• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Radiant Garden/ Hollow Bastion transition to BBS to KH2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Does anyone wonder or has anyone put made a diagram of Birth by Sleep Radiant garden transformed into KHII Radiant Garden? I've tried to make a mental picture of how similar the two actually are and I can kinda see how the Fountain Court and the Area where Merlin lives are similar but that's it.

Also is there any story of what exactly the Cavern of Remembrance is? Seems to me like it's the rising falls and the underground where you face Braig combined but I want to know the story behind it.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
When you compare the artwork between Kingdom Hearts II and Birth by Sleep, it's pretty easy to see how similar they really are, but there are very obvious differences.

Even though Hollow Bastion was restored to Radiant Garden, it's still (clearly) heavily damaged and may never quite look the same as it did a decade prior.

Because Radiant Garden is actually bigger than what we've seen/explored, it's entirely possible (in fact, probably confirmable) that both playable versions only overlap, rather than sync up. Barring the obvious areas, I don't think Sora treads the same ground Terra, Aqua and Ventus did.

As far as I can find, nobody's actually did a comparison of the maps. So you'd probably have to do that yourself.

State

Awards
Wow, I... I never thought Radiant Garden changed THAT much. Radiant Garden was truly that, a radiant garden, a paradise, the metropolis of light...

Gram

Banned
Awards
I never seen it as having changed much either besides the castle from kh1 not having the falls or water around it when seen in the background of kh2.

State

Awards
I never seen it as having changed much either besides the castle from kh1 not having the falls or water around it when seen in the background of kh2.

It's incredible how much damage Xehanort has done... D:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
They layout (especially the one depicted in BBS) really gives off the vibes the Gardens in FFVIII had. It looks like it could be portable almost with the fountains that look like glyphs surrounding it.

Right? Inadvertently to RG perhaps, but the damage certainly makes Maleficent look like an actual threat more than an idle one considering she actually did it. This Maleficent needs to return to KH.

State

Awards
They layout (especially the one depicted in BBS) really gives off the vibes the Gardens in FFVIII had. It looks like it could be portable almost with the fountains that look like glyphs surrounding it.
I knew it looked familiar; the FF8 Gardens. Spot-on~

Right? Inadvertently to RG perhaps, but the damage certainly makes Maleficent look like an actual threat more than an idle one considering she actually did it. This Maleficent needs to return to KH.
I think Maleficent is a TRUE threat should be touched in a side-game, seeing as how the focus right now is Xehanort and I presume that an entirely new villain (or someone we actually know) will be the next saga's antagonist.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I know and not only him but maleficent as well. Between the two it's frankly a miracle it was still standing to be honest. o,0

State

Awards
I know and not only him but maleficent as well. Between the two it's frankly a miracle it was still standing to be honest. o,0

It's only standing because Maleficent used it as her quarters, if not, the world would have been swallowed by End of the World.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's only standing because Maleficent used it as her quarters, if not, the world would have been swallowed by End of the World.

That dont make no less miraculous considering what damage Xehanort may have done first. xD

State

Awards
That dont make no less miraculous considering what damage Xehanort may have done first. xD
I don't think he made much damage (to the town at least). I think what happened was that Xehanort "killed" the apprentices, they turned into Heartless and Nobodies, Ansem SoD was born in Destiny Islands, Xemnas and the other five founding members were "born" in where they "died", proceeded to banish AtW, brought anything they deemed useful from the castle, left, stayed in anonymity and began recruiting members.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't think he made much damage (to the town at least). I think what happened was that Xehanort "killed" the apprentices, they turned into Heartless and Nobodies, Ansem SoD was born in Destiny Islands, Xemnas and the other five founding members were "born" in where they "died", proceeded to banish AtW, brought anything they deemed useful from the castle, left, stayed in anonymity and began recruiting members.

Why would Ansem be born in DI? From what we've learned form sora's turning heartless and that random guy in kh1 is that the heartless appears right where the human gave into darkness.

