• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re:CoM looks worse on PS4 than it did on PS3!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Re:CoM looks worse on PS4 than it did on PS3!

I know that Re:CoM isn't a true remaster, just an upscale, but couldn't they just add some anti-aliasing?? It's cringeworthy to look at this game. I really don't understand why for when it released on PS3, they couldn't properly remaster it. Clearly it was rushed and all they wanted to do was focus on KHFM and just add some new cards and character models for the gameplay segments and not actually go in and work on everything. If they could've done that for BBS, they could've done that for this game. I get that the cutscenes were prerendered, but they obviously have the original data and they could've at least smoothed it out for christ's sake. It was hard enough to look at on PS3 and now that its in true 1080p and 4K, it's just atrocious to look at.

RANT OVER.

Infamita

Re: CoM looks worse on PS4 than it did on PS3!

I know that Re:CoM isn't a true remaster, just an upscale, but couldn't they just add some anti-aliasing?? It's cringeworthy to look at this game. I really don't understand why for when it released on PS3, they couldn't properly remaster it. Clearly it was rushed and all they wanted to do was focus on KHFM and just add some new cards and character models for the gameplay segments and not actually go in and work on everything. If they could've done that for BBS, they could've done that for this game. I get that the cutscenes were prerendered, but they obviously have the original data and they could've at least smoothed it out for christ's sake. It was hard enough to look at on PS3 and now that its in true 1080p and 4K, it's just atrocious to look at.

RANT OVER.

Does it really look that bad? I don't have 1.5+2.5 on PS4 yet so I wouldn't know. Do you have any footage comparing the PS3-PS4 versions of re:COM. I'm still not sure whether it's worth buying, and if it's as bad as you say it is, I might not bother.

Awards

Does it really look that bad? I don't have 1.5+2.5 on PS4 yet so I wouldn't know. Do you have any footage comparing the PS3-PS4 versions of re:COM. I'm still not sure whether it's worth buying, and if it's as bad as you say it is, I might not bother.

Well in my opinion it looks bad. The others look great though. It's because the cutscenes are just upscaled PS2 graphics, they aren't true high definition. If you played 1.5 on the PS3 and notices the jagged edges and blurry textures, then it's just more noticeable on the PS4 version.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

You don't mind showing examples of this with YouTube footage? cause I personally don't see the issue.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Honestly, I'm not surprised. We all knew Re:CoM would be the least changed for PS3 and PS4 (ironically enough, it suffers no glitches like KH1 and KH2 do on the PS4, apparently), so it's no surprise that what already looked meh on PS3 would look worse on PS4. I haven't picked up this collection yet, and my friend who has been streaming it just finished KH1 so I haven't seen the footage of Re:CoM yet, but again, no surprise.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I think I'm just gonna hold out for the inevitable Complete Xehanort Saga Collection that will surely come after KH3 and feature all of the upcoming patches and bug fixes on disc.

How on earth does Square Enix manage to mess up a PS4 port of a PS3 compilation consisting mostly of PS2 games this bad? I really hope FFXII HD will be perfect at launch, but... with Square Enix's newfound love for the awful "we can always patch it later!" mantra makes me worry.

Lonbilly

Awards

I think I'm just gonna hold out for the inevitable Complete Xehanort Saga Collection that will surely come after KH3 and feature all of the upcoming patches and bug fixes on disc.

How on earth does Square Enix manage to mess up a PS4 port of a PS3 compilation consisting mostly of PS2 games this bad? I really hope FFXII HD will be perfect at launch, but... with Square Enix's newfound love for the awful "we can always patch it later!" mantra makes me worry.

Oh god, I'd hope XII is ready at launch. I can understand certain games getting patches, but a Remaster shouldn't have to have patches - it should be ready to go at launch.

I can sorta give KH a pass if only because I know they have all hands on deck for KH3 (though that doesn't excuse the ports being bad/meh), but I know they have enough people to make sure FFXIIHD is perfect on arrival.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Oh well, nothing will beat the adorable pixel graphics of the original for me anyway so I don't mind much.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Oh well, nothing will beat the adorable pixel graphics of the original for me anyway so I don't mind much.

Except that the original Chain of Memories is virtually unplayable because of how rare it is and its format, so we have to be content with Re: Chain of Memories.

Lonbilly

Awards

qP1mEdNmgwEP6.gif

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I just said that it's unplayable because of its format, I never said it was bad. Sheesh.

Maybe you do, I'm living in bliss playing the original on my Nintendo DS :D

I use a New Nintendo 3DS to play my DS games so I can't do that unfortunately, and besides, the game is so expensive to obtain legally!

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards

I use a New Nintendo 3DS to play my DS games so I can't do that unfortunately, and besides, the game is so expensive to obtain legally!
A Used version costs what? 20 bucks at my local game shop? That's not expensive. Especially compared to the 60 bucks PS4 games.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

A Used version costs what? 20 bucks at my local game shop? That's not expensive. Especially compared to the 60 bucks PS4 games.

~$23 from Amazon. Just don't be this guy

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

I just said that it's unplayable because of its format, I never said it was bad. Sheesh.

7f3c386fc0.png

GameStop isn't illegal.

Hakan Xatos

Awards

Ah I love my original KH CoM! If I ever had one of those "wish I could experience this again" moments it would probably be when I finished Sora's story and saw the Reverse/Rebirth title screen. Good times!

Also I haven't played the PS4 version of Re:CoM yet, but something about that game (remake or original) that I just like. Jagged edges or not.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

7f3c386fc0.png

GameStop isn't illegal.

I don't reside in the United States so GameStop is an immediate no for me because they don't do international shipping. And besides, I have no Gameboy Advance or Nintendo DS to play the game with.

Last edited:

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards

I don't reside in the United States so GameStop is an immediate no for me because they don't do international shipping. And besides, I have no Gameboy Advance or Nintendo DS to play the game with.
I'm sure I could find a UK version. There is a UK Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...ngdom+hearts+chain,aps,145&crid=1X5O69HGJ9UF6
jyCOPXE.png

There 16 pounds.

But if you don't have a Gameboy and/or DS to begin with, why even mention it's too expensive. *cough* Gameboy Advance 30 pounds *cough*

Alright, to some 46 pounds can be alot of money. But comparing to how much we usually pay for our new PS4 games, I think it's a accpetable price.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

That's all the original version has got going for it though. Really lovely spritework. Unfortunately, the game doesn't play very well in this style at all.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

That's all the original version has got going for it though. Really lovely spritework. Unfortunately, the game doesn't play very well in this style at all.

Opinions! I prefer the gameplay in the original version and feel that the card system works much better as a sidescroller type of combat than the 3D mess of Re:CoM. Part of it is possibly because of the camera being really bad, but it is what it is and I personally like the original more, even though I'm not a fan of that gameplay either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back