would be there to protect it. You see, originally Disney Castle was supposed to be a world in the first KH, and evidence suggests that the story would have been the same as it was in KH2, with Maleficent trying to acquire the castle by corrupting the Cornerstone. But when DC eventually got scrapped, they basically repurposed that world's storyline into KH2. I have no evidence to support this, it's just my shot-in-the-dark guess.

legacier

Awards
It was actually a case of bad translation. The Japanese version of the line was something along the lines of "we'll find the king—" but because the sentence structure in English is different from Japanese, there was no way to have Donald get cut off and still have it be clear what he was going to say, if that makes sense. So for the English translation, for some reason, they decided to go with something completely different and in the process created a mystery that doesn't exist. So the short answer is there was nothing to take care of, it was just a meaningless line they created so that it would sound natural for Donald to get cut off.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Wonder if Donald forgetting his date with Daisy in KH2 a mistranslation as well? That always felt like a odd scene given that Daisy was aware Donald was on a joruney

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Wow, all these years I've tried to figure out what he might be referring to. I thought it was either "the castle" or "the people" or even "the Queen"... LOL It's amazing how I would psychoanalyze every detail of the games back during KH1-CoM days. I miss that time.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I have to make a correction on "BAD TRANSLATION" on that line. It is not a bad translation, really.

I suggest you read this. Clyde is a professional translator.

It's actually pretty close, but confusing. According to that blurb by Clyde (otherwise known as the Earthbound 3 translator, or Tomato), that phrase is hard to translate since it's literally "Daisy, [missing verb], the Queen." And given the context, the missing verb is "Can you take care of.." So, "Daisy, can you take care of--" is pretty close actually. might of been lip flaps why they kept the incomplete sentence.

As I keep harping on, JAPANESE TO ENGLISH TRANSLATION IS MORE ART THAN SCIENCE. I hope that clears it up tho. I mean, they changed/localized it so they cut off the object (the Queen) not the verb, b/c of how JP works.

Last edited:
Back