• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quick theory on the silver-haired mystery man

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Now knowing the specifics of Xehanort's hair for reasons I cannot yet fathom, I observed the back of the head of the silver-haired man with a certain distinct recognition, every bit of the hair, save for the thick and lengthy part down the middle (inb4 cock jokes), is exactly like Xehanort's own hair.

The character's vest and location on Destiny Islands, however, got me wondering, and apparently someone suggested it might be an even older Riku. So, here goes.

When Riku's Body and Soul were possessed by Ansem SoD, and of course the lingering presence felt by him in Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts 2 has had an effect on Riku, and in the future drives his appearance to be like Xehanort's. I was gonna suggest that such a thing's already been seen with Vanitas affecting Sora's appearance, but it appears my conceptions of that were the wrong way around.

Anyway, that's it.

Frozura

If the bottle Sora received was not a year after KH2 when Aqua and Ansem met, then it could be enough time for Riku to grow his hair thus being a not-so-older older Riku?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
If the bottle Sora received was not a year after KH2 when Aqua and Ansem met, then it could be enough time for Riku to grow his hair thus being a not-so-older older Riku?

I think even a year is too long, and Riku looks even taller than he might grow in a year, but if this theory holds true, Ansem SoD's presence might have not only caused Riku's appearance to change but accelerated his approximation of that appearance.

Sir Adamus

∞;4763958 said:
I think even a year is too long, and Riku looks even taller than he might grow in a year, but if this theory holds true, Ansem SoD's presence might have not only caused Riku's appearance to change but accelerated his approximation of that appearance.

Did you see how much he grew in a few short months after CoM (and it is a few months, see Days)? It isn't unreasonable to assume he'll grow even further (Sora also had an extreme growth spurt, though it took longer), though probably at a slower rate as he is no longer in the Realm of Darkness.

Anyway, I like this - it'd be interesting if he took on aspects of Xehanort's Appearance.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Did you see how much he grew in a few short months after CoM (and it is a few months, see Days)? It isn't unreasonable to assume he'll grow even further (Sora also had an extreme growth spurt, though it took longer).
Having played Days as well, it seems to me more like ten months at a minimum that Riku had to grow, but I still see your point.

Sir Adamus

∞;4763971 said:
Having played Days as well, it seems to me more like ten months at a minimum that Riku had to grow, but I still see your point.

It's around a hundred days after the events of CoM in Days that Riku beat Xion (calling her Keybade a sham).

Z

Zulkir

What PROOF do we have that Xehanort's heartless(Master Xehanort's heart) has fully been purged from Riku? It could still be in there.

Unless Nomura 100% confirmed that the heart has been removed and now Xehanort is becoming whole.

The only thing I know for a fact is:

The hair IS Xehanort's hair, the differences and similarities are too solid.

The shirt is Riku's shirt from KH2, without the yellow/white jacket.

Sir Adamus

What PROOF do we have that Xehanort's heartless(Master Xehanort's heart) has fully been purged from Riku? It could still be in there.

Unless Nomura 100% confirmed that the heart has been removed and now Xehanort is becoming whole.

The only thing I know for a fact is:

The hair IS Xehanort's hair, the differences and similarities are too solid.

The shirt is Riku's shirt from KH2, without the yellow/white jacket.

It'd be interesting if Xehanort's heart had left some residual trace in Riku, leading to this.
And I agree with these two facts, maybe Xehanort will try to possess Riku again.

creampuff

I think Riku'd try and claw his own face off if that were the case, guys.

He only ever looked like Xeha's Heartless if he rolled around in darkness (IE the measures he took to catch Roxas) or when he was possessed, which was a matter of a concentration of darkness overwhelming him and allowing XH to take control. Riku's aged since the second one happened and his appearance is his own.

A sleeveless top really doesn't say that's him, and having conquered his darkness and aged some without changing his appearance in that direction it seems a strech to say he'd suddenly look like someone he isn't unless he lost a power struggle with darkness again. Not something I'd wish on the guy.

Edit: To clarify, this appeared during BbS, rather than at the end, didn't it? I think it was foreshadowing the events of KHI.

Kentsu13

i agree that terranort/ansem sod is still inside riku but he has supressed it but i bet it'll come back

Sir Adamus

i agree that terranort/ansem sod is still inside riku but he has supressed it but i bet it'll come back

It was probably vastly surpressed by the attempted digitisation of Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts is known to do things like this: such as erase the memories of Terranort for one.

B

brosandi

The whole thing with Ansem`s machine was that it had completely purged Xehanort`s Heartless from Riku.

EarMedicine

Why does it have To be Riku . Why can it not be Xehanort, is it because he's on DI. That's no reason for him to be Riku.

Z

Zulkir

Well his hair is that of Xehanort, NOT ansem SoD, Ansem SoD does not have those two bangs in the front-side.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Except he's standing exactly where Riku was seconds before.

Terra was having a "I can see the future" moment. Because Riku's heart becomes entangled with Xehanort's Heartless who is a part of Terra (Terranort), it showed the image of what seems to be Xehanort since that is who Riku becomes for most of his 15/16 year old life. Then he becomes the taller and not so filled with XH Riku we meet near the end of KH2.

State

Awards
Wait, so let me get this straight, infinity, you're suggesting that that man is an older Riku based on the possibility that XH's influence changed Riku's body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back