• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reborn in life

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel
(Go back to Valyon's final battle, and you will see the thought process and how what I'm about to do is not being pulled out of thin air.)

Observing the method used to escape the beam, Gabriel was impressed that he was capable of performing in such a manner that his potential was used quite effectively. His escape from the Lumine cube was also a work of genius using essence that worked to eliminate the bonds which solidified it from the start. Already, the boy was proving himself to be a Potential worthy of the title. Healing the physical damage that had been inflicted upon him drained more of his reserves. The boy was almost beaten at this point.

His face uncovered nothing for his adversary to use against him, and his form remained relaxed as he observed the child. The brightness that had actualized when he released the chains that blocked the full capacity of his Light once more enveloped him before vanishing, and Gabriel as he was when the duel began was in place. Only the cloak he had wore was removed from his presence revealing a similar armor to what he had worn when using Lumine. Heterochromatic orbs remained unwavering as the boy began jis desperation maneuver.

Direct manipulation of the fabrics that seperated the light and darkness that assisted in maintaining balance was manipulated, those forces colliding too soon causing complete oblivion to all that it touched. Gabriel stared for a moment before sending a message through the direct connection established by the child...

Truly disappointing of you to even attempt this.

With that, both chains were released just as Crippen attempted to fold Oblivion over the both of them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nature of the fold eradicated any being that enterted within its confines, forever looped in abysmal agony unknowing of what was taking place. That was the intention of the child: to permanently loop the both of them as the Ouroboros would consumed itself. Instead, the boy would become aware that he was somewhere else entirely. Instead of the constant destruction of his being, he found himself within ashen reality. Nothing but grey could be seen all around him; no color existed within this realm. As his surprise would likely dissipate, a mind echoed within his own.

Aware now yes?

It was the voice of the Marshall, but yet also his own. Both voices echoed within as one.

You are wondering what has taken place correct? Allow me to show you: raise your left arm and strike your face multiple times.

His body would immediately obey that order as his arm initiated the punishment. He could not control what was taking place no matter how much he attempted to end the humiliation.

I have taken control of this loop and all that reside within it. Do you remember the last action I took before being overwhelmed by this sacrificial attempt?

His mind would be forced to relive the chains being released. The light and darkness unleashed weaving together to form a new aura. As the clashing forces would collide with this aura, it would suddenly copy...no resonate with the new signature and act as it did. This, along with a sudden, well-timed surge through the foolishly established connection would overwhelm his defenses from behind.

You fell into a similar trap as you did with the wolves. No, I did not send them; you are to blame for your misfortune. End the hitting.

His shell obeyed without hesitation letting it return to its original position. Kid Dar's face cracked a wan smile which reflected the Marshall.

I had almost forgotten. I hearby apply on you Asimov's Law from this point forward ignoring past transgressions and modified to be based around myself.

With that in place, he continued the explaination.

Asimov's Law can be simply defined as thus: 'You cannot bring harm to me as long I do not harm you'. I believe you may realize the importance of wording by now yes? Your abilities from all of your sources are also unusable. So do not attempt it

Silence reigned for what seemed an eternity before Gabriel continued.

Eternity...Infinity...Omniscity.

Those words were more spoken in a mumble to himself.

This loop remains in place because I will it so: it is as a part of me as my own soul, attempting to escape will require force, and force would be an attempt to harm me as my will is one with me. Your knowledge of Orsa I have found quite useful. I thank you for you cooperation.

Light and Darkness go hand in hand as do life and death. Cycles are the heart and soul of this concept.

Power is a burden to many, but it is those who do not seek it to be the most deserving of such rewards. Now sleep until I desire you awake. You shall be restored to your original status and feel the most rested you have even been when you awaken. Dream and answer this: Why do you fight?

Kid Dar would be incapable of disobedience and fell into slumber.

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
This was it, the tugging of the strings as Gabriel was aloft in a morbid scene. It wasn't enough to render them both into nothing, no, it had to continue. With something of a royal tendency, will was met with will. Tampered with, but the confides of which would only end badly.

It was as though he was truly stuck for a change. The humiliation of resolving his fist into his own face connected to what was the extended will of Gabriel himself. This was something that would be dangerous to The Marshall if he bothered to realize. Without force, flux, or any output the boy was deemed another lifeless puppet that followed his master's command.

Speech and thought were erased from the Marshal's immediate awareness, given he wouldn't have allowed this in the slightest. His consciousness absolved and retreated to the core of the sub-world below he stored within himself. Something of a perspective as his mind and body fell into a state of dormant sleep this state of himself was wide awake. Inside, yet departed from outside.

End of the line.

Through him, did they all gather. Meeting halfway between every possible outlet one could fathom. That question that rang through his head, Why do you fight? as though the Marshall's words echoed even still. He looked upon those to whom he was connected to from different places no matter the distance.

His body animated. Nothing was exerted, but exhibiting impeding waves that weren't of hostile nature similar to crushing the cube from before. The ties, chains, and bonds crumbling in utterance of one.

"Essence Inert."

Gabriel resolved, his eyes beginning to glint as though his consciousness returned from the center. In truth, from where all things meet he requested the lashing out from outside. Leaving the center of the boy, inert force or therein lack of was used to collapse the space he'd then created only remodeled by the Marshall. So upon entering, through him, they were detached then attached only to carry out its intention.

