• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quinton Flynn's Voice Acting

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hassergam

Website
www.last.fm
Yeah, personally I really like Axel's voice, I think Quinton Flynn's voice acting in KH II was good but in KH:Re:CoM I really got disappointed, his voice sounds flat, without personality.

What do you think about this?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I second that notion. Only up to Hollow Bastion in the Floors, but he sounded... iono. He always seemed so passionate in the GBA version, but now his voice is flat. Like...
"I'm away from my Roxas so I don't care about shit".
He sounds... not even bored. He's just indifferent. That's not CoM Axel ;_;

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Hmm... I always felt that there was a reason for the drastic change in how his voice sounded. Like... it wasn't cocky enough, but, at the same time, it's not meant to be the same as KH2's voice.

Like... the year in between CoM and Roxas leaving changed him and the way he spoke. That's what I'm hoping, 'cuz I'd really rather not believe that Flynn botched it that badly, and then it was left that way.

a.x.e.l

tru dat. I was disappointed too, but I figured he got a complete personality change thanks to Roxas or something...but if he's the same in Days as in CoM (so far? I'm only on the 8th floor :s) ima kill summun. I haven't played the GBA version but I figured he was the same in RE as in it...but that'd be weird if he was so blah, cuz who doesn't like Axel for his fire?

And um, completely unrelated, but happy 02/10.

Shadowlight

Quinton Flynn may have changed the tone on purpose.
Axel was still completely loyal at the time, so he had less cockiness. Hence, voice flatness.

In KH2 he was thinking for himself and doing his own thing, plus he'd been with Roxas more so I suppose his personality changed, knowing he could be whatever he wanted to be/act around friends.

I hope he reverts back to his normal voice in 358/2 days.

Last edited:

Swxpert

Yeah, personally I really like Axel's voice, I think Quinton Flynn's voice acting in KH II was good but in KH:Re:CoM I really got disappointed, his voice sounds flat, without personality.

i think its the opposite i like(?) his voice in RE:CoM better than KH2, in KH2 he sounds, idk like all naselly, and he sounds less so in CoM, now personally i don't like his VA style at all im just saying that he sounds less gay for roxas in CoM

KaoriKix

It could also be attributed to the fact that Axel may have had to lay low during CoM. As we know, he wasn't exactly on the same track as Marluxia and Larxene... also, different characters may bring out different sides of his personality. We've seen him with Roxas, Kairi, Sora, Saix, etc. all of which he reacted differently to. Perhaps we just saw the side of him that Marly and Larxene bring out.

But personally, I thoroughly enjoyed his performance. Besides, to expect him to act in CoM the same way he did in KH2 doesn't make sense... apparently, a lot happened in that year we're waiting to see. And wasn't it said somewhere- I think in a novel translation- that Axel was bored out of his mind, to put it simply, until Roxas showed up? Maybe the monotony of his life was projected in his tone.

Awards

I know what you mean. it did sound really different, but if you really think about the fact that it had no personality then he's doing the voice correctly, since Axel is a nobody and not a person, therefor he has no personality, lol. But yea. It was strange.

sacred_wolf

i dont own re: CoM but i have seen videos on youtueb and i agree, his voice wasn't that great in CoM.

also to those who say his voice was like that because of roxas i dont believe. imo your voice does'nt just change cause you met someone new .

basicownage

to be truthful , I felt like voice acting all around for RE COM wasn't all that convincing
it didn't give me the same feel as KH1 and KH2

I think if the theory that he needed to be around Roxas for a different side to him to come out were true ....

..... then the scenes like when he released Namine and attempted to take out Marluxia wouldn't make sense
cause in those scenes I saw KH2 Axel for sure

LionHeart14

i noticed that too. When i first met Axel in Re:CoM i was like uhhhh whats up with his voice?? haha, oh well. Maybe that's just how Quinton Flynn wanted to voice him for that... If Axel ever pops up again in the KH series though, i would like it if he voiced him more like he did in KH2

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
If you all haven't noticed, Axel (didn't develop feelings for Roxas yet) was a bit more crazy and psychotic in CoM, so he was probably supposed to sound more... angry/dull.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I personally don't like how they changed Axel after CoM period. Seems too laid back and not aggressive enough. It seems with each new game they make (including Re:CoM) he becomes less and less aggressive.

Laliani

I live in a little place I like to call home ^_^
I personally don't like how they changed Axel after CoM period. Seems too laid back and not aggressive enough. It seems with each new game they make (including Re:CoM) he becomes less and less aggressive.

Blame it on Roxas :tongue:

I kind of agree, at first i didn't like his voice, but then I thought of how he was supposed to be different and all, and I guess it kind of fits. I mean, I could think of him being more emotionless before Roxas came. I think that makes sense, you know, because after Roxas, all these changes happened. He cared for somebody other than himself, and than that only person he cared for left. Then, we can't forget about Xion (whatever that's all about). But, still, It was a bit wierd. I wish we knew what Quinton was thinking when he was voicing Axel ^_^'

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Eh, I didn't really mind Axel's voice a lot in Re:CoM. Sure it had some difference, but it didn't bother me too much. I guess the fact that he had more lines covered that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back