• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quick question about Xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

venomblade

How did he go from this
1274565-terranort.png

to this

ix8gub.jpg

is it just age?

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: Quick question about Xehnanort

Visual retcon on Nomura's behalf to make things fit.

Zul

Awards
Eyes: Amnesia

Skin: Lighting

Hair: Comb/Brush/Moogle Superslick

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Darkness.
There guys, that answers everything.

Awards
Eyes: Amnesia

Skin: Lighting

Hair: Comb/Brush/Moogle Superslick

Yeah, the only real differences are in hair style and eye color.
Hair style I would attribute to being an apprentice. He looks more trim and proper, like with Dilan compared to Xaldin.
If you can picture Terranort growing out his hair in the back and then slicking his bangs across the side of his head (with two strands left as "antennae"), then that's basically Apprentice Xehanort).

That leaves the brown eyes. It could just be to throw us off, so we don't know who Apprentice Xehanort is (if they were yellow or blue, that'd give things away). Or perhaps some unforeseen development. Leaning toward the former but I wouldn't put the latter past Nomura either.

Last edited:

Zul

Awards
I was going to say Eraqus when I first saw the eyes, but Eraqus actually has grey eyes it seems. I don't mean to say that I thought part of Eraqus's personality was in AX though, I don't think it is at all.

I think they are what they are, eyes that are neither Terra's nor MX's color, intentionally put that way to keep fans guessing(likely using the Amnesia as a device for recoloring the eyes, granted the eyes were still yellow when Terranort was waking up, I suppose they simply didn't want to make a new model).

When they were brown in KH2, I used to think yellow eyes meant darkness. Now I don't think there is actually no proof, even prior to KH BBS, that darkness turns your eyes yellow.

As for the orange eyes of ASoD and Xemnas. DiZ also has orange eyes, I believe just as MX's influence over Braig(and perhaps Isa) turned his eyes yellow, the orange eyes of Xem and ASoD reflect DiZ influence on him, as he was under DiZ care for a year(eventually betraying him though).

Christhor

They look pretty close you guys, hair grows, y'know! The eyes? I ain't got a scooby.

But yeah, I think they look mainly the same.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Face Structure looks the same as Terra's to me.

Skin Color is probably just the lighting.

Hair being smoothed back is probably due to the fact he lives in a castle now with the ruler of Radiant Gardens so he probably has to look nice. He can't just go around with Terra's unkept hair style.

Eye Color. now this one is probably important. I would say it probably represents one or more of these three things:

1. Neither Terra nor MX are in control.

2. Since when you mix yellow (MX's eye color) and Blue (Terra's Eye Color) you get brown (Apprentice Xehanort's eye color) It may represent the fusion of Terra and MX's hearts into one heart.

3. Terra and MX both have equal influence over AX.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Err...when you mix blue and yellow...don't you then get green instead of brown???

Point 1 that neither MX or Terra are in control would be surely intriguing, and give more weight to the claim that Apprentice Xehanort is an own character with an own mind independent from both MX and Terra.

As we saw in the recent trailer of DDD, maybe MX and Terra constantly fighting over dominance within him made Apprentice Xehanort maybe a bit mentally unstable at times?

Christhor

The problem is that, judging by Braig's reaction to Xehanort, his hair grew in a pretty damn short amount of time.

I don't even remember this, what scene are you referring to? I'm assuming it's one in BBS.

Darkness makes your hair grow quickly? Darkness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back