• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re:mind boss fights.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

PStuder12321

Ok for real.. these fights are horrible... its just the enemy spamming like braindead targets almost all the powers are undodgeable and it doesnt matter if you block cause as I said they just spam endlessly.. how do you even defeat these boss battles? any game play tactics anyone got, cause these things gonna make me rage hardcore they are so bad. I thought the CC spam was bad...

AegisXIII

Awards
They are made so that you have to learn how to block their attacks to get an opening. Then, the damages you deal will be greater. Although you need to be level 100. Otherwise they will wipe the floor with your dead body. They are perfectly balanced and fair, but need a lot of practise.
Also they are designed so that you have to use the new abilities otherwise you are screwed.
The simplest one for me was larxene or terranort. But it depends for everyone. Definitely not xemnas.

NoWay

Awards
Actually, you don’t need to be on Level 100. If you learn their patterns, then you should be able to defeat them. I’ve also beaten some
Data Org members on Level 60/70 or something. :)

PStuder12321

They are made so that you have to learn how to block their attacks to get an opening. Then, the damages you deal will be greater. Although you need to be level 100. Otherwise they will wipe the floor with your dead body. They are perfectly balanced and fair, but need a lot of practise.
Also they are designed so that you have to use the new abilities otherwise you are screwed.
The simplest one for me was larxene or terranort. But it depends for everyone. Definitely not xemnas.

Actually, you don’t need to be on Level 100. If you learn their patterns, then you should be able to defeat them. I’ve also beaten some
Data Org members on Level 60/70 or something. :)

So in other words... me going in at I tihnk Im...level...41? 43? ... might be why its so insanely hard for me huh? lololol I haven't had any issues in a fight until now! xD

okhi12

Awards
I would recommend you to complete the synthesis list before attempting the data battles. That way you will have much better equipment and you will level up a lot while getting the materials. If you still struggle reach level 99 and/or synthesize those items that raise your strenght and defense.
But you have to learn their patterns, know when to block and when to dodge. If you don't get decently good at that they will deplete your HP in no time even with maxed defense. Specially Xion and Master Xehanort.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I found the limit cut fights to be insanely well designed. Frustrating at times, of course, but they are designed to keep you on your toes and they try to prevent you from just repeating one strategy ad nausea until you win.

For example, Saix has very few instances where blocking works (many attacks simply cannot be) and dodging is just...better. You can straight up air slide right through his claymores. Oppositely, fighting Xigbar you may find guarding to be far easier than dodging all the projectiles. Marluxia has quite a few attacks that I found easier to use magic to get around (wind magic, specifically, to scatter his petals) and he has a few attacks where he purposefully will psyche you out into blocking too early. If you don't fall for it and learn the timing you can guard it/dodge it.

The fights get far easier when you can anticipate their attacks and interrupt them to create your own openings rather than reacting to what they do. For example with Terranort I was getting so frustrated trying to find an opening and wait for him to stop attacking until I realized he kinda...doesn't, really. I needed to break his guard at the right times to MAKE one. It's all just a matter of trial and error until you find the technique that works well (or at least that is what I did). These fights aren't so much about winning as they are about taking advantage of the battle system to its fullest and learning how the fight works. Once you can do that, then you will eventually have a good run and succeed.

These aren't designed like the story bosses at all--they are their own beast.

If you are still really struggling after doing what some of the above posters suggested about your level and gear, you can always check on youtube and watch a video of someone doing a no damage run (i'm sure every fight has one by now). These sorts of videos maybe could help you if there is one or two attacks in particular you can't figure out the timing on.

NoWay

Awards
So in other words... me going in at I tihnk Im...level...41? 43? ... might be why its so insanely hard for me huh? lololol I haven't had any issues in a fight until now! xD
No, actually not because there are people out there no damaging them on Level 1. For “normal players” like me abilities like Leaf Bracer or Second Chance are essential to survive these fights. The good thing is, these fights are not about being Lv 100 equipped with the best Keyblades, but about your own skill and learning their patterns. It doesn’t matter if you are on Lv 100 equipped with Ultima.. If you don’t learn their patterns, they won’t let you attack them so easily. :)

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Like the ones above me said, it's about learning their openings, when to counter them, when to dodge and block. Some moves can't be guarded so you'll have to move, some moves can be guarded and thus you can counter them. What abilities you have on also determines how tough they are too.

Simply being at level 99 is not enough to win. If you spam x or guard spam without proper timing these bosses all punish you for it no matter what level you are. Buffing out your stats like defense can help but you still have to learn the fights. I struggled on my Proud mode file so what I did was fought them in my Beginner mode and learned their patterns there as it was slightly easier to live long enough, then I went back to my Proud mode file and was able to clear them all.

The bosses are frustrating when you can't learn them but once you have them down they won't seem nearly as scary. Terranort took me weeks to beat because I was a X button spammer, these bosses got me out of that habit and now I learned when to time attacks and to avoid counterattacks.

These bosses are tough but remember it's just a game, and if you really want there are EZ codes if you wanna progress with story. Keep at it and you'll be able to beat all of them. Once you do it'll be a great feeling. There are also Youtube guides that can help. They recently helped me finally win one of Luxord's DM games. Good luck.

AR829038

Awards
Ok for real.. these fights are horrible... its just the enemy spamming like braindead targets almost all the powers are undodgeable and it doesnt matter if you block cause as I said they just spam endlessly.. how do you even defeat these boss battles? any game play tactics anyone got, cause these things gonna make me rage hardcore they are so bad. I thought the CC spam was bad...
The Limit Cut fights are designed so that if you try to attack them when they're not actually open, their defense will be astronomically high, and you won't be able to do significant damage. The key to ALL of these fights is finding the openings, and some fights have more obvious openings than others. For some, you'll be able to easily tell when a boss is open when they've just finished an attack and pause for a brief second. For others, you might have to get more creative. You might have to evade an attack, even if it's blockable, in order to get an opening, otherwise their guard will remain up. Or, you might have to actually parry them in the middle of a certain attack. And with others, you may need to block and then retaliate in order to get the opening you need. Some of the fights are extremely difficult. Dark Riku and Saïx are perhaps the worst, because not only are they manic and give you no time to process what's going on onscreen, but their openings are also extraordinarily difficult to see, and the windows for getting those openings are EXTREMELY short.
The best advice I can offer is to go on YouTube and study some of the videos put out by experts like WillJV2 and Bio-Roxas. You'll be able to see all the different openings they have and how to take advantage of them, but even then, these fights require a LOT of patience and good reflexes. It's really unfortunate that they are mandatory for getting through the story, because I think the vast majority of players are going to be in the same boat as you are.

PStuder12321

got it. I'll tackle it again, I was blocking and dodging a lot but perhaps rushign a bit to much. thanks for advice. I'll tackle it again with a clearer mind this time :D

Back