• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reconnect Kingdom Hearts - A theory of sorts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MizuMikomi

Awards
Alright, so it's literally been years since I last even attempted to theorize. But something hit me the other day when I was playing Birth by Sleep Final Mix.

I decided to load up theater mode and watch "Blank Points", and "A Fragmentary Passage" back to back. In the past I've done this countless times, but never did I actually put some thought into what was being shown.

Here are things I noticed:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

So most of us can probably get the gist of that just from watching, so I won't dwell on it further. What really gets to me is the continuation of it in BbS Final Mix...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Pardon how... unorganized this is, I haven't made an organized or extremely coherent theory in a long long loooong time. So this is the best I can put out.

Here's a TLDR version:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Thanks for reading, I still feel as if it's really unorganized, even after that tldr. ^^;

MasterZeR0

Oh my. Despite how unorganized you claim it to be, I REALLY like this theory. It makes lots of sense. I really hope that what you're putting out here is true, because, it's awesome :D

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Yeah, that does make a lot of sense. Nice work!

And I think I'd be happy with BBSV2 being 3D's secret video... :D

MasterZeR0

Yeah, that does make a lot of sense. Nice work!

And I think I'd be happy with BBSV2 being 3D's secret video... :D

Oh man, me too. That'd be sick. I hope it's labeled with "Reconnect:Kingdom Hearts", because I love seeing that logo flash by :3 and it should, because of what BBSV2 is supposed to be about.

MizuMikomi

Awards
Th-thanks!

I was really hesitant in posting this since... it's been so long.
But the more I think about it, the more I can't help but think there is something behind these two secret videos.

I'm glad you guys like it, I'm really hoping this is the case... since around the time I played Birth by Sleep in Japanese I came up with a theory and was pretty much spot on. So I wanted to get this out there, just in case there is some truth in it all.

Plus, I was curious what others would think about it...
In my mind it's so very unorganized, but I guess I did a good enough job explaining things. xD

Can't wait to play next week and see if I was right, by then I will have probably realized something else regarding the secret videos. But... you never know with me, it's always "Oh! That sound goo--- oh nope, that sounds stupid." *shrug*

Still, I am glad that it made sense, and it sounds like a solid theory ~

And I too want to see that "Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts" text fly in at the end of a video again. It was awesome ~

MizuMikomi

Awards
MX definitely has another plan instore. but he wont be able to use it since he is in apprentice xehanort.. but hes back now, right...?
Well, we know he has a plan in store... but 'what' that plan might be, is what we are all waiting to find out.
If it's as simple as him wanting the X-blade again, I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't think any of us know yet, that's where one of the holes in my other theory lies. Hoping I'll get that cleared up by the time I beat it in a few weeks... but you never know. =/

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I actually made a thread on this a long while ago, when I remembered this quote, which kinda proves Blank Points was foreshadowing 3D.

Secret movies are an established tradition for the series, and in this title, a secret scene titled “Blank Points” was included. Does that name refer to the blank points in the story?

Nomura: There is that meaning, but every secret title aims to be reminiscent of the contents of the next game. For example, the secret movie in Kingdom Hearts was titled “Another side, Another story”, which was hinting at Roxas. Then the secret movie in KHIIFM was “Birth by Sleep”, wasn’t it? Well, the title of the next game isn’t restricted to “Blank Points”, but it will fit that meaning.

MizuMikomi

Awards
I've never seen that interview... do you have a link to where I could give it a good read over?
I'm interested to see what else Nomura had to say in it.

It kinda sucks that I am not the first to come up with this theory, but I did mention more than just the events hinting at the next game. Like what events... but that probably would be easy to come up with when you remember that the story likes to revolve heavily around memories.

I find it funny that the very first Kingdom Hearts game I played, Chain of Memories, seems to have so much relevance even this far in the series. What did you think on the bit about "A Fragmentary Passage" hinting at a missing part of the story? That was kind of the base of the theory, and as I kept thinking... it just expanded exponentially. xD

MasterZeR0

I actually made a thread on this a long while ago, when I remembered this quote, which kinda proves Blank Points was foreshadowing 3D.

