• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Re:Write an iconic media moment with KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
You ever see or read something and wonder how that would play out if it occurred in Kingdom Hearts instead? The other day I was rewatching Revenge of the Sith and I couldn't help but imagine seeing Riku and Maleficent in that iconic opera scene. I took it upon myself to translate that scene to make sense within the context of Kingdom Hearts.

Scene setting/Scenario: Hollow Bastion, hallway leading to the castle chapel. A devious Maleficent walks with an impressionable Riku, feeling betrayed by Sora's abandonment. Their steps sounding throughout the empty hall, Maleficent speaks:

Maleficent: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Ansem the Wise?

Riku furrows his brows, confused by the sudden question.

Riku: No.

Maleficent: (smiling) I thought not. Its not a story you'd know. Its a recent one. Ansem the Wise was the Lord of Radiant Garden, so powerful and so wise he could use the darkness to influence hearts to create Heartless...He had such a knowledge of the darkness that he could even keep the ones he cared about from losing their hearts.

Riku taken by surprise, stops. His gaze fixed on Maleficent's back.

Riku: He could actually save people from losing their hearts?

Maleficent's grin widens, she has his attention. Slowly with majesty, she turns to face him.

Maleficent: The darkness is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be impossible.

Riku: What happened to him?

Maleficent holds, eyes fixed on her staff. She focuses on the swirling green magic within the staff's orb.

Maleficent: He became so powerful...The only thing he was afraid of was losing his power. which eventually, of course, he did.

Maleficent recalls the reports she found and the history of this world.

Maleficent: (faintly smiling) Unfortunately, he taught his apprentices everything he knew, then his apprentices banished him. (laughs) Ansem never saw it coming. Its ironic, he could save others from darkness but not himself.

Riku approaches her. The boy's eyes are filled with curiosity and resolve.

Riku: Is it possible to learn this power?

Maleficent's gaze moves from her staff's to meet his. She holds, thinking. Her eyes narrow with conviction.

Maleficent: Not from a keybearer.

I'm curious of what other iconic moments could be made with KH characters. Which movie/TV/book moment would you rewrite?

Back