• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Recordatio

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcana-Key

Awards
An apology for taking forever and a half to update Destati - in the time that I don't, I'll be trying to update this forum with snippets of writing done by either myself or my co-writer as supplementary material for the universe! As a warning, there will be spoilers, but some of these are either scenes that were thought off and discarded, or just randomly thought up as filler, for lack of a better term. You can read Destati here though!

Begin​.

Noxic ; Introspection
By Artikitsune

How annoying, and here she thought that whining and whingeing would get him to save some other planet with her. He felt pretty irritated (what day isn’t that the case?) but this time he had extra incentive to wear that grumpy expression on his face. Y’know the one, eyes-lids half drawn, lip-furs pursed together and ears completely drooped. Badgering him won’t make things go faster. If anything, it gave the rabbit extra reason to relieve some of the pressure off the clutch of the Gummi ship his big footpaw was pressing down on. It wasn’t that he didn’t like saving planets with her, nothing of the kind. Part of him actually enjoyed seeing people happy, seeing people living in a somewhat semblance of peace and simply knowing he was part of that happiness. That’d be something that’d put a smile on his own lips. It’s not like he doesn’t have a heart, after all!

No, that wasn’t it, not even close. It was the fact Noxic’s mind was resigned to a single target, a single objective. A focus point, you could say. Her. The one that thrust emotion into a beast that lost its chance to have something so precious, something that should be cherished and held onto until it’s last day. The one that had his thoughts turn crimson in fear, then black in hate. That one women. She started this all, and he’s going to finish it. Nice and simple, right? Wrong. These ‘detours’ were simply distracting from the task at hand! The messy haired girl sleeping next to him peacefully, with the thoughts of heading to their next adventure drew the attention of those crimson eyes. ‘Do the right thing’ right? She couldn’t understand quite how he was feeling and he shouldn’t really take it out on her but… but, that lady- no, she didn’t such a human title. That female was the true evil they should be heading towards.

That was a thought he’d never be able to dismiss.

Dark furred fingers curled around the wheel, teeth gritting at the silent thoughts screaming inside his mind, grinding slightly against their own smooth surfaces. Could he point it in a tactful way, try to describe it in a manner that’d get her on board with his trains of thought? Nah! He’s not Nyx, far from it! Noxic was a man of action, not a man of words. All of a sudden, his arms would yank the wheel to the side, turning those thrusters of their ship built for space travel and battle a full one hundred and eighty degrees. The sensation was a tug to the side, one that had one of his ears perking a little in alarm. Did that wake her? Nah. She’s still snoozing like an oversized baby. Good. It’d be much better if they could simply arrive at the destination he was now streamlining for. The last place he saw the one who started it all. The black rabbit was going ‘home’.

He didn’t need to set any navigation, the process of getting there was as simple as retracing his steps. Nobody forgets where their home is, not wholly and fully. The case was exactly the same here, only for all the wrong reasons. Leaning his body forward, Noxic would arch forward and push that steering wheel up then away from him and then the stars would fly by not as balls of light, but as streaming white lines. Hyperdrives really did make intergalactic travel no sweat at all. Chip and Dale work wonders, he’d have to clomp both their brainy heads together at some point, to show his affection of course! Hearing them squeak out angrily wasn’t the reason. Oh no, absolutely not. Okay so maybe, just maybe that put a small smirk on his lips.

It’d be a full grin if his body wasn’t shuddering from anxiety at that laid before his vermillion hues.

There it was, a planet which he refused to learn the name of. Pulling back sharply on the wheel, he’d put a stop to the raw speed in what seemed like instants. This was the place, he was sure of it. Why’d the lagomorph have the furs tingling up on the back of his neck otherwise? That and the sickly taste in his mouth was unmistakable. This here ball of rock and water, this is where he was ‘born.’ With a shaking breath leaving his lungs, he’d lean over to the seat Suihei was resting on and dial co-ordinates into the device in front of that’d warp them down to the surface. As much as a rush breaking atmosphere is, Noxic wasn’t out for a kick, or for some fun. This here was serious business. So without further hesitation, he’d squeeze his eyes shut and ram his finger in the ‘GO’ button.

The familiar tugging sensation that gripped all his innards in a gentle embrace that followed couldn’t be any colder and when he finally opened his screwed closed lids, gentle turned to ruthlessly tight and cold turned into freezing. There it was. A place that didn’t look very astonishing or disturbing, a simple red brick building that stood as wide as it did tall. “I-It’s just a dumb place. Stop shivering like a sissy, damn it.” He hissed under his breath, forcing his body to move and get out of the ship.

Paws touched the cool moonlit grass and a wash of nightly breeze licked his dark form. It was peaceful, almost tranquil. How ironic. Moving his legs one step at a time, he’d advance towards those large double doors. Then a single hand would lift to touch them, before he’d lean close and let the furs of his forehead graze the old unused oak. It was just like yesterday… a black rabbit bursting out of the very same doors with a frantic wild look to his eyes, scrabbling off to the distance without even a jacket to his name. Tsh. Gritting his teeth, Noxic would push forward and with a groaning creek, the door would swing open with ease. As if greeting the bunny to his one true home. Then with but a single glance back towards where his partner laid, he’d advance.

The only sounds in the air were his almost silent footfalls, padded furs carpeting the noise while he’d carefully advance. A careful that was also stiff with a breed of emotion he couldn’t describe. It was a mix of anticipation and fear of what he was anticipating. Turning right, he’d head down a memorised route, one he could walk even if he’s only been down it once before. The old red painted corridors, even such simple walls carried memories. Reaching out, he’d trace fingers over four claw marks, following them down and down to another door. One he paused at.

This is where it all started.

Fingers swiftly curled into twin fists and embracing his determination to finish it, Noxic opened the place best forgotten wide open. What awaited inside was all but a few trashed devices, destroyed utterly by deep slashes and papers scattered everywhere by what one could only assume was an explosion. An explosion that, if the shattered glass held any indication, came from inside a large tube. Cage would be a better description though, because that tube was never filled with any sort of liquid. It was used to hold a sole individual.

Him.

“Not here, huh…” He could have guessed that much. This room was full of painful memories, ones that no reasonable person would ever want to revisit. But, there might be a clue here! A single hint, a single lead that’d let them give chase! That’s all Noxic needed to step foot in that all important room. The door slammed shut behind him with a menacing and ominous aura, something that had him swallowing before he continued. Maybe there was something in these papers? Think back to what that Sherlock mouse fellow said! ‘Open your nose, open your ears, open your mouth, open your hands and for heaven’s sake, open your eyes.’ Eyes… eyes… it was just devastation, all the papers were burned, all the machines beyond repair! ‘Look twice, look trice. There are somethings even I would miss, if I didn’t take my time.’ “Yeah but you’re patient, dumb mouse. It’s not like a guy like me could ever do the same sorta-”

Then he saw it, a sole paper that laid right in the centre of the tube. A single white as snow sheet amongst a field of papery ash and soot. It couldn’t be possible, it shouldn’t be! But it was unmistakable, there lay a solitary document, untouched. Dashing forward with a new found feeling of hope inside his heart, he’d quickly kneel on one knee to pick the paper up. With a few wipes from the back of his hand and blows from his mouth, he’d pick up on the neatly written and extravagant swirls of words written by a hand he knew, he knew was from the person he was after.

Only his eyes didn’t focus on any sentence, on any key bits of evidence the skim read might have given away. No, they focused on the final word that was written with so much more force than the rest. A single word. A word that hit a chord he didn’t even knew he had.

Failure

After all of that, after everything she put him through—“Shut up!” He’d cry out. The room felt so much darker, so much colder. “You’re tellin’ me, you’re tellin’ me that after everything I’m a- I’m a—“ The word, his worst nightmare wouldn’t leave his choking and clogged up throat.

It was here in the past he experienced emotion for the first time, he experienced a forbidden fruit no heart consumed by Darkness should experience. Light. It gave him fear and that fear span him down a carousal of agony. He was scared about even feeling fear! He cried, he screamed, he sobbed, he shuddered. He bared through his existence itself telling him he was all wrong, wrong, wrong! All to be called a failure!?

