• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quotes involving Riku

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.
I'm new here so I don't know if this is the right place to put this or if this was already mentioned.
Has anyone thought about the lines:
"You know, Riku has changed."
~Kairi
"And so this boy sought out to escape from his prison."
~Ansem the Seeker of Darkness
Or how Riku questions why he's on Destiny Island, of all places?
None of us know what Riku was like before KHI, and this may be answered in Birth by Sleep.
To me, a prison would be used to contain someone/something.
But why would Riku need to be contained?

A

Audo

It wasn't an issue of him needing to be contained, but more so that he felt contained. He felt like he was in a prison. It was a small world where nothing ever happened and Riku wanted more than that.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
"You know, Riku has changed."

It's foreshadowing. Kairi as a Princess of Heart senses that Riku is delving into darkness.

To me, a prison would be used to contain someone/something.
But why would Riku need to be contained?

The islands were described as prisons by those who have no appreciation for home. Face it, it is a rather small world with nothing much to do. People like Riku and Xehanort, those who are curious about the mysteries of life and are not afraid to go all the way to gain answers, do not like being confined. That's all there is to it really. If anything, Kairi's the one who has a more interesting past. The 'Riku has changed' line confirms the fact that Riku was normal before KH1.

Diastyl

Its like Riku feels like he's trapped inside a cage and desperately just wants to be free. Riku wanted more than that so he submits to the darkness.......... and you know the rest.......

A

Audo

Hmm, how do I put this?
If you think about Ansem's line only, it kinda sounds like Riku was meant to be on the island, it was destined to happen.
Uh, no it doesn't. What it sounds like is that Riku felt trapped and wanted more. That's all there is to it. Xehhy was just explaining Riku's motives and what drove him to do what he did that night. He wasn't saying anything like that.

It's made ever so obvious in the line that takes place before that one.

"To the heart seeking freedom, this island is a prison, surrounded by water."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back