• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rank the Superbosses (KHI)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

Rank KH's superbosses on difficulty.

Recently, I started to play KH again. Today, I beat Ice Titan on level 64.

I remember when I first played this game back in 2002, when I had to grind to level 80 to compete with these guys.

Anyone else remember those nostalgic days? (Yours not mine lol)

Difficulty :

Sephiroth
Kurt Zisa
Ice Titan
Phantom

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards
I would say

Kurt Zisa
Xemnas
Sephiroth
Ice Titan
Clayton

Clayton purely because it's an early boss who is both strong and agile. And without the help of Cure. Makes him surprisingly hard, assuming you don't grind massively.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's pretty easy actually, lol:

1. Xemnas
2. Sephiroth
3. Phantom
4. Kurt Zisa
5. Ice Titan

The Ice Titan is actually the "weakest" of the Super Bosses and with Tech Up-Abilities equipped can become one of the best grinding experiences to get to Level 100 pretty fast.

Some guy

Since KH1's superbosses aren't that hard in a normal playthrough, I'd rather rank them at lv1 (1 being the hardest):
1- Sephiroth
2- Xemnas
3- Ice Titan
4- Phantom
5- Kurt Ziza

I'd rather see everyone's ranking of Data XIII, but that belongs to another thread I think ...

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
For me:

1. Xemnas
  2. Sephiroth
  3. Phantom
  4. Ice Titan
  5. Kurt Zisa

I accidentally activated the Kurt Zisa battle unprepared and under-leveled, still managed to beat it. With the right Keyblade and patience, the Ice Titan is easy. Phantom was just plain tedious for me. Sephiroth, I spammed Strike Raid and Elixirs. I placed Xemnas at the top only because I'm not very familiar with his attacks and weaknesses. He can zone into you more quickly than the other bosses.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
1. Phantom (depending on your level; he's cake if you wait until you have all the third-tier spells)
2. Kurt Zisa
3. Sephiroth
4. Xemnas
5. Ice Titan (more repetitive than anything)

Of course, if you wait until you have all the highest spells/lvl. 99, the only one that's still somewhat difficult for me is Sephiroth. Just because you have to act fast (Zisa is the same way, but he loses some of his impact if you're at the max).

Veritas7340

Well, I was speaking relatively lol. When I first played the game back in 2002, all of the superbosses were titanic.

Now, of course it was easier since I am older and more experienced.

I was also talking about beating it on the original KH, not the final mix.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Sadly, the way KH1 buckles once you reach the high levels is discouraging me from doing this list (I'd do others, but here's where I fess up and admit that I haven't beat all the superbosses in later games!). Because I fought Sephiroth and Xemnas at Level 99, and nearly slept through it, I just don't feel like I could possibly rank them. I never fought Sephiroth or Ice Titan back in the day, either. All I can really say is that I find Zisa harder than Phantom.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
1. Sephiroth
2. Xemnas
3. Kurt Zisa & Phantom
4. Ice Titan.

I've fought Kurt Zisa, Phantom and Ice Titan since way back on PS2 so they aren't exactly hard to me on any level. I never could be Sephiroth on original but I can on 1.5 so I put him on top. Xemnas was easier than Sephiroth to me because Xemnas only had one attack that's an issue.

Hovhannes1998

I would have to say

Xemnas
Sephiroth (he has a Latin theme song for heaven's sake)
Kurt Zisa
Phantom
Ice Titan

This is exclusively secret boss rankings for me.

Sdog

Awards
Assuming from max level of 99...

Sephiroth
Xemnas
Phantom
Ice Titan
Kurt Zisa

Ice Titan has always given me a bit more trouble, idk y really...

FEZeldalord12345

I'm going to be fighting all of these guys again soon, so here's my old thoughts, from easiest to hardest.
1.Phantom
2.Xemnas
3.Kurt Zisa
4.Ice Titan
5.Sephiroth

Phantom is the easiest to me because I can take him on at Lv50 just fine. I always go for him right after finishing Hollow Bastion so I don't miss out on any Clock Tower rewards. It takes 20 minutes to beat him, but with Sora on a magic-inclined setup along with Goofy/Peter Pan dealing physical damage, he's not that bad. Just time-consuming.