It filled his very core was so much- ugh! Arms tensed, eyes screwed shut and he quivered with sheer hate filling his form. “I don’t care! I don’t care if I’m some failure or mistake! I don’t care if I’m some monster made from spare parts! All I care about is making you pay!” Black whisks of smoke like tendrils started to lift from the ground, licking at his torso and wrapping around his arms. “You did this to me!” He could feel himself slipping through the cracks to a dark eternity, a place where only his hate and hurt would remind him of what he is, what he was. But he didn’t care. “It’s all your fault!” That fear of falling down never ending void of hunger, it was being overtaken by a single emotion. “I HATE YOU!” Voice broke and echoed through the building before he’d fall onto the pair of his knees, punching his fists into the ground. Then tear falls would follow, right before the shadows would swallow him down.

Falling down and down, endlessly. Ever on and on, he continued circling. With nothing but that hated in an endless roundabout loop. Till slowly he forgot even that, and his heart started to vanish. ‘Hey Nox, Nyx? Let’s solve all this together, as friends!’ So stupid… Then suddenly he could feel that he couldn’t break free, that he’s gone too far. The feelings weren’t as alien as they should have been. It feels like he’s fallen down this very same pit before. Feelings… they were drifting away as he fell. Tiny golden streams letting him know he’s going deeper and deeper while all he could do was look up while he fell and fell, deeper and deeper. ‘C’mon, can’t you two get along for once? If I can put up with you guys, you guys can put up with each other!’ Yeah, like that’d ever happen. You’re always so naive… Uncertainty was enveloping his mind, maybe this was a dream? Maybe nothing else is real? It doesn’t mean anything, nobody would understand how he feels. He’s tired of all the pain, tired of all the misery inside. ‘Promise me you’ll stick with me till the end, okay? I need you, just like you said you need me. Hey- Noxic! Look at me, I’m being serious!’ Yeah yeah, I said I promised already…

That maw opened sharply in the endless sea, eyes that were drifting shut snapping open. He couldn’t fall, he couldn’t give up! He promised—he promised somebody important! Lifting that arm he’d grab onto the thread of Light, then he’d tug himself up and up. No, if he just fell there would be no turning back. He couldn’t just let everything fade to black again! He’d touch that pillars tip again, a pillar that was shattered and imageless. Tugging himself higher and higher, he’d hear voices, voices that were… familiar! ‘Such a illogical beast that acts on nothing but instinct alone could never beat me. We don’t require assistance from something so- so black, XXXX-Something.’ That stupid cat, he’d show him, he wouldn’t lose to that guy ever! The pulls got stronger and stronger, faster and faster until he started to see the surface. Only a few more then-- then!

The Darkness surrounding his form retreated in a swift recoil, and Noxic would slowly stand to his full height inside that shattered tube. Wiping away the water from his eyes with the back of his arm. “I don’t care if I’m a failure. It doesn’t matter, because I’ve still got a promise to keep. Right, Suihei?” Smiling softly, he’d clutch the note in hand and calmly walk out, heading back for the ship, without a single look back.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This was heart wrenching to read. Noxic has some mental scars that run deep. I'm happy he was able to pull it together towards the end after remembering his promise to Suihei. This was incredibly well written and the journey to Noxic's home was like a roller coaster ride. Overall, I enjoyed it and hope to read more snippets like it in the future by you and your co-writer. :)

Arcana-Key

Awards
This one was a bit interesting to write. Prior to focusing on Destati over-all, I found myself dabbling in bits and pieces of snippets that were either scrapped or set aside as supplementary material. I think this was one of the first pieces that I had written of Suihei - in about 2014, if I recall correctly. As one of the thematic elements in the story at the time had simply been focusing on her journey to return home to her mother, I'd focused on doing something for mother's day.

On that note, I should probably write a companion piece to Introspection in the future. I think it'd be pretty neat to see the resolves that go through Nyx and Sui-!

Begin​.

Suihei ; Missing You
By me!

The currents of fate and destiny were turbulent. Turbulent enough to separate a mother from her child, or a child from their mother. There was no safety net, no real empathy for those who were swept up in their currents.

Sometimes she took the time when there weren't any vessels carrying the Heartless to let her mind wander. She wandered about how far she had grown so far, from an admittedly selfish child to one that wasn't afraid to speak her mind against what she felt was wrong. Certainly there had always been a little spark there, but her friend, Nyx, had truly coaxed it out against the odds. Such an idiot cat. Always brushing things off. Always looking at her with eyes that she swore held emotion despite everyone else saying otherwise. It was dumb, but . . .

As Suihei traced the charm clutched in her hand, her thoughts drifted towards the more interpersonal thoughts that she frequently attempted to stow away under the false pretense that she was doing it for Nyx and Noxic, not for herself. She had a lot of time, months even, to think about the fate of her world in the weeks spent traveling. Instead of letting it consume her, she had replaced the grief that had burbled in her Heart into determination that hadn't flickered out just yet.

Memories were nice for her, though. They were like a security blanket, wrapping her up and letting her be afraid, letting her be the child that she desperately attempted to hide beneath an unwavering smile. Slowly, she drew her knees up to her chest, heart beating at a staccato that created a dull throb near her ribcage. She remembered the time that her mom had spent working day in and day out, trying against all odds to create a life not only for herself, but her daughter. Certainly there was some bitterness there, at least towards her father.

If she were more immature, she would've blamed herself. In a sense, she did.

Children had a way of letting their imaginations run wild, after all, and with only a few words of reassurance . . . she didn't have much to go off of to cement that some of the reasons her parents had split apart had been because of her.

"Hey, mom . . . " The fragile hum of her voice was drowned out by the whirrs and buzz of the circuits in her ships. She sounded uncertain of herself - another thing she tried to hide behind a mask of bravado. She was astounded that she hadn't given a yell of frustration yet, or that she didn't mess up in her attempt to speak. Besides, nobody was here. Nyx, who for some inexplicable reason, didn't seem to care much for piloting the ship and had left her to her own devices - Noxic had long since decided to take himself a nap. Probably for the best that they were asleep, now that she thought about it.

Before now, she would've taken her mother for granted, but . . .

Ugh, she must've looked crazy talking to a charm like her mom could hear her.

"It's me, Suihei. I'm sorry I haven't found you yet, but I've been searching everywhere so far. Can you believe that? Me, doing something without you having to force me to do it. I was shocked too, I know, but-" She was ranting already. Good.

Her voice cracked a little. She was a little too eager to clear it.

Trying to think of something to say was hard. Hard enough for one of her blunted canines to bite into her bottom lip in frustration. She was silent for a few minutes before continuing.

"I met a talking cat recently. Kinda surreal right? I mean, all this time, when I was younger, I used to always talk about how I'd love to talk with a cat one day. And here he is, just dropping out of nowhere into my life in order to help me find you! I mean, I almost killed him but-" Her voice lowered to a wisp in the air as her forehead came to settle on her knees. "He's really good with magic - that's really a thing, I know. He told me all about the Keyblade, or, well . . . what he knew about it anyways. And I know that, maybe, with a bit of time, I can master it. I don't think I deserve it, I-" She caught herself before negative thoughts poisoned her mind yet again.

Inevitably, she would lose her cool, but now wasn't the time. Suihei knew that if she did, she'd make a fool of herself with no one around to laugh at her . . . for once. "I never told you this much when you were home." She recalled this with no small amount of shame crawling into her voice. Instead of establishing a deeper bond with her mother, there was only the surface knowledge that she showed her. Of course she hadn't doubted for a second that her mother knew everything about her, but . . .

And for the next hour, she continued to talk into the charm. Little things, like how she had seen so many interesting places, and how she had learned magic. Who she had made friends with, and how Caius, despite being a total jerk, wasn't exactly all that bad.

She continued talking, on and on, determined to let all of these facts out until there was nothing left to hold onto. Really, she was surprised how much she was speaking, because, well, she never really bothered telling anyone about herself. It was always for the best that she kept them at arms length, always for the best that she didn't let anyone in so she didn't get close. But everyone, everyone had changed that in the last few months. Laziness had been replaced with resolve, and resolve was supplemented by responsibility.

