• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re: Coded = 5,490 Yen?!?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

celticsfan

Well i did the currency conversion and that's $62.91. Does that price seem high to anyone else, considering BbS will only cost $40? Thoughts?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Games are more expensive in Japan. Days costs $64.90 USD according to Play-Asia.

Jakek9

People buy up games alot faster and more obsessively. Therefore why not raise the prices?
It's just Japan.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Well i did the currency conversion and that's $62.91. Does that price seem high to anyone else, considering BbS will only cost $40? Thoughts?

Prices work differently in different countries. Even if you convert the currency to US dollars, it's still not going to give you a good idea of how much it will cost here.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3

Japan is the richest country in the world. Things there cost a lot more there then they do here but ppl over there got money so its like the equivalent to our price. Err.. yeah.

The value of the Japanese yen is higher then the US dollar.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

LOLWAT.
If that's just the price for a handheld game, i'd hate to see the prices for a console game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Japan is the richest country in the world. Things there cost a lot more there then they do here but ppl over there got money so its like the equivalent to our price. Err.. yeah.

The value of the Japanese yen is higher then the US dollar.

I remember when the yen was cheaper than the dollar. Though that was a short period of time.

k99y77

Awards

games are expensive in japan, dont worry it costs 34.99$ like the rest of the DS games here in the US.

Wheels

UGH don't get me started on game price. You think Japan is bad, look at Australia. We pay almost double what the US pay. A new popular DS game will always be around $60-$70,new console games around $120-140.

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.

where i live we pay $500 dollars for new console games and $350 for ds games.
that's the equivalent of $83 for a console game and $38 FOR DS GAMES.

i order games from amazon though.

Awards

Still kinda stupid if it would be $35, since a BBS is $5 more and its a way bigger game than coded/Re:coded and Days.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Things are more expensive in Japan, especially games. The yen is worth more than the American dollar.

But Re:Coded will still cost between 34-40 dollars here in the US, I would think.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

then 30 it is.......still, with re:coded, i'm thinking if it's actually worth it.

Well, I guess it depends. It has some info crucial to understanding KH3, I would guess, but it's nothing you couldn't look up on here or on Youtube. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'll buy it myself.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Still kinda stupid if it would be $35, since a BBS is $5 more and its a way bigger game than coded/Re:coded and Days.

They don't base prices off of the importance of each game, they base the prices off of what platform they're on. If it's a console game, it'd be about $50-60. If it's a handheld, no matter what it is, it'd be about $30 to $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back