With Xemnas, he kicked my ass the first time I fought him, but now, he's kind of a pushover. The only time I'm ever in trouble is if he locks up my controls, but other than that, I have no problems during that fight. I'm only ranking him higher than Phantom because when I fight Xemnas I'm usually 30 levels higher than the Phantom, so I feel like that has an impact on my experiences. I know he gave me a hard time during my first playthrough, but I can't remember why.

Kurt Zisa is more of tedious than anything else. He only gets dangerous when he starts using his horizontal and vertical blade attacks which I can dodge alright, but can be a bit tricky. This is the time when I decide to break out Tinker Bell right before he seals off my magic, just in case something goes wrong. That one part can be annoying, and almost killed me at times, but other than that, I don't think he's too bad.

Ice Titan is a little trickier for me. The main reason why I have a hard time even now is because due to Dodge Roll not having nearly as many invincibility frames as the later games, I have a habit of jumping instead of Dodge Rolling order to dodge attacks. Unfortunately, that does not work well with Ice Titan since he drops ice blocks directly above you. I haven't died against this fight since my first playthrough, but until I break that habit this is a fight that continues to annoy me.

Sephiroth is definitely the hardest fight for me. I still don't have his patterns down perfectly, so that's one problem. The main reason why I rank him at No.1 is because of Heartless Angel. He does give a warning when he uses it, and thankfully Sliding Dash in Final Mix makes it much easier to reach him, but there's always that one point where I don't expect him to use it, and he does. Sometimes I manage to get that Elixir in, sometimes I don't.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
From hardest/most annoying to easiest:

Sephiroth
Phantom
Xemnas
Hydros
Kurt Zisa

Xemnas never annoyed me much because of Tinkerbell who constantly healed me. I also think most of his attacks are easily avoidable. Phantom is ranked higher because it's soooo boring and time consuming. And I always fear to not have enough MP for the fight. Hydros is kind of easy if you time your blocking and Kurt Zisa is also okay with Tinkerbell.
But Sephiroth always gets me. o0 I hate when he summons those dark orbs, I just can't deal with them somehow. Of course I'm able to beat him, but it always takes me the most tries.

FEZeldalord12345

Just fought them all again, and this is going to sound weird, but now I rank Ice Titan's difficulty above Sephiroth. When I fought Seph again, I had the vast majority of his moves already figured out. He never hit me once with Heartless Angel, and I was calm throughout the entire fight. Ice Titan? Maybe I just haven't figured him out yet, but there are times where he fires multiple attacks at once and I just cannot react in time. He often launched ice crystals for me to block while dropping orbs from above! I guess in order to get through that without taking a hit I would have to dodge out of there, but there was so much going on I couldn't react to it. So, as weird as it sounds, my new ranking from easiest to hardest is:

Phantom
Xemnas
Kurt Zisa
Sephiroth
Ice Titan

Awards
1. Xemnas - I'm guessing he's the real Unknown? If so, then yes. He's very hard.
2. Phantom - Requiring use of magic severely limits me, and I hate the timing aspect of it.
3. Ice Titan - I'm really bad at hitting his attacks back at him. I can get a few back at him but then I get hit.
4. Sephiroth - I don't find him near as hard as others do. It doesn't take me all that many tries to kill him.
5. Kurt Zisa - He's not too bad, but again, I hate the magic only parts.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
1. Sephiroth takes that top spot. I dunno what it is about him but in kh1 he's a real monster

2. Xemnas. Specifically that one move he has that always messes up your command bar

3. Kurt Zisa. Starts out easy, and then he starts spinning...

4. Phantom. Not really hard, just a pain

5. Ice Titan. Just block and repeat. Cakewalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back