But that wasn't the reason why she had decided to pour her heart out in the first place.

"I miss you, mom. . . . " She muttered softly, twirling a few strands of hair between her fingertips. "I don't know what to do. I don't deserve the Keyblade, or to have fun while you could possibly be-" This time her voice did crack. The burn of her tears were easily ignored, and before she knew it sleep had claimed her in the midsts of her soft sobs.

Some time during that little hour, while she was sleeping, her companion came across a sight most peculiar.

The girl had curled in on herself, using the chair as impromptu bedding for the time being, with that twilit charm of hers held in hand.

Arcana-Key

Awards
This was heart wrenching to read. Noxic has some mental scars that run deep. I'm happy he was able to pull it together towards the end after remembering his promise to Suihei. This was incredibly well written and the journey to Noxic's home was like a roller coaster ride. Overall, I enjoyed it and hope to read more snippets like it in the future by you and your co-writer. :)

Aaah, I love Noxic as a character. He's actually the primary focus of Destati, even if he comes off as a bit of a companion, because in the end its all about his ability to grow beyond the past that's kept him so locked up and afraid of establishing bonds with others. Arti did an amazing job with exploring the finer points of his mentality. ;n;

Arcana-Key

Awards
Fun for all ages! Norwin is a character that has yet to be introduced in Destati ; taking on the role of the 'Riku', so to speak, she hails from a World with the last Keybearer, her Uncle, as the lingering Master. In his Old Age, he opted to train her, and since she never Awakened to her Keyblade, she's more or less salt-incarnate. This was a little snippet to go with an image done a while back.

Begin​.

Norwin ; Bonds
By me!

It was strange, how fate worked out.

Norwin hated Suihei originally. Hated the way that the girl seemed to be upbeat. Happy, despite the way that things seemed to never pain out for her. She hated the way that she pretended that nothing was wrong - that the World was her oyster, and everything would be fine, so long as she kept going forward with those two idiots that she called friends.

Most importantly, and though this was well known between the both of them, she'd hated Suihei for taking what she had believed was rightfully hers. Pride and honor dictated that she - someone who had trained her entire life to earn the Keyblade, shouldn't have gone empty handed while some novice, who wasn't even trained by the Last
Master had something that she had been working for for as long as she remembered by a fluke.

But then she saw it - the way her Heart burned brightly, no matter the odds that she faced. Even when she had doubt over herself, she hadn't given in - not for a second. And then the idiot had been dumb enough to throw her Heart into an empty vessel. Something that shouldn't even have existed. All because he was her friend? It was ridiculous. Absurd.

But her Heart had reacted before her body could realize what had happened. And Nowrin... respected that. Begrudgingly, of course.

It had put things into perspective. How bad she had really screwed up.

When her anger had washed away, and there was nothing left to but try to make amends.

So, she had opted to stay in the Dark Realm, seeking to make things right by searching for a Key that the notes that she'd compiled had spoken of.

Something from the Dark Realm - a soul searching experience. That's what she needed. The guilt was overbearing, yet a year later, when she met that idiotic girl again...

She was met with a smile. And an offer of friendship - just because she had been grateful that her life had been saved by someone who had had a part in pushing her there, inadvertently.

" Don't be such an idiota." She'd say, throwing her arm over her shoulder even as they ascended the homebase of their enemy with that insufferably bright smile, mixed with the slightest hint of mischief. " If I hated anyone that tried to kill me, then I'd have way too much hate to hold. It's no big, really. And hey, we could always try again some time. Sure, Noxic might want to punch your head in, and you might've been all mysterious assistant from the shadows while we were trying to find The Order, but you still helped out, and you're helping now. So, I can't really think of you... terribly, or anything. "

It was the first time that someone had offered to be a friend with her, because of who she was as a person, instead of who she should have been as a Heir. Nowrin found herself smiling at the thought. Small as it was.

It was the blossoming of a friendship, despite the dire situation they faced.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Wow, talk about some jealous and self respect at the same time. I'm kind of surprised friendship would still bloom between Norwin and Suihei. I'm curious what dire situation they're about to face as well. Pretty dang cool to see a more female version of Riku as well. Does this mean Norwin found the other 'keyblade' in the Dark Realm? And how did Norwin inadvertently push Suihei into danger again? Loads of questions along with excitement to say the least from reading these snippets altogether! :D

Arcana-Key

Awards
My favorite spot in Kingdom Hearts II ever in written form. Alludes to Act II, which is another can of worms from Act I.

Yes, I'm trash and planned three stories for this godforsaken series out.

Begin​.

Suihei ; Cavern of Remembrance

There had never been a time that she’d enjoyed traversing the depths of Radiant Garden. Not because she was afraid of traveling alone, because she had done that more than a handful of times, but because it had never been in her personal interest to see the World that had been wreathed in Darkness a year before up close and personal. But, the Castle was a place that enraptured her – captivated her, even. A place where so many things had happened, so many great, pivotal changes in her life had occurred towards the end of her first journey, that she couldn’t help but follow rumours on the veritable treasure trove of information awaiting her.

Lighting had told her that long ago, experiments were said to be carried out in the depths of their Halls, and these experiments – dangerous as they were, had resulted in the second influx of Darkness that had threatened the Worlds years before they were born. Suihei liked to believe that since this place had been the birth of Darkness, then perhaps she would find what she sought the most.

Information.

Soulless were a peculiar breed. She recalled. Born of Hearts blinded by Light, their minds had been burned away by near religious zealotry. A dangerous thing if there ever was one. At the head of the Soulless was a mysterious organization called ‘The Order of Light’, creatures that excelled where the more monstrous Soulless beneath their command failed. Governed by their mindless conviction, they had begun an insidious plot to crystalize the Worlds during the time that she had been slumbering.

The Light was just as dangerous as the Dark
It was a troubling turn of events, something that she hadn’t been expected to be thrust into following her one year sleep, but she had never been the sort to complain. Once Lightning had let it slip, rather intentionally, that there was something beneath the depilated castle, Suihei knew she couldn’t let this opportunity slip between her fingers.

So, earlier that morning, she had packed a bag, making sure to stock up on potions, ethers and elixirs on the chance that she was attacked by an errant Heartless or Soulless on her journey from the city towards the Castle. While it had taken some time to trek there, she had made short work of it by weaving through a few shortcuts with well-placed use of her abilities.

'Such a pain…' She thought to herself, keeping an eye out for any tell-tale flashes of black and purple or silver and gold just in case one of her less than favored ‘friends’ decided to pay her a visit.

As soon as the thought finished crossing her mind, Suihei had landed in a crouch courtesy of, well, a wall that had offered support for her quick motions. Agility was useful when gliding was still out of her reach, and she had to thank her parents for forcing her into gymnastics when she was younger, otherwise she would've long since been winded. Apparently her little trail had taken her through an underground cavern, probably the interior of the mountain the castle was built on.

“What a weird place…”

How astute of her to observe. Cavernous walls quickly gave way to a pristine columns that jutted up from between the floors. Emblazoned with a fleur de lis, and the roar of water in the distance told her that she was near a source of it—from her memory of exploring the Castle a year before, Suihei vaguely recalled that there was, in fact, a back entrance filled with magically enchanted ice, as well as rapid waterfalls beneath the depths.

The white was disorienting, almost blinding in a way that had the brunette shielding her eyes as she forced herself onwards. Oddly enough, no traps awaited her- maybe, just maybe, she’d been watching too many horror movies. She’d expected something, anything waiting for her- but it was completely barren of life. Even if she was aware that this was – several thousand years old, it didn’t stop paranoia from stirring in her heart. She was quick to suppress it, however, eager to continue on to her goal.

As she continued her stride uninhibited, she eventually found herself passing through the seemingly endless hall and found herself on a platform. Thirteen columns jutted out of the ground, and the roar of a waterfall proved her theory correct. A quick glance down, and Suihei saw that the water circled the platform, though it was discretely filtered through grates to maintain a constant level of water. Her eyes flicked forward once more, and as she stepped forward in curiosity, the dull rumble of age old cogs clicking and grinding against one another immediately caught her attention.