He was on his knees now. The perpetuation of all he could establish was but one answer. He knew why, what the difference was. And fighting for this sake, or cause, all were unjust when you couldn't fill in the blanks. Gabriel's meek and tired frame, would by some miracle manage to stand one last time before he effectively dropped. His dignity was of some value, but honor even before that.

"I fight...to keep the hopes and dreams of the worlds...and places i've visited alive...to keep the promises i've made intact...and to ensure a balance, as to balance chaos...such is why I was named...Gabriel...I ask but one last thing. Will you show me the way..?"

There was little time he had left, but he stumbled and just about hit the brink of collapse. He fell on both of his hands, before finally just hitting the floor. Out cold.

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel
Within his own thoughts, the Marshall smiled faintly. While he had hold of the child, it was not absolute. Complete control would be lack without the rest of his equipment in place.

Youth had retreated from his physical form. It would have been unnoticable if not for the fluid connection that the boy still had to his construction. Interest peaked again as the Marshall awaited with 'bated' breath what the youngling had decided to. That did not mean he could not guess at it; a ki-user was completely capable of escaping within themselves to reach their 'centre.' Basic trait to even use the energy successfully. Only two thing could be done with this action, and the first option was not even viable with the personality of the Potential. Likely, the capacity of that ability would have been in use already if it could be performed.

Sudden tingling sensations at the fringe of his awareness confirmed that he was reaching for the extra power needed to restore his rule over the shell his spirit inhabited. While he knew he could still defeat the boy, this was unstoppable with what was on hand except for the essence sphere, but it had been returned to its rest. Any other battle and he would have allowed the attack to harm him. His entire being had been devoured from within by a god from within and exiled to the depths of Hell. A large burst of energy would do minor damage to his psyche, but the outer loop would have been maintained. Honor taught to the child from birth would not allow this ultimate humiliation, this complete failure, to be forgiven.

Flexibility was an asset that would be used once more in a simple manner; Gabriel returned to his original state after his final words.

Before doing so, he distorted the feeling of time within the chamber, unnoticable by its prisoner, that would actually make him slower while he believed it was at normal pace. The loop began to shatter without the Marshall's will to maintain it. Kid Dar's Essence Invert would destroy it before that fact would become obvious. As the child attempted to maintain his honor quite valiantly, Gabriel heard and felt all of the radiating emotion which tinged his words and signature. The inevitable occurred and Gabriel fell unconcious, the order and exhaustion overtaking him. Soft steps echoed on the now peaceful battlefield after one more sentence was spoken:

Perhaps I will.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chirping would awaken the boy eventually as light shined across his face from a window. When it awoke him, he would notice that he laid in comfortable beddings. Satin sheets covered his physical shell as if they had been cared for and cleaned recently, the smell entering his nostrils as if it were so. His room was rather plain with a desk and a bookshelf in place. A wide open door brought smells of food flowing within.

Silence came to an abrupt end as the energy ball sped into the room and halted right in front of the child's face. Pahs of delight followed by much bouncing off the walls showed the pure joy radiating at the prospect of complete awakening.

Pah?

A voice in the hallway with an epicene tone echoed through the outside hall. Unreadable steps were undetectable if one could not even hear them. Her walk was not heavy as is the norm, but more of the step of one who has lived without shoes most of their lives.

There you are little one. What has got you...oh.

Her words trailed off as she saw him awake. Long, golden tresses flowed down past her shoulders reaching just beyond. Her figure spoke perfection for shallow man with the right balance throughout her entire form. Familiar azure pigmentation dictated her eye color and matched her fair face. Dressing in similar design to the schoolgirls of Japan, with the minor differences being the plainness of the clothing, her stance would be unfamiliar to him. Without shoes, she was at her true height of 5'4".

You're awake.

Wariness dripped from her tongue like venom.

(Character development for you now.)

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
One could only recall the passing of away and released from life, graced with a sleep. A sleep Gabriel thought for one split instant would become permanent bliss. In his what seemed like a futile attempt from the beginning to resolve and dissolve the weaving left in place by The Grand Marshall. He moved, surprisingly still alive, regaining all sensation which was also a shock. Greeted by the comfort of sheets and a cover. The scent of a hefty aroma traveled through the air, he was already in immediate admiration without even the resolve to open his eyes up.

The warmth of a distant 'pah' possessed him to wince, steadily hastening the opening of his eyes. To his unwary state, he was greeted by the voice of a female. Leaning forward, the showing of 'wear and tear' when it came to his body showed. He blank once, then twice, feeling as though...he should've met his end to a distinctly and well established opponent. A daze, he met something of a moment of opaque nostalgia.

His consciousness retreated again for a moment. The echoing of a statement, no...an answer.

"Perhaps I will."

Were these the humble extensions of the Grand Marshall's kindness? In his lost daze of contemplating what to do, his situation, where he was. Left in nothing by the ashes of battle, but being moved with no knowledge prior to what happened after his collapse. He in some event found this a tad cliche, but unable to resist still being a child, that smile he forced away only seemed to surface. Greeted by a tear, not out of means of either sorrow, or joy, but some unrequited relief, which left him content.

He suddenly fell back onto the comforting sheets of the bed, there was much to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back