• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology for Nintendo 3DS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Indeed. Remake and remaster have become buzzwords in recent years.

Ugh, I really don't like Eruca's redesign.

C7jkH_DVAAA016n.jpg

She looks more younger/less mature/generic than her original design. I'm going to miss the old Eruca.

Well, if the limited edition does come to international waters, then I can guarantee you that we too will get the DLC that enables us to change to the older character designs. I guess Eruca has long hair because Nemesis has short hair. I really want to know as to why Eruca had such a drastic re-design, she's changed from unique to generic, somebody should interview the developers of this remake to find the answers to that.

Atlus To Host A Special Program For New Game Announcements On March 26 - Siliconera

There's also going to be an Atlus livestream on Sunday in Japan. A bunch of announcements are going to be made, hopefully we'll get more context of the changes to this game's remake.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Speaking of which:

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology Shows Its New Looks In First Trailer - Siliconera

We got a new trailer, and some minutes of gameplay~

The changes made to this are promising enough for me to definitely invest in this game. Looks like Atlus are sticking with more cost effective titles on the 3DS to accumulate for the high development costs of Persona 5.

And I'm also loving the animation provided by A-1 Pictures. Funnily enough, I sold the DS version of this game right before this 3DS remake got announced. Hopefully, this remake sells to Atlus expectations.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Wow, this is super exciting news. I've been meaning to pick up the DS original for a long time now, but I'll keep my eye on this! This and SMT Strange Journey are two DS titles I missed out on, and Strange Journey also just got a 3DS announcement recently, so I'm pretty hyped!

Scenario

Did we ever get a US release date for this game? This was by far one of my favorite JRPG games to-date, and it had such a unique style to it. I can't wait to play this on my 3DS whenever the time comes.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Did we ever get a US release date for this game? This was by far one of my favorite JRPG games to-date, and it had such a unique style to it. I can't wait to play this on my 3DS whenever the time comes.

Not to my knowledge, but knowing Atlus I'm safely assuming we'll get it, especially considering the translation of the original leaves a lot of the time consuming work already finished on our end.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Sorry, the new art doesn't click with me. It looks so generic compared to the original. Why not just have the original illustrator draw new portraits?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Sorry, the new art doesn't click with me. It looks so generic compared to the original. Why not just have the original illustrator draw new portraits?

Honestly, I suppose they created this remake with the intention of making a potential franchise out of it (considering Atlus' brand power has improved ever since the Sega acquisition). And if this game does become successful, they probably would want to have characters that look more marketable.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Honestly, I suppose they created this remake with the intention of making a potential franchise out of it (considering Atlus' brand power has improved ever since the Sega acquisition). And if this game does become successful, they probably would want to have characters that look more marketable.

I'm all in for a fully 3D, and HD Radiant Historia on the Switch. But I'd rather they'd pull a FINAL FANTASY and make each entry unique, but reutilize lore and stuff. Unless, of course, the new, third timeline offers enough story material for a direct sequel.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology is available for pre-order in the west now via news from Atlus Faithful, whoopeeeeeeee. That and Strange Journey Redux, I'm a happy panda.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology is available for pre-order in the west now via news from Atlus Faithful, whoopeeeeeeee. That and Strange Journey Redux, I'm a happy panda.

They both slated for early 2018~

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Radiant Historia was always game I wanted to try but just never did for some reason. Now with the remake on the way I'm very eager to grab it and play the heck out of it.

Back