Generations. It’d been generations since anyone had stepped foot in here, and though she didn’t know this, she could hear the strain of metal against metal. From the center of the platform where she stood, a computer terminal slowly rose from the ground. As she had enough time to get out of the way of it, a minute later had Suihei standing in front of a computer terminal.

While incredibly outdated in comparison to the transparent screens she was accustomed to, the computer still looked fresh. Clean. As if it had taken strides to keep itself in pristine condition, despite not being accessed for eons.

“This is definitely . . .”

Weird. It was weird. And she didn’t like it. More than anything else, it made her feel unsettled, but if this is the trove of information she was looking for, then she’d take what she could. Suihei was almost disinclined to even continue – sorely tempted to turn around, if only because it felt like a wild goose chase.

The screen flickered a few times, drawing her attention once again.

‘Enter username and password’. If that wasn’t a pain in the butt, she didn’t know what was.

Oh, why not? It wouldn’t hurt to try, and she had no idea what she was getting herself into in the first place. At first, she thought she could do this a bit more – but a few minutes later, and even that became a monumental task. She tried everything she knew under the book ‘sea-salt icecream’, ‘gummiblocks’, and, in one childish twist, ‘twilight town’, but all she got in return was a blinking error message. Unable to bury the frustration that was building up in her chest, Suihei’s fists bashed the keyboard. A brittle crack signified that she’d more than likely broken a piece of the delicate technology.

What a hunk of jun-

Her train of thought was interrupted by the dull hum of electricity saturating the air. Suihei’s hazel eyes narrowed in apprehension, and as a precaution, she backed away from the computer terminal. Once again, the sound of age old gears groaning rattled through the air. Dust dotted the air for but a moment, before thirteen gates rose from slots in the floor surrounding her.

Well, one of these had to lead to somewhere.

The only question was, where.

Arcana-Key

Awards
Wow, talk about some jealous and self respect at the same time. I'm kind of surprised friendship would still bloom between Norwin and Suihei. I'm curious what dire situation they're about to face as well. Pretty dang cool to see a more female version of Riku as well. Does this mean Norwin found the other 'keyblade' in the Dark Realm? And how did Norwin inadvertently push Suihei into danger again? Loads of questions along with excitement to say the least from reading these snippets altogether! :D

It's mostly like, aaah, well, she ended up working beneath the wing of Facilier, and also ended up manipulated by the actual antagonist of the story - the woman that Noxic really, really hates. Like intensely ( I swear, I could tell this story better in snippets instead of one big continuous thing "orz )

Arcana-Key

Awards
In which I no-life enough to actually write out some snippets for the data battles. It all ties to Act 2 ; again, these are scenes that are considered supplementary, and possibly even non-canon, given the circumstances surrounding them. I'd originally written like - 7 ( one really long one for Xemnas ) and my initial plan was to detail what each brought to the table as a method of holding onto precious data involving the past.

Definitely not tied to Act 1 though.

All around spoilerrific.

Begin​.

VIII
The Flurry of Dancing Flames

She hated those doors. She really. Really really hated those doors.

The scent of ash and fire was the first thing that brought Suihei’s mind from the depths of thoughtfulness that it had resigned itself to. Metal whistled through the air, embers were quick to follow – was she in Hell? The circle of flames surrounding her like a bonfire almost made her want to say ‘yes’, but it was a brief, if not fleeting thought. Computer program- right, right.

“BURN!” Gouts of flame spiraled from the walls. The floor grew hotter beneath her feet, yet this didn’t stop Suihei from attempting to get out of the way of the geysers hurtled her way by way of a flash step. Barely avoiding it by a margin, she attempted to flick the chakrams thrown her way next by batting them out of the way with her keyblade. She managed the first, but the second returned to the waiting hand of the red-headed man that leapt from the fire with a cocksure grin.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make it all stop.”

Oh, this kid was good- whoever she was, but she definitely wasn’t anything too impressive, in the long run. The way that she glared at him, even as she tried her best to avoid the flame-tipped edges of hisr chakram, was familiar in a way- it tugged at the data embedded in him for a second, but just as fast, it was discarded as unimportant. Smoke coiled from beneath his cuffs, before darting out to blind Suihei. Axel then followed it up by conjuring both of his chakram, hurtling them forward like two deadly pinwheels that cut into Suihei’s flesh and sent her hurtling towards the wall of flames-

He didn’t expect her to right her posture at the last second- nor did he quite expect her to leap off the fiery constructs to engage him with all the ferocity of a woman scorned. Slashes were deflected, lunges were danced around, and stabs were redirected until Axel noticed just what the kid was doing. By the time he did notice, however, both began a constant game of leaping forward and away along the walls of fire.

Eventually, Suihei did get the blow that she was looking for and with a victorious grin, she hammered down with as much force that her keyblade could offer with two hands. Axel hurtled towards the epicenter of the molten floor, his guard broken from the sheer force of the blow. With a breathless gasp, he blocked her descending blow with his chakram, but—

That did nothing to stop the light that purged the floor from the magma that made the playing field uneven. Suihei’s grin widened further, an action that Axel mirrored, even as he melted into the floor and returned to his feet seconds later.

“Now this!” He said, a chakram spinning above his hand with such intense heat and light that Suihei had to cover her eyes with a hand. “Is more like it!”

IX
A Melodious Nocturne

If Noxic had to leave a critique on the Ninth Reflection, it would be . . . “Who th’hell is this wuss, Sui?” And it was an apt description. Though the simulation that they had been tossed into proved unfamiliar in its layout, Noxic could see that there was a bare resemblance to the Hollow Bastion that they were familiar with, once he got a good enough look. Normally he wouldn’t be so shrewd ( okay, he would ), but the fact that this guy had led them through a wild goose chase was frazzlin his fur something fierce!

With a frustrated sigh, Suihei came running right on his heels – keyblade hoisted over her shoulder, just as the Duelscythe was resting over his. Nyx had taken the option of scouting somewhat ahead for any imminent dangers, leaving the Dark Lagomorph and Human by themselves. Noxic leaned against the shattered pillar to his left, and Suihei settled on the one to his right.

When a corridor of Darkness opened up in front of them, both looked up to see if it was Nyx- Noxic was tempted to say something witty if it was, but much to his disappointment, it was the hooded figure, now unhooded-- that had strung them around the entire time. A fierce grin broke on the rabbit’s features, even as he stood to his feet and twirled the twin-edged scythe around him. Oh yeah, this’d be good.

Demyx gave a cheeky half-grin in return. “Dance water, dance!” Whatever Noxic and Suihei were going to say was immediately cut off by the sound of strings plucking, and water twirling to life around them with the force of a geyser. Gouts of water tore into the earth around them. Separating both of them with enough concussive force and heat to flay skin from bone.

“Now, what was this about a wuss? C’mon, I just want to show you guys a showstopper!”

X
The Gambler of Fate

The tenth reflection was a peculiar sort. One of games and mischief. Unlike many that she had met thus far, he seemed far more interested in trying her patience.

“It seems that even the mechanizations of the realms extend to the furthest tomorrow.” It was interesting. To see that man, no matter how far along they were, would never change. It was in their nature. He was just data. Bits and pieces left behind in order to observe and analyze those who wished to seek the chamber of repose. In a way, it shouldn’t have mattered to him, and it didn’t. But he supposed that if he had a heart. . .

“To see that Man's hearts still bleed with avarice and greed, even to this day.” Luxord’s laughter was sardonic. Mocking in a way that caused Suihei’s fingers to dig into Noxic’s shoulder. No need to break into a fight yet. Not yet. Noxic’s impatience was legendary, after all, and if she had her way? Well, she would’ve crammed her key into the guy’s mouth.

“Tell me, would you like to play a game?” Luxord produced a set of cards, uncaring, and unwilling to await their answer. He tossed them forward with a fluid flick of the wrist. The playing cards remained embedded in the ground beneath the trio’s feet, and Nyx- being the eldest of the three, realized the technique for what it was. As quick as he could, he encapsulated the explosions in a hastily constructed reflect. It didn’t block all of it, as seen by the flash of heat blowing both Suihei and Noxic off their feet, but it would do enough. That was all that mattered.

