• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Rapture (BBS/Bioshock)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
AN: There WILL be blood, guts, and gore in this fic. You've been warned. This is part 1 of part 1. otherwise it would have been too long.

“Ugh” Aqua groaned. She sat up slowly, feeling wet grass under her hands and smelling the sea. The last thing she remembered was leaving that ship and then someone fired at her... Gantu? She finally opened her blue eyes, and realized just how small the patch of grass she had landed on was. She scrambled up, and felt the grass quickly give way to worn steps. She staggered to her feet, and looked up. She was at a lighthouse. She quickly thanked whatever was watching over her, this lighthouse was the only thing she could see for miles, and she was surrounded by ocean. It was a miracle she didn't drown. A cold wind began to whip at her scarf like belt and thunder rumbled ominously in the distance. Before the rain could hit, she ran into the lighthouse.

Oddly enough, it was apparently still working. As she stepped inside and closed the door, some lights flickered on. Her feet clicked on the floor as she walked forward, eventually her eyes being drawn up to a large bust of a man holding a large red banner reading “There are no gods or kings, only men.” When the first floor had been exhausted, Aqua walked down the steps and found only a brass sphere floating in a circle of water. Curious, she stepped in, but tripped over the door and knocked a lever over. As the lever fell, the door locked and there was no keyhole to be seen.

“Just about to... hold on. There's someone in there.” Aqua looked around for the voice, and discovered it came from a radio. She grabbed one end and began to talk to it.

“Hello? Is anyone there?”

“Well, well, well, we have a new missy coming to rapture.” The voice was male, but heavily distorted. “What's yer name.”

“Aqua.”

“Well, Miss Aqua. You're lucky. We're just about to see if we hacked this. Unless you're related to Andrew Ryan.”

“No... I'm not... Where am I?”

“It's easier to just show you.” This was a new voice, an elegant woman's voice, but one with a commanding air. “Submerge the Bathysphere” Aqua stood still. “It's the lever on the front.” Aqua tentatively did as she was told. Instantly the Bathysphere started to sink. Aqua began to stare of the window and watched as ads for something called “Plasmids” rolled by outside. Then something began to project on the screen.

“I'm Andrew Ryan-”

“Ignore that.” It was the woman again. “That Fascist pig is dead. He never followed his own policies anyway. That's why I created the family.” Even the elegant accent couldn't disguise the bitterness of the voice.

“What ha-” Aqua couldn't finish her question. She was gazing out onto easily the most amazing sight she had ever seen. An entire city, MILES under water, but seemed to be fully functioning.

“You see Rapture, don't you.” It was the woman again. “Yes, our own piece of Paradise. Few rules, no censors, and we could make it whatever we could. Then Adam was discovered and Ryan broke his own rules. I was locked up because he thought I ran a cult. I managed to save my daughter, and now I am trying to save this city. Will you join our family?”

“I'm sorry, but I don't know what you are talking about. Can we talk about this when I arrive?”

“Fair enough. You're close to arriving now.” Indeed, the bathysphere had fit itself into a tube and it ended up bobbing to a stop. Aqua pushed the door open and walked out into... some sort of a dock. A tall blond woman in a white dress and a blue jacket stood there, but everyone around her only looked vaguely human and a good many of them wore masks. The woman walked forward, holding out her hand. “My name is Sofia Lamb.”

“I'm Aqua.” Aqua replied. “I... don't know... What are you doing?”

“Yes, well, Rapture is a bit hard to take in, but I am trying to help the people of Rapture. Ryan wanted a utopia of individuals, I believe that as a group we can overcome it and find utopia not in a place, but in a state of mind. Through ADAM too.” Sofia just stood there. Aqua shifted her weight. “Where are you from?”

“Oh, er, I-” But before Aqua could say anything, some sort of monster humanoid attacked the group. Aqua summoned her keyblade and smacked it upside the head. She moved in to attack again, but one of Lamb's people attacked with a hook attached to her hand, and the new monster's entrails spilled out. Aqua staggered.

“Oh, oh, is..” but before she could form a single sentence something gooey hit the side of her head and turned her vision green.

“Miss Aqua, then, follow me.” Aqua felt herself move without her willing it. The humanoids closed ranks around her and Lamb as her vision and consciousness went in and out. She saw buildings of ruined splendor, corpses littering the street, random fires, and then more of those humanoids. The next time Aqua woke up a bit, she was strapped in a chair as a large slug was being forced down her throat. The next thing she did was faint.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Well, I pretty much gave you my review while beta'ing this fic, but I'll say it again: this is definitely one of my favorites out of your stories, especially your crossovers. I don't know a lot about Bioshock, but I can still follow along with the story. Aqua's in-character, the flow of the story feels similar to the way the world storylines played out in BBS, and I like how Aqua's tendency to just accept people in positions of authority has backfired in this instance. And the atmosphere is downright creepy! I can't wait to beta the rest! (Also, the length is a lot better here.)

ChrisP

This is pretty good! I love KH and Bioshock, the crossover works great so far.

madammina

This is pretty good! I love KH and Bioshock, the crossover works great so far.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

I'm not familiar with Bioshock, but I'm liking this story. And I mean, a lot! I hope to see more of it.

Don't worry, I'll explain all the key terms and structures.

And I've been asked this elsewhere, a splicer attacked Aqua, NOT a Big Daddy.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Mina as a fan of both KH and BioShock....I'm glad it's finally here. How are you gonna do the fights.

madammina

By making them fights. I don't understand the question. If you are asking if there will be Big Daddy and Splicer fights, the answer is yes.

madammina

No. This takes place shortly after Bioshock 1. Sofia Lamb is starting to build her powerbase but isn't there yet.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Ah I see, well having Aqua on her side will aid alot. Hope Ven and Terra get her out before........I don't wanna say.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Okay, I finally got around to reading this, and, I gotta tell you, I am really freaked out by this crossover. The ending was just flat out crazy. So, what is the whole premise of BioShock? I really don't follow the game. Well, even though this is pretty strange, I could actually follow this story; I sometimes like reading freaky stuff. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

madammina

Trust me, it will get VERY freaky. Thank you for reviewing. I'll cover most of the big things in the next chapter. I'll give you a review on your page.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Woah, scary and a gross, but it's good. :D I can't wait till the next chapter.

madammina

I can't either... I have it written but I'm trying to figure out where to cut it off and what to cut anyway... too much description.

D

Deleted member 71005

Oh, unexpected. As a huge fan of both Bioshock and Kingdom Hearts I'm interested in seeing how you meld the two. Great job with the first chapter. Hope too read more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back