I think with that description though, it's more likely shadowing BBSV2. I mean, it's supposed to fill in the "blank points", y'know?

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, we know he has a plan in store... but 'what' that plan might be, is what we are all waiting to find out.
If it's as simple as him wanting the X-blade again, I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't think any of us know yet, that's where one of the holes in my other theory lies. Hoping I'll get that cleared up by the time I beat it in a few weeks... but you never know. =/

hes gonna try to recreate the X-blade. but square wouldnt have him do it the same way. something differents gonna happen.

MizuMikomi

Awards
I really like your thinking here! ESPECIALLY the part about Lea rescuing Aqua, that really connects the dots.
Thanks! That idea kinda just came to me since at first I was all "Lea might have the ability to wield a keyblade." b

But the more I thought about it, I remembered that he can still use dark portals. From there on, it was just a matter of connecting the dots and coming to the conclusion I got to.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I've never seen that interview... do you have a link to where I could give it a good read over?
I'm interested to see what else Nomura had to say in it.

Director Interview – KH3 Details from BBS Ultimania | SQEX.INFO

It kinda sucks that I am not the first to come up with this theory, but I did mention more than just the events hinting at the next game. Like what events... but that probably would be easy to come up with when you remember that the story likes to revolve heavily around memories.

It's not a competition :p
I was just dropping this quote to further back you.

I think with that description though, it's more likely shadowing BBSV2. I mean, it's supposed to fill in the "blank points", y'know?

Nomura said "the next game", and I'm fairly certain that's what 3D is. Unless BBSv2 comes out next week ;P

MizuMikomi

Awards
Ah! Thank you very much, looks like I'll have a good read to tide me over for a few minutes. =P

Oh, that was it? ^^;
I am so used to when I used to post on KH forums... it felt like it was always a competition for who could post the best theory. Nice to know people aren't like that here, maybe I'll post theories without hesitating so much now.

It'd be awesome if all of this is covered in KH3D, I am really looking forward to playing next week and finding out first hand. :3

MizuMikomi

Awards
Well, I highly doubt they will fully cover Aqua's time in the realm of sleep in DDD. That just seems impossible to me... but then again, she was shown as a key character on the last scan, so maybe we'll see some of her travels in the memoirs feature?

I think that would be a pretty neat way of showing her time in the Realm of Darkness, although I would much prefer a game featuring her. xD

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Don't you think it's odd how she is with Hayner Pence and Ollette then it shows Sora? I am willing to believe that Kairi had visited the mansion once before, which could also mean there is a possibility that more happened between Riku, Roxas, and Xion than is actually let on in Days. What? I have no clue.

Kairi met HPO for the first time in KH2; that scene from Fragmentary Passage can't be before before KH2, unless their memories were somehow erased (which would make things very complicated).

Sora vanishes because he and Riku are taking the Mark of mastery exam. Simple, no?
The symbolism in that scene leads me to believe there's much more foreshadowing to it. Notice how the sun vanishes when Sora vanishes; maybe a reference to "light falls into darkness?"

Here we have Lea's 'special mission'. Since he doesn't wield a keyblade, he can't enter the Realm of Sleep, and they have mentioned they know where Aqua is... I believe he will be tasked with rescuing Aqua.

Yen Sid wouldn't stress how difficult it would be if it wasn't something like that, don't you think?

Lea is more obssessed with saving Roxas; saving Aqua would seem to be out of his initial interest.

But I've started rambling, so I will get back on track..
what I am getting at here with the bits about Kairi, in front of the Mansion while Sora was sleeping for a year...

Do we know how everyone's memories were effected by Namine's tampering? Other than Leon (Squall) saying they all began to remember Sora at the same time.

But Chain of Memories taught us full well, to remember the truth Sora would have to forget everything that happened in Castle Oblivion. We also know that Namine doesn't just mess with the memories of Sora, but those around him as well.

I think this is hinting that something happened sometime during that year, which led Kairi to Twilight Town, and thus to the mansion. Since we know everyone's memories were altered while Sora's were being fixed... these events could have just been erased, an entire year... missing from everyone's memories.

Just only everyone's memories of Sora, though. For instance, Kairi would still have remembered HPO had she met them earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back