Nyx’s lips fell into a frown, as memories of ‘Yesterday’ began to roll to the forefront of his mind. Such a curious thing, the mind. Without fail, it threw what memories the Heart left behind forward with a startling clarity. “The Organization. . . “ Blades slid from between the bindings of his sleeves, a sharp silver that twinged with Nothing. If he noticed the construct’s expression, he said nothing of it. After waiting until Suihei and Noxic dragged themselves onto their feet, Nyx darted back- falling between the heavy hitters with a brief frown crossing his shadowed features. “Were nothing but fools. Ambitious fools.”

Luxord’s eyes danced with a callous indifference. Amusement in a way, even as dice were rolled between his fingertips. “That isn’t what I wanted to hear. But I suppose that you ; caught between a lesser Dusk, and an Ascended, would know anything about fools.” His words were harsh. Nyx flinched, though from what was the question. “Your luck is running short. So shall you live or die by the roll of the dice?”

XI
A Scythe of Petals

The eleventh reflection met her in a barren hall ; akin to the ones that she’d traversed in order to get to the terminal. Like many of the others, the hooded figure stood silently, expectantly- as if waiting for her to say something. She didn’t know what to say, not exactly. It was like they all had codes to start battling at the slightest sign of intrusion. As the previous entities had done before, the man drew forward a weapon from threads of darkness and nothing - a dangerous, if not elegant looking scythe that vaguely resembled a lone petal attached to the gunmetal green stem of a flower.

Suihei bit down on her bottom lip, her left hand extended to call her keyblade in a flurry of light. Just in time to hastily draw it up in an attempt to defend herself. Key met scythe in a clash of sparks. Her arms shook with exertion, yet she was quick on the draw. Suihei pivoted on her heel, lashing out with a horizontal slash that shethought had at least put a hamper on her enemy—at least until she saw the flower petals drifting to the floor.

The scent of roses and cherry blossoms muddled the air around her; cloying her senses with a fragrant scent that caused her hazel eyes to dart around rapidly. Where did he go?!

All the while, the hooded figure drew his scythe back until Suihei was sure that it’d cut through if she budged an inch. As he leaned forward to whisper something into her ear, Suihei caught the barest hint of pink hair brushing across her cheek.

XII
A Savage Nymph

Lightning bolted through the skies, and thunder roared through the air. Suihei’s ears buzzed in agony, her flesh rose in goosebumps. This girl—whoever she was, she wasfast. Almost too fast. Raising her keyblade, Suihei barely managed to swat aside a flurry of knives tossed her way from a corridor of darkness. She dashed forward and swirled around yet another bolt of lightning tossed her way.

Mocking laughter rang in her ears just as loud as the sound of thunder cracking the heavens asunder, but she didn’t give up. She wouldn’t give up!

Larxene gave another mocking giggle, darting forward to meet the young keybearer with a clone flanking her side. With knives poised to dig and rend flesh like a set of claws, the clone’s hand darted forward like a bolt of lightning, screeching through the air with jagged voltage dancing between each knifetip. To the shock of the jade-eyed woman, Suihei gripped the wrist of her copy and pivoted on her heel, sending it directly towards Larxene with twice as much momentum as either could handle.

Like magnets, they were drawn back to one another. To Larxene’s ire, the girl was upon her just as fast. An orange aura glimmered around Suihei’s keyblade, and with a mighty swing forward, several rays of light lurched from the weapon with the intent of homing in on Larxene’s dazed form.

XIII
Another Promise

The final gate was a surprise in the making. Once she passed through – on her own, as she told Nox with the utmost confidence, Suihei found her resolve faltering, just for a second. Darkness, vast and stretched as far as the eye could see, completely and utterly devoured her field of vision. The only source of light that she could see was from a peculiar . . . glass mosaic—

Her eyes widened at the sight of brown hair, spiked and messy. Closed eyes painted the picture of sleeping, and around him were figures of a boy, a girl, a dog, and a duck—at least, she would’ve liked to believe that was a duck. “This is . . .”

“Familiar, mn?” The melancholy voice interrupted her sentence. Yes, she wanted to say. But the look on the boy in front of her, Roxas, was it? Was one of resignation? He was tired. Tired, or angry, or perhaps a bit of both—though, what he could be angry at was a question that Suihei didn’t want to answer. They sat in silence for a minute, with Roxas analyzing Suihei – from the keyblade, vaguely similar to the Kingdom Key, if not more elaborate that dangled from her fingertips, to the frown that etched itself onto her features. Just where had this place taken her?

“If you want the answers you came here for. . . “ Oathkeeper and Oblivion formed in his hands, much to Suihei’s surprise, and with a twirl of the blades, he leapt forward. With a clang of metal and a shower of sparks, the keyblades clashed violently. Roxas was unrelenting, continuing to bring down his keyblades until Suihei felt as if her arms would become jelly.

He was aggressive in a way that had Suihei on the defensive ; for he didn’t only have the strength that made her arms feel as if they were going to fall off, but also thespeed. She saw a flash of light out of the corner of her eye, and it was only a well placed dodge roll that got her towards safety. Several more beams chased after her following that. Calling on the pool of magic within her, Suihei slammed her keyblade into the ground, creating a dome of transparent hexagons that absorbed the light with considerable strain. She saw the barest sliver of light begin to slip through the cracks, so Suihei pushed the spell outwards with as much force as it accumulated.

The explosion of light and sound was deafening, yet it was far from the end. With her ears still ringing and dots still in her eyes, Suihei barely caught sight of Roxas floating several feet above her until it was nearly too late. Twin keyblades sheared through the air rapidly. Too fast. She leapt out of the way, trying not to scream out when the weapons struck into her ribcage and sent her hurtling towards the other end of the station like a ragdoll.

Roxas dropped to his feet, making a mad dash towards Suihei with both his keyblades returning to his hand in an instant. Her own had been sent plummeting into the depths of Darkness below. Fear ebbed at her stomach as his footsteps grew heavier, more rapid. The sound of air displacing caused her to squeeze her eyes tight. She couldn’t bear to watch her get beat by a computer program, of all things.

Stopping mid-step, Roxas swung his keyblades in a downward arch, only to be surprised by Suihei’s own weapon returning to her in a desperate attempt to fend for its owner.

Guided by the weight of the weapon, Suihei stabbed forward.

‘Clink clink.’ The sound of metal twinging against glass caused Suihei’s eyes to open up. She’d somehow managed to push herself onto her feet at the last second. Somehow had managed to run forward and stab with every drop of strength that her screaming, exhausted muscles could offer.

Data whistled in her ears, and the last thing she heard before collapsing was Roxas’ voice.

“So that’s why . . . “

“ Long ago, in a time where Darkness invaded the realm of Light . . . “

Flashes rang through her head. Heartless. A beached world. Stars blinking out rapidly.

A promise kept. And another, unkept.

“There was a boy- as normal as you and I.”

Brown hair, defying the very forces of gravity itself. Bright blue eyes that spoke of incredible friendliness.

“This boy, though from ordinary origins. Had a heart filled with compassion like no other. For his friends, he would give everything. ”

An odd, dark keyblade hit the ground with a clang, and the boy was falling. Two hearts floated from his body – one into the heavens, and one into an unconscious girl. The girl awoke, running forward in an attempt to embrace the boy before his body disappeared completely.

“Yet even after he saved the Worlds, not once- but several times, sealing away the realm of Light from that of Darkness, Humans began to fear for their future. For what would happen to them without their savior, once his life was forfeit?”

A group of people in white coats, scientists perhaps, stood in front of several test-tubes. Light glimmered from the confines of a casket. Barely contained by the wreathing shadows at their feet. She could just barely make out the features of the men, though it seemed as if he was muttering something to his colleague.

