• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

R.E.M. - Reality, Existence, Mentality [Sign-up/OOC]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm still in this.

I just need some help on what direction to go, because I haven't interacted with anyone quite yet. :3 So any suggestions on where to go would be great.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Um, well, you passed by our group, so you could always head over to the library.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
There. And with eight minutes to spare.
Very good.

I actually have a question about Chris' version of Alex's disappearance.

"Alex?" Chris asked puzzled, looking at his brother with concern. "Alex ran on ahead just a minute or so ago. Said she was going to the library, I think. Michael, are you sure you didn't just hit your head right now?"
My understanding of Chris' power is that he essentially "rewrites" reality. Is that what happened just now? Did reality shift so that Alex ran to the library rather than teleporting? Or if not, what explains Chris' belief that she did?

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
My understanding of Chris' power is that he essentially "rewrites" reality. Is that what happened just now? Did reality shift so that Alex ran to the library rather than teleporting? Or if not, what explains Chris' belief that she did?

In this case, it's to a lesser extent. Chris didn't outright rewrite reality this time around, rather unconsciously altered his perception. Alex was there and now she isn't. So, Chris's mind, in an effort to make sense of what happened, constructed an explanation, even though it clearly didn't happen as he perceived it.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
In this case, it's to a lesser extent. Chris didn't outright rewrite reality this time around, rather unconsciously altered his perception. Alex was there and now she isn't. So, Chris's mind, in an effort to make sense of what happened, constructed an explanation, even though it clearly didn't happen as he perceived it.
This isn't even that uncommon. Makes sense, that was my guess if not a complete warp.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
I apologize for disappearing so suddenly after encouraging everyone else to post. I'm in Hong Kong for these next two weeks, so my schedule and internet time are a bit wonky. That said, I'm going to try to get a REM post up sometime in the next few days.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Ugh, I have to apologize again (and double-post to do it). I just finally read KitKat's post and realized that I am now holding up two roleplayers. I will try very hard to get a post up in the next 24 hours.

EDIT: "Trying very hard" apparently doesn't always cut it, but the post is started and will be done.

EDIT EDIT: Done. Not sure if it's any good, but hopefully it will at least enable the plot to move forward again. Sorry again for holding so many people up.

This is not an excuse, but in writing this post for Alex I finally realized I needed to do some actual research on how a gender-queer person might navigate gendered bathrooms. (Sincere thanks to CD-Mann for broaching the topic through the character of Chase.) I found this blog particularly informative and interesting, and not just on the topic of this one post. Worthwhile reading for anyone interested.

A further note to CD-Mann: I really like the idea that Chase might be someone Alex can open up to later in the story (even though she is relatively "out" already with most of her friends and acquaintances), but didn't think the timing worked out well for this post, and so kind of skirted the issue.

I also need to read up on Shonen Jump and Persona 5, because while I decided (rather off the cuff) that Alex is into these things, I know next to nothing about them.

KitKat: actually, is that an actual reference to a Shonen Jump issue? If so, can you give me a link or at least a specific issue number so I can look it up?

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I also need to read up on Shonen Jump and Persona 5, because while I decided (rather off the cuff) that Alex is into these things, I know next to nothing about them.

KitKat: actually, is that an actual reference to a Shonen Jump issue? If so, can you give me a link or at least a specific issue number so I can look it up?

Nope, it isn't an actual reference because, http://shonenjump.viz.com/ no longer prints issues out anymore and it was just something I quickly threw in there to give Ennis a reason to be in the library. The actual Shonen Jump issue is online now and requires payment to get the subscription to read new manga and get official scans. I mean, you could list any manga you wanted to for Alex to be interested in. And https://youtu.be/wPqSkzNNPIg is a video game. :)

I'll try to get a post in shortly and I thoroughly enjoyed your post, Hidden. Quite amusing to say the least!

Last edited:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
FYI--starting today, I will be gone again for a week and unable to post. I noticed KitKat had posted and managed to squeeze in a tiny post before leaving. Hopefully it suffices for Alex's role in the story until I get back, but if necessary I give anyone permission to powerplay her character in the interests of moving the plot forward.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
I am probably not the one to be asking, given my penchant for disappearing and holding everyone else up, but... where'd everybody go? I'm still interested in writing this if others are too.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I've been busy due to a staff shortage at work. I finally get a day off tomorrow, so expect something from me around then.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm in it. I was hoping others would post before I had to go again.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Kay, kay, I'll have a post up soon.

@Hidden: Are you okay with it if I post before you do? Should I beat you to the punch and all. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back