• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re:Coded worth getting?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Re:Coded worth getting?

I'm assuming spoilers are no longer in effect.

Yes I know this question has probably been asked to death, but I can't decide!

I know that the game is sort of unnecessary. Normura didn't need to make an entire game just to let us know that Sora and Riku were going to the Mark of Mastery. And well, the game is just another retread through worlds we've already been through.

On the other hand, I remember Nomura saying Re:Coded was essential to the plot and not a side game at all. Although the game is a retread, I feel like it would be fun going back to worlds that haven't been explorable since KHI like Destiny Islands or Twilight Town.

And well, I can never have enough Kingdom Hearts. :p

State

Awards
Re: Coded worth getting?

If you bought, and played Days, there isn't a reason why you shouldn't buy, and play Re: coded (unless you're legally blind, bankrupt, etc.).

StVen

I will make this simple as possible. Yes, I would recommend. :D I have two copies actually. o.o

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I personally recommend it whole-heartedly.
For starters, I do think it's necessary. Even though we know of Sora and most likely Riku's connection to everyone on the grand "to-save" list, the characters in the games needed to be informed. The message in the journal is them finding out from the only source they had, thus bringing the Disney Castle gang up to speed, and thus, through proxy, the real Sora and Riku in Mickey's letter from the end of KHII.
Then there's the issue where - to play it safe still - Sora needed to learn what a torment is and how to face it. If D-Sora and D-Riku are to Sora and Riku anything remotely like what the virtual HPO were to the real things, at least some of it got to the real deals, making it not completely worthless.

Then there's the fanservicey aspect. I personally found the game to be brilliant, recreating the best of both KH and CoM writing wise. I missed Sora dearly so getting to play as a as-close-as-can-get version of him was quite a thrill. Then of course there's the numerous interaction threads, which outside of the novels and such seemingly out-of-the-way games such as Re:Coded, have no place inside the actual game-series. So that too is another wonderful bonus, for many relationships we needed to see more of on-screen (the obvious Sora-Riku bromance without the excessive weight of "OMFG DARKNESS" was noticeably enjoyable).

So I definitely recommend it.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I'm hesitating to get it to, mostly because since I thought coded wasn't gonna get released in the U.S. I looked up the story online.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

I beat it already and I have to say its about as good as KH1 maybe a little bit better imo tons of abilities to play around with, the only thing I didn't like about it was the stupid level up system where you put these blocks of strengths, hp, defence increase on this board. Its actually gets harder the farther you go into the game, so if you like a challenge get this game.

flurryflames

This is my opinon. I did not like the game if anything you should just borrow it from a friend and see if you like it or not. I am being very careful with buying games. I do not like the digital part of it, there should of been more into it.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

i recommend for the story, but the gameplay was lacking a little.

That is so switched around for me. The story is a pretty bad cliche, the gameplay was the best thing in the game.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

For those who have beaten it, how difficult is Critical? I think I'm for the challenge seeing as Proud Mode in BBS was extremely easy.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I didn't find Critical to be all that difficult, given that you prepare before going into the rougher fights. Though a certain part in the game is a pain due to Heartless that damage you on contact, but I think that might be painful on all difficulties x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back