“So, they took matters into their own hands. The heirs of their saviors, chosen through a rite of succession, knew not, what light would breed. ”

Images and data continued to flash. Several more scenes, though muddled by time, continued to flash into her head until Suihei felt as if it would crack in half. Worlds crystallizing, flashes of light searing through the air. The taste of blood on her tongue came only from her teeth digging into the flesh too hard. And when her eyes opened, she gasped at the sight. Crystal spires rose into the heavens, causing the earth to fall brittle.

The fact that this was something that the Light had done. . .

“They called them the Soulless. The inverse of a Heartless, born from artificial light instead of the deepest darkness.”

Several more images. The scientists arguing about what they should do—who should they entrust with what. Jealousy and envy formed amongst their ranks, and with that, came darkness--- with this darkness, came the Judgment of their own creations. Merciless.

“The people, fearing for their lives, turned to the heirs of the Key to save them. The subsequent war met an unfortunate end. And the World, once restored through the Kindness of a young man’s Heart, found itself shattered once more by the folly of man. It was only through his heir, and the heirs of his friends, that the Soulless managed to be stop.

And it was with his dying breath, that the heir of the skies managed to isolate the Soulless from the new Worlds. “

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm going to assume some of these were data battles? I was given the impression of it. My favorite ones were between Axel, Demyx, and Marluxia. I also noticed the mean, little jab at Noxic being told he's between a Dusk and Ascended; I'm curious what an Ascended happened to be. :3 Of course, the fight with Roxas a well fought one too. Goodness gracious, Suihei sure does a lot of damage, yet at the same time, it's nice to see her confident in battle and doesn't give up in the slightest. And wow, so there's another type of inverse heartless! Soulless! I guess this means Sora and Riku are no longer around after giving it their all to rest from being Keyblade Masters to live out there lives. Overall, I loved all of the snippets and pieces of the story. <3 Certainly a fun read for me to enjoy! And it was told extremely well btw!

Arcana-Key

Awards
I'm going to assume some of these were data battles? I was given the impression of it. My favorite ones were between Axel, Demyx, and Marluxia. I also noticed the mean, little jab at Noxic being told he's between a Dusk and Ascended; I'm curious what an Ascended happened to be. :3 Of course, the fight with Roxas a well fought one too. Goodness gracious, Suihei sure does a lot of damage, yet at the same time, it's nice to see her confident in battle and doesn't give up in the slightest. And wow, so there's another type of inverse heartless! Soulless! I guess this means Sora and Riku are no longer around after giving it their all to rest from being Keyblade Masters to live out there lives. Overall, I loved all of the snippets and pieces of the story. <3 Certainly a fun read for me to enjoy! And it was told extremely well btw!

Aaah, all of them were data battles actually! I had decided to do an exercise in rewriting them from the get-go, albeit this was done rather fast and run of the mill. I ended up doing a Xemnas one featuring Norwin, which was how long these were supposed to be initially. They're more or less snippets-

As for the difference between your standard mook Nobodies and Ascended, its just a simple term used in the 'verse to describe the difference between your standard Nobody and those that were actually a part of the Organization. Nyx is somewhere between a Dusk and where the rest of the Organization was, haha. A perturbing fact about him is that he actually wears his old 'skin' as a sort of coat, if that makes sense??? But, Sora and Riku have long since passed on by this point. I have a rough timeline that I'd post if it wasn't like, filled to the brim with spoilers for the series by large ;n; I could probably post the pre-Destati stuff, actually!

Arcana-Key

Awards
Looking back into the notes about Norwin, I decided to do something that takes place during Destati itself. A spin-off if you will. Murder me softly sweet prince my fingers are going to die from doing things not related to the story one day.

Begin​.

Norwin ; Recordatio
By me!

She hadn’t ever once believed that she’d ever reflect on the nonsensical chains that kept her tethered to the past. The past, Norwin had always felt, deserved to stay in the past. It wasn’t her problem, but it was the legacy that she inherited. Like it or not, she had never been capable of making due with slipping between the cracks and look towards the future. Running never worked. Just thinking about it caused the briefest flare of annoyance to flash across her features. Lips pinched. How could everything possibly turn out like this? It wasn’t like she was psychic, but Norwin had a mentality that followed the belief that the result of something would happen if she worked at it hard enough.

Part of her wanted to slack, but she had never done so a day in her life. She never had reason to, for since as long as she could remember, she had pushed herself to the brink of exhaustion in order to get closer to the only relative that had given her strength. Seeing others laze away, getting things that they didn’t deserve…infuriated her. And that was something that she used seldom. For something to well and truly infuriate her, it had to be the most slovenly sort of person. The lazy aristocrats of other Worlds, for example. And then there was that girl.

That idiotic girl. She had stole everything that Norwin had ever worked for. Had stole her birthright, and had stole the legacy that she was poised to inherit once her Uncle had chosen her as the heiress of his legacy. It was the fact that her mind had been set upon that single target, that one, perfect goal in her life, that made her so upset. When she had first heard she was in disbelief. Shock. Revulsion. Facilier was not a man that she could trust, but he seemed so pleased with the information that his ‘Friends’ had been so willing to share with him. Information that had left her stomach feeling as if a rock had set into it.

That girl has a Keyblade, you know, he had whispered to her – lips wide and oily like a snake, ain’t been one of those in years. That’s the information you’re looking for, right? So why don’t you…give a little poke to see what it’s all about.

Manicured fingernails bit into the flesh of her hands. Far beyond the gloves as the thought truly set into her. She didn’t intend on being used. She refused to be used. If anything, she would use him, use him and his cronies, to get closer to the truth. Because if she didn’t. If she remained ignorant of that stupid girl, she wouldn’t be able to get answers. And if it meant that she had to beat every single one out of her, then Norwin would. Their first encounter at the Coliseum was just a lucky break for her.

Less than tactful words found themselves appropriate to slip from between her lips as she leaned against the wall. No, that wasn’t it. It couldn’t have been the bravery. That was fake. False. Just like her right to hold the Keyblade. The way that she had hesitated at the start of the fight had told Norwin everything she had wanted to know.

So why?

Why does she have the Keyblade?

What makes her so special?

Her Master had always warned her of the Darkness. While he had not prescribed to the theory of overwhelming Light as the old Masters had, Norwin was painfully aware of where the negative thoughts could guide her if she weren’t careful. She’d drown. She’d keep falling, and falling, and falling, until her Heart was stolen away. But she couldn’t help the thoughts swimming through her head. Every attempt was met with a harsh detour towards the girl with her Keyblade.

It was hard to pretend like everything was okay when it clearly wasn’t. So when the Darkness had taken root, she embraced it with all the pride that she could muster. The disgust, the revulsion she felt didn’t matter in the grand scheme of things- not when it was replaced with the cool, clinical, methodical mind that Darkness had offered her.

“Isn’t it terrifying?” Norwin found herself asking that question, even as she settled against the column of the Coliseum with a bitter grin. She couldn’t believe the dumb look on that girl’s face either – like she was shocked for some reason, or maybe even annoyed at the implication that she’d be afraid of anything. Her words cut like a sharp blade though. She didn’t have to use her Eyes to see that. “You’re afraid of the Dark, I’m not.” Something that could be mocked, for the girl had the Keyblade, and Norwin didn’t.

She could see the disbelief, the anger, the slightest hint of fear splash into chocolate eyes, even as she gazed at them from the comfort of the shade. "I wonder why you're afraid of it. Do you think that-"

That was it, wasn't it? She had a bad experience with it. She was terrified of it. Norwin had to bite back the sharp coil of amusement that threatened to bubble at the back of her throat. She would've ended up laughing in the kid's face if she didn't have some form of restraint. "You're pathetic." Norwin sneered, unable to hide the complete and utter sensation of disgust that rose from her throat like bile. A slim finger pointed, accusing Suihei with not a single whit of sympathy. "Hope you got resolve, kid. It's not gonna stay with you if you don't."