State

Awards
Why would Ansem be born in DI? From what we've learned form sora's turning heartless and that random guy in kh1 is that the heartless appears right where the human gave into darkness.

Hmm... Good point. Other than that, he stayed a while in Hollow Bastion and wrote those wrote those reports under his name ('cept for report no. 0).

Gram

Banned
Awards
Hmm... Good point. Other than that, he stayed a while in Hollow Bastion and wrote those wrote those reports under his name ('cept for report no. 0).

Actually by reading through those reports you can see that he wrote them before becoming a heartless. It isnt until near the end he mentions deciding to discard his body.

Korai

Awards
R.I.P. random guy. your twin brother in cids accessory shop and your other twin brother standing next to the district 3 door will never forget you...

State

Awards
Actually by reading through those reports you can see that he wrote them before becoming a heartless. It isnt until near the end he mentions deciding to discard his body.
Ah, yes, yes, that's true.

R.I.P. random guy. your twin brother in cids accessory shop and your other twin brother standing next to the district 3 door will never forget you...
Hahah, if there are more than two brothers, they're not twins. xD

Gonzales95

Awards

Aren't all nobodies born in Twilight Town? Xemnas seemed to know exactly where Roxas was going to pop up, so wouldn't that mean that all nobodies are from there, given that it lies in the Realm Between? They could also be born in TWTNW, but I always assumed that world was constructed by Org XIII, whilst Twilight Town is more 'natural'.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Aren't all nobodies born in Twilight Town? Xemnas seemed to know exactly where Roxas was going to pop up, so wouldn't that mean that all nobodies are from there, given that it lies in the Realm Between? They could also be born in TWTNW, but I always assumed that world was constructed by Org XIII, whilst Twilight Town is more 'natural'.
No, not all nobodies are born in Twilight Town.
I'm sure Xemnas knew exactly where Roxas would be born because of the possible connection with Ventus and therefore, Vanitas.
Seeing as it's most probable that Vanitas is one of the 13 darknesses, he holds part of Xehanort's heart and so does Xemnas. That connection may possibly be it.

One may also ask how Xemnas knew where to find Sora, when he appears to him in Hollow Bastion. That encounter was all apart of Xemnas' plan to create Xion, as initially either Xion, Sora or Roxas were meant to be recruited as one of the 13.
To me it seems like Xemnas can somehow track Sora, even in KH1. Perhaps via a resucant's sigil?

More food for thought, anybody else notice how Xemnas seems to fade into existence before the fight begins, very similar to before the fight with the Mysterious Figure in BBS? Is Xemnas traveling through time also, or perhaps the concept of Dark Corridors hadn't been designed fully at that point?

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Pertaining to Nobodies, it's not really possible to know where they'll end up, in theory. Xemnas just has Xehanort-genius and beat Roxas there. Or maybe that X on Roxas' collar let him know. A couple of people at a panel in a convention I went to (they're my pals) think that the worlds are like a chinese fingertrap, and are in a spectrum of light-twilight-dark, and the twilight is the thinnest. Less places for him to pop up, mayhaps?

@Australian Riku: Well, I don't think it was designed properly yet. I mean, it's plain to see from the portals that Riku and Maleficent use. They just fade into it, they don't walk in like the current ones. But I wouldn't rule out time travel. I just...wouldn't :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
Pertaining to Nobodies, it's not really possible to know where they'll end up, in theory. Xemnas just has Xehanort-genius and beat Roxas there. Or maybe that X on Roxas' collar let him know. A couple of people at a panel in a convention I went to (they're my pals) think that the worlds are like a chinese fingertrap, and are in a spectrum of light-twilight-dark, and the twilight is the thinnest. Less places for him to pop up, mayhaps?

As far as we know right now it is impossible to know where a nobody will pop up, thus why in days we seen them send roxas and xigbar on a scouting mission in search of recruits. However we DO know that all nobodies are born in the realm between, which is where the world Twilight Town happens to reside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back