• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

RahXephon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviathan

Well, I just finished watching the anime and I can without a doubt say this is one of the best animes I have ever seen. I haven't read the manga yet, but I would like to after seeing the anime. If ever you get bored of Naruto or what not I strongly recommend this....

If you want a bit of a inkling (Did I just use the word inkling!? Oh well.) into it here's a AMV.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LgIaBxmENM0&search=naruto 200

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
(RahXephon is widely considered to have been produced to cash in on Neon Genesis Evangelion's monumental success)

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Even if that is true, it's a good series none the less, ya?

I've been told it's a series in which everything that Evangelion did correctly is recycled, while everything it did wrong was revitalized and made right. Needless to say, that's a serious boast.

Is the series really that good?

~Fenris Etheral

Leviathan

Well I just finished NGE and I was quite impressed. I could see some of the similarites people use to associate Rah with NGE but in a whole they are quite different. It may have been that Bones used Rah to take advantage of the level success that NGE achieved but that still does not mean it isn't a great show.

LordMune said:
EVA doesn't appeal to you. EVA lures you along and then s you over, bad. EVA isn't a cool mecha show, it's the reaction to a lone man's depression, it is his primal scream at everything

that is wrong with the world. Evangelion isn't about alien angels, big robots, or anything else; Evangelion is about a whole generation of neglected children, broken people and destructive relationships.
In my opinion (which could be a bit humbler), it is an exercise in catharsis. You're not supposed to walk away from it thinking "hey, that was cool", or "that was rather interesting"; you're supposed to walk away from it scarred for life.

Here's where the similarities and differences between the two start to become somewhat tangled. NGE and RahXephon are both animes that makes us doubt what we believe in, (don't quite know the words to describe it) instead of just appealing to the visual aspect of Liek OMG tis a big robot destroying other smaller robots. Sw33tness!.

The differences begin in what it is that the animes make us think about. While NGE is about the "the reaction to a lone man's depression, it is his primal scream at everything that is wrong with the world. " (great analysis btw) RahXephon is about truth and all aspects of it. Is truth spoken better than truth hidden? What do we do with the truth after it is told to us? (I'm sorry if these questions do not reflect the true psychological basis behind Rah, feeling somewhat simpletonish tonight) Just to name a few. The relationships between the characters also play a huge role in the unravelling of Rahxephon as almost every character that isn't an extra has some important role (and trust me there are quite a few.)

And to answer your question Fenris: Yes I believe it is a fantastic Anime if your able to get past the initial feeling of big robots fighting and really think about the underlying messages.

Leviathan

Not meaning to be nit-picky but I have absolutely NO idea what that was supposed to mean..... grammar is your friend. OK well maybe I am trying to be nit-picky.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
And to answer your question Fenris: Yes I believe it is a fantastic Anime if your able to get past the initial feeling of big robots fighting and really think about the underlying messages.

A Scanner Darkly as well as A Waking Life are two of my favorite movies, even though I never really saw the appeal of rotoscope. Same goes with mechs, they're bulky, awkward, and ugly, to be honest, why on earth would you choose to watch them brawl over the sophisticated violence of, say, Cowboy Bebop? Admittedly, I really enjoyed some of the earlier fights in Eva due to how nicely they were coreographed (Bardiel vs. Dummy Plug = <3), but the story itself held my intrest far more steadily.

I might as well take up Rah due to the lack of ingaging Japanese material in my life right now (Everything's either stuck in filler mode or complete...;__;), I'll get back to you after I finish it, alright?

~Fenris Etheral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back