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Strangely enough, I can relate to Norwin with her circumstances. I feel bad for her, because I know what it's like to work effortless for something only to see someone else rewarded for it instead. That'd infuriate anyone. In the meantime, it's really cool seeing her thought process, refusing to be used by others, but embracing the darkness, despite being warned she'd be drowned by it in the end. Her confrontation with Suihei is an exciting one to say the least! I hope for more of this soon. :D

Arcana-Key

Awards
Actually two pieces of work - originally, these were meant to be part of the final chapters of Destati - or, at the very least, meant to lead into the final Chapters. As it stands, I have a different vision in my head now, with more fluid dialogue and characterization - but I did like these a lot, so I've opted to just share them as they are.

Begin​.

Trinity ; Night in the Dark Dream / Forze Del Male
By me!

Cast into Darkness, Suihei woke to the sounds of waves lapping against the surface of sand. Swish, swish. The dull roar of waves soothed her, gave her enough of a reason to stand to her feet shakily and try not to stumble over herself. Her body disagreed with her for the few moments that it took her to regain her composure, causing her to steady an arm against the cool, uneven surface of a nearby wall.

A cave, of all places, seemed to be where she, Noxic and Nyx had woken up in- she could barely remember the sensation of the wave of Darkness that swallowed them crawling over her skin, only that they had managed to destroy the Mammon Machine. Did that mean--?!

Suihei ran outside the cave, paying little heed to the disgruntled groan from the Dark Lagomorph, and a soft reproach from Nyx. Once her eyes managed to catch sight of where they were, her eyes widened in disbelief. This definitely wasn't home of all places.

They'd made it.

It'd taken far too much time for any of their liking ; but the course of their journey had taken them all across the Worlds, exposing each member of the trio to sights both wondrous and despairing, taught each history that had been long abandoned to the winds of time.

'Is this finally it?' Suihei thought to herself as the sounds of her feet disturbing the sands beneath them caught her attention. Nervously, she lifted her eyes towards purple skies, obscured by cloying, dark black clouds with the occasional rumble of thunder causing her ears to ring. Normally she'd have a lot more confidence in herself- willing to jump head first into the situation, no matter what it may have been.

But now? Now it was a struggle for her to realize that they had made it this far, that they had finally reached their last destination.

"So, this is it, huh Sui?" Noxic's voice caused the sensation of foreboding that had settled into the pit of her stomach to fade away, leaving her to shoot a half-hearted smile towards him.

But they weren't alone, for a third voice- soft, almost like a ghost in comparison, answered the question without hesitance. "Yes, it is- it appears that this is the final stage. All of the pieces are in place." Nyx, though not as constant as Noxic in presence, had accompanied them as well. Whether because of obligation, or his own curiosity, Suihei had never figured out herself. But the fact of the matter was that they were all there, together, facing odds that initially seemed insurmountable with the strength and conviction needed to push on.

Suihei nodded in agreement, folding her arms over her chest. Eyes settled forward, affixing themselves on the several islets scattered across the seemingly endless sea of purple. "Yeah. . . but, if we defeat Seria, and the Worlds are going to be restored. What's gonna happen to this place? And-- more importantly, what's gonna happen to us?"

An somber silence settled between the three companions, before Noxic shook his head and punched his fist into the palm of his free hand. "That ain't nothin' t'worry about, Nyxie, Sui- cuz, I know that we'll find a way outta here one way or another, we're just that awesome!" Well, they were slightly less awesome than him, but anyone who could deal with him were definitely worth their weight in a grain of salt. Noxic's concern wasn't limited to only himself, even if he was poor at showing it. He didn't know if they'd live, or die. The same thought had crossed his friend's minds, despite their attempts to try to hide it. A swirl of energy in the distance caught Noxic's attention, causing him to point his finger in that direction. "Right there! Let's shoot for it."

Nyx was annoyed at the little nickname, but he could see the logic in that speech. He was trying to cheer them up, especially since Suihei's shoulders seemed to be heavy with the weight of the World at that moment. Noxic's instructions, if they could be called that, caused Nyx to peer from beneath his hood in curiosity. "Perhaps it would be for the best if we did head in that direction." He nodded in agreement.

They had finally reached the final act.

The End of the World.

'Just a little longer.' Suihei thought, bringing her left hand up across her heart. 'Just a little longer, and we'll be home.'

Proceeding forward through the terrain was a harrowing experience, Suihei decided. Though the ground seemingly had no sort of foundations, they had been able to move on without much of a disturbance for a fair few minutes. Yet that wasn't to last, as they had the misfortune to discover.

A large, dark orb fell from the skies. Suihei shielded her eyes in tandem with her friends from the bright purple light, blinking the small dots in her vision away in order to take in the sight of a rather gargantuan Heartless in front of her. A Behemoth of all things, certainly something she'd never seen in their wayward adventures along the worlds.

"Why can't we ever get a break--"She whined, Keyblade forming in her hand with a few grains of light. Surrounded entirely by Darkballs, Crimson Jazz and Shadows alongside big- mean, and ugly, the trio didn't so much as wait for a sign before all three of them darted off in opposite directions. Just in time, too, if the scorching earth where they previously stood said anything.

Nyx was the first to go on the offensive, saturating his claws with a mild blizzard spell. While certainly not the fastest of the group, to the naked eye it would appear that he'd simply blinked out of existence, courtesy of a minor teleportation spell. Rearing back his arms and tensing the muscles within, the Nobody dove from the portal to shear through the first Crimson Jazz with the magically enhanced blow.

Ice crawled from the wound, freezing the Heartless in a matter of seconds, before he lashed out with his right arm to send it into its fellow spellcasters. It shattered in a small explosion of glacial matter, and though it didn't freeze the other Crimson Jazzes, it did slow their movements enough for him to leap away from the mines of fire magic they'd laid down for him.

Twisting his body to just barely avoid a barrage of fireballs from the one to his immediate left, Nyx whispered a low Blizzaga beneath his breath, sending the Crimson Jazz hurtling away from him with an incredible amount of concussive force. Enough to send it hurtling some few feet away before the Heartlessimpacted the ground. Ice clusters burst from the area of impact, shearing through the near innumerable amount of Shadows that'd surrounded them before dissipating in a whirl of glacial wind that diced the second legion to bits.

Nyx was relentless, quickly following his landing up with a subconscious protect, absorbing the impact of yet another searing hot fireball that caused his dark fur to cinder for all but a few moments. The remaining Crimson Jazz, seeing that it potentially had him on edge, continued to batter the spell with fireball after fireball. Nyx's lips pinched in a frown. Clenching his fingers together, he tugged at the few invisible strings of mana feeding the spell, severing the tie to fire that it had in an instant.

If it were possible for a Heartless to be surprised, then would've been the time.

Sliding back from the sheer force of what was previously a fireball, Nyx quickly converted the formless mana into a bolt of lightning that cleaved through the earth beneath the Heartless. With the debris floating midair, Nyx hastily sharpened them into crude blades with a gust of wind. Lurching them forward with yet another silent gesture, countless blades of earth were guided to impact the remaining Crimson Jazz, knocking it right out of his striking range and some several feet away.

It just so happened to fall into Noxic's striking range, and the lagomorph was quick on the draw by gripping the hilt of his twin-edged scythe before twisting, causing one of the curved ends of the weapon to straighten out like the head of a spear. Dark flames formed on both edges, enhancing his already formidable striking power further while he pivoted on his heel to lash out with the curved sickle of his blade.

Momentum played a key role on maintaining his advantage over the Heartless that had surrounded them. Like Nyx, he'd jumped straight into the fray with twin-ended scythe slashing and dicing. With sheer speed along, the weapon simply looked to be a circle of black and red in his hands, though the Darkballs remained persistent in avoiding his blows.

Just as quickly as he moved, they'd turn into mist, taunting him by circling around, then rapidly darting forward to chomp at him. Noxic's lips were quirked into a frenzied grin of excitement, eyes alight in mirth as he caught the Darkball's maw on the shaft of his weapon. Darkness rose off of his body, coalescing into a burst of power that cleared the air around enough for his legs to tense and leap forward.

"Whoohoo!" He cried in exuberance, Darkness flowing freely through his body as he cracked down with a punch. It might've hurt, a lot to feel teeth clench around his wrist and grind in, but Noxic continued to push forward with his legs, shoulders tensing like a spring before his fist sheared through the Darkball with such unfathomable force that a spear of dark fire burst from the edges of his enclosed fist.

He'd gotten better, much, much better in comparison to the unrefined style he had before. Skidding to a halt, the lagomorph offered Nyx a cocky grin, dusting his hands off with an almost nonchalant gesture. Setting his reformed weapon onto his shoulders, his crimson eyes eventually flicked over to see how their so-called 'leader' was doing.

Focus. Suihei reminded herself harshly, weaving between the seemingly innumerable Shadows that teemed beneath her feet. She'd had more than enough time with her Keyblade to remember the motions. Rapid slashes tore through the initial wave of Heartless like wet paper, releasing their Hearts in bright motes of pink.

A twirl of the Kingfisher caused starbursts of light to begin accumulating at the teeth of the weapon, before it exploded forward in several rays of searing light and heat that devoured the Heartless that'd surrounded her for all of those few grueling seconds.

Rubbing her heel against the ground, Suihei fell forward into a roll to avoid the Shadow that leaped for her with its claws poised for a deadly strike. With another flick of the wrist, she lashed out against the belly of the Heartless, and with another flick of her free hand she sprung back onto her feet, charging forward while slashing the heartless with her keyblade in fluid gestures.

What they'd all really had been looking at was the Behemoth collecting energy at the top of its horn – the scent of ozone permeated throughout the air, causing goosebumps to rise on all of their skin. Suihei's eyes widened slightly, once she noticed the monstrous orb of dark lightning blending together at the tip of the Behemoth's horn. With nothing guiding her but her instincts, she hurled the Keyblade forward with all of her might, enhancing it with a burst of light that sent it singing through the air in an attempt to dispel the dark orb before it was released.

Nyx, seeing what she was attempting, just as quickly funneled his own power into the hurtling weapon, causing vines of nothingness to spiral alongside it. Noxic was also as quick, throwing his own arm forward to enhance the weapon careening through the skies with a pulse of darkness. It was like a comet through the night sky, leaving behind a trail of Light, Shadow and Nothing in a radiant blur that tore through the dark orb with enough force to cause it to destabilize and implode in on itself.

Grasping her Keyblade in her hands once it returned to her, Suihei offered naught but a sigh of relief. "Oh man if that wasn't something—" She grumbled, turning around to face the cat and feline with a cheeky grin. This wasn't as bad as she thought! Sure, there were still all sorts of crazy things here, and it definitely wasn't something she'd wish on anyone, but it wasn't even that hard! "See that? That's what I call unlocking a can of-"

Her boast was cut off by Noxic pushing her shoulder hard enough for her to nearly lose her footing and Nyx's own bemused shake of the head. How did he end up stuck with such children, again? It was endlessly amusing for the Nobody, who had spent eons alone – hunted down for what he was, yet never losing the will to survive. Now was no different, though suddenly, his ears stood erect at the sound of air displacing itself. "What is—"

Nyx's observation was cut off by an explosion of energy that knocked all three party members onto their backsides. The implosion of darkness that had completely eradicated the behemoth hadn't ended, itself. Instead, it rapidly began to expand, flowing out in an explosion of pure force that caused Noxic's eyes to widen. "Sui! Look out!"

Suihei hardly heard Noxic's sharp cry of her name, until she turned around. Her eyes widened in fear at the wave of darkness rushing their way. Catching Nyx's hand in hers at the last second, Suihei didn't so much as notice the fact that Noxic had manage to shield the both of them in his arms. Being separated wasn't something that would benefit any of them, especially when he was probably the only one that could tear them out of oblivion.

"Hang on!" Noxic hissed, holding them both to his chest and tugging on the inner reserves of power sleeping within him. It wasn't easy for him to change the intent behind the Darkness sent after them – which was to eliminate into warp. Suihei had long since succumb to her exhaustion Winded and short of breath, the lagomorph's fortitude eventually gave out beneath the constant downpour of pitch black waves against them.

The Darkness embraced them, and into its depths, did they fall.

Darkness.

Darkness was everywhere. As far as the eye can see ; it grasped at her throat, attempting to snuff the life out of her with its frigid touch. It nipped at her heels, ate her Heart, and caused the briefest sensation of nothing to grasp at her for all for a few moments.

Suihei awoke with a gasp. She attempted to rouse the pitiful vestiges of memory that drudged through her mind unreasonably slow. It was like she’d been dipped into sludge, submerged in fragmented thoughts and untrustworthy, fleeting flashes that were barely retained. “What-“ Her voice was dry to her own ears. Weighed down with the grogginess that came from exhaustion, Suihei could make neither heads nor tails of where she’d ended up. “Noxic? Nyx?” Her call went unanswered. Fear seized her heart in its ice-cold grip. Suihei stood to her feet faster than what she thought possible, causing vertigo to take her just as fast. Desperately, she scrabbled around for something, anything to lean on. Anything that could support her weight, anything that’d make the cold, dreadful feeling that’d settled into her heart fade away.

What if they’d gotten hurt? What if they were—

No, it was for the best if she didn’t think like that. Suihei strengthened her resolve with an iron Will, waiting until the vertigo that attempted to topple her over to fade away. The best way to get this done was to find them, and the best way to find them was to push on through the Darkness, no matter how petrified she was of it. ‘I need to find them.’ It was a thought to keep her wits about her. A mantra to keep her wits about her, and an attempt to give herself hope. It wouldn’t be worth anything if she panicked somewhere that reeked of Darkness. There was no telling what was sleeping here, after all.

Suihei gave a scrutinizing gaze for but a few moments. What had happened, anyways? They’d landed in some place where all the Worlds had gone when devoured by Darkness- ‘End of the World’ she reminded herself absently – and had fought their way through a veritable maelstrom of Heartless bent on devouring them. Giving herself a second to adjust, the Keybearer willed her Keyblade into existence without much of a thought. A swirl of light and air surrounded her hands with a burbling warmth, releasing the tension that she hadn’t known had settled into her after the broad reprieve.

It was dark. She couldn’t see anything besides the pale, luminescent glow of a few craggy lights in the distance, so she supposed that it was her best bet. More than standing around, at least. As she slowly began to work her way through the Dark Realm, Suihei continued to remind herself of all of the friends that she had made over her journey. From Tiana, to Lilo and Stitch – Lightning, and Vanille- Tina, and even Pocahontas, and Arthur and Merlin and everyone else who had accepted her help along the way. “They’ll give me strength.” She murmured, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Suihei continued forward, walking down the slope of the small platform that she had woke upon. She crossed her Keyblade over her shoulder, maintaining her stride even as the darkness surrounding her seemed to quiver with light. The jostling of her keychain was the only reminder that she wasn’t entirely alone, that she still had something to do. ‘Don’t lose yourself here. You have to stay focused, find Nox and Nyx—and get outta here as soon as possible. Maybe even set up some ice-cream when you get back home.’ She desperately tried to keep herself from getting afraid, but the complete loneliness that gripped at her was asphyxiating.

She couldn’t stand the thought of sitting around like a duck for too long, so it was an unwelcome surprise when her senses picked up a quiver of something at the edge of her periphery. Her eyes flicked around rapidly, attempting to catch sight of what could not or would not be seen. Only through quick reflexes, did she manage to bring the Kingdom Key up at the last second, sending up a shower of sparks as claws met metal for but a few seconds.

Deftly, she skirted out of the way of the next swipe, then weaved between the elongated fingers of the Shadows leaping for her in droves. Suihei cut them down rapidly, attempting to conserve as much energy as possible by using as few basic techniques as she could. She pivoted on her heel, clenching her eyes shut as she felt the a set of frigid claws that’d stepped through her guard manage to lash at her calf- that Shadow was subsequently kicked with enough force to disperse it into black smoke.

“Cure.” She whispered beneath her breath, taking little note to how the Keychain at the end of her weapon had changed form again – the inclusion of a crown, sapphire and glimmering with an inner light atop the odd ‘tri-circle symbol’ that she’d grown accustomed to, made it seem all the brighter in the Dark Realm. Steel dark as