• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

reason behind the hype for KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Wing

Awards
So correct me if I'm wrong (i am going back a few years here so my memory's a lil fuzzy) but as far as i can remember the whole hype behind KH3 started with the BBS teaser at the end of KHIIFM+

I'm pretty sure at the time everyone thought they were seeing a preview of a possible KH3, alas what we got from that in the end was not KH3 but a "side" game by the same name as the teaser (i know Nomura said it has as much of a influence as a numbered title but for the sake of this post i'm referring to it as a side game)

now it seems, even tho we got the game everyone thought was a KH3 at the time, a trend in the KH community has started demanding a game that we essentially know next to nothing about, other than it will end this "saga", and has next to nothing to do with what started this uproar for a 3rd kingdom hearts in the first place.

in my opinion that seems kind of silly to me, as i've read many comments from various user commenting that they don't care about any of these side games and only want to 'play KH3, finish the saga and be done of KH forever,' when it seems to me that the thing that is mostly responsible for this trend of thinking resulted in a side game and not KH3

anyways i was just thinking about this and thought i'd share my thoughts on the matter.

what do you think initiated this uproar for KH3?

(for those of you that may wish to tear apart at my opinion, please do so respectfully :)

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
In my opinion, I think it was the fact that Versus 13 is being developed by the people who develop the main KH games. They are taking a ridiculously long time with that, and most KH fans know when it's done KH3 will start development. I also think it's the fact that out of the three side games that have released, Birth by Sleep is the only one worth noticing. I'm pretty sure most fans wouldn't mind so much if Re:coded wasn't pointless filler with a 2 minute video that was the only thing that mattered from the whole game, or if Days had more of an impact over the overarching story then it did, and wasn't ridiculously boring.

thedairyfairy

The fact that people want the storyline to continue with sora, and the fact that they want a game on a console, is really what I think is fueling the whole hype that is KH3. Really, at this point, nothings moved forward storywise, only background has been given. However, I do believe that BBS will make the kh3 that much better, seeing as (almost) everything has already been set up so we can have an epic story in kh3.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
It's been a little over 5 years since KH2 was released. For some that might be 2-3 years too many to be waiting for the next "main game" especially for those that don't even bother with the side games. I was a little dissapointed at first when I found out that the BBS previews were not for KH3, but a "side game" (even though it was an important one/KH0). So you could say that part of it is because of people being impatient, or wanting a ending/resolution to a series that started in 2002. Since KH3 has been called the end of Xehanot "Saga" it could be seen as a way out of the series for those fans that complain about the side games, or how much time there is between games.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Yeah, I'm sure hype for it began after the premonition (Sora, Riku, and Kairi receiving a letter from Mickey). Nomura did say that the Secret Ending of KH2 was the basis for a new game part of a new series. I know a lot assumed after the new series (BBS, Days, and Coded), KH3 would be worked upon (assuming they needed more groundwork before they could move forward). Can't really say a lot weren't at least a little more than peeved at the fact that Versus 13's development is still up in the air (considering it's an excuse for not working on KH3).

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I agree, most people want to know what was on the letter as well as me.
But yeah, people do want it to go on with Sora so they can see what happens to Xehanort.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
But yeah, people do want it to go on with Sora so they can see what happens to Xehanort.

The contents of the letter were revealed in Coded.

Over all, I'd say that the purposes of the side-games were to keep up busy while waiting for KH3 and to make a few extra bucks at the same time.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
i think KH3 should only start being anticipated fully when the confirmation and platform are made public,
i also feel that the hype came from KH2 secret movie

i think after DDD, since that's leading into KH3, is when we should start suspecting things.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
RE: Coded tells you. I think the hype comes from the fact that many KH fans think it will be the last game of the series so it must "TA FUCKIN BEST!!" that and the fact that it will be the KH game on an HD console and there eager to see what that will look like and who can blame them this generation of games are looking nice I'm sure many want to see how KH3 looks on the PS3.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Honestly, I've been understanding why S-E has been waiting to work on KH3 for a long time now, but I'm beginning to think they should just let the Osaka team begin working on KH3 once they complete KH3D, instead of just waiting for another few years for the main team to finish FFVXIII. The Osaka team has proven themselves quite wonderfully with their work on BBS (and didn't they also do RE:coded?) and would probably get KH3 completely finished and ready quicker than the main team would.

just my two cents~

WaveK89

In all honesty, I really hope Nomura has all the conception stages finished as much as possible by now. It should make it easier to transition into development easier once Versus is all said and done.

In any case, it's been over 4 years which is about the time taken for KH2, so people have been expecting it much more now having been about 5 years.

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
We're not going to see KH3 anytime soon. We still don't know when Versus is going to come out and after that they have to start work on the game proper and it will take even longer.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Or at least they could have the osaka team start it and then the main team can "have at it" and fix what they want and then finish the game after they are done with versus xiii

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
All the hype pretty much stemmed from BBS' trailer... and it all spiraled from there.

Bobjam

Awards
VIII Versus is going to be very telling of the sort of game we are likely to see in KH3, and personally I believe its always been different when a main game (KH, KH2) as yet to be released...I mean damn I remember back to 2004 when the hype for KH2 was really kicking off big time and thats even when Nomura was trying to satisfy us with CoM on gameboy colour

noheartx

Kingdom Hearts 3 is just highly anticipated. The fact that it had a number in it makes people think that its more important than other games, and that it will be better. Plus, it's also goign to be the game with the final confrontation in this saga, so that just adds to it. Also, the fact that its going to be on a console is big, considering we havent had a console game since Re: CoM.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Is it my imagination, or did Nomura say in an interview that KH3 wasn't coming until 2015, at the earliest? That means, I will be legally an adult when that shit comes out. Although I didn't REALLY join the KH community until roughly 2007, from what I gather, hype began at the secret ending of of KH2, and exploded at the secret ending of KH2FM+. Then, we got the triple whammey (Days/coded/BbS), which kind of tided people over, I suppose. Once BbS came out, it was the closest thing we had to a hypothetical KH3: new characters, new gameplay, etc. But, once that secret ending came out, with all the Reconnect shit, people began to lose their minds. Then, 3D was announced, and Re:coded got its secret ending. Basically it's probaly going to be KH3D, then BbS2 (unless there's some other abbreviation for Birth by Sleep: Volume 2 I'm unaware of), unless that ties in with 3D. Then, KH3 will be announced, take a few years to develop, seeing as Nomura HAS had all this time to develop concepts and whatnot, and there really is no excuse for it. KH3 will come out, it won't live up to ten years of hype, but, won't be that bad either. Then, Kingdom Hearts 4.3857 will come out with some shit explanation to the title, we will get a new antagonist, and this will go on in 15-year cycles.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Honestly, I've been understanding why S-E has been waiting to work on KH3 for a long time now, but I'm beginning to think they should just let the Osaka team begin working on KH3 once they complete KH3D, instead of just waiting for another few years for the main team to finish FFVXIII. The Osaka team has proven themselves quite wonderfully with their work on BBS (and didn't they also do RE:coded?) and would probably get KH3 completely finished and ready quicker than the main team would.

just my two cents~
I wouldn't want that to be honest the Osaka team is great when it comes to handhelds but I would honestly take a team who is already experienced with the PS3 hardware and the CT engine (which SE will undoubtedly use for KH3) and that's where Versus's team comes in they've had years to work on that hardware and are already experienced with it so if you want KH3 to come out quickly that's the team to go with.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Uh, because this is the first numbered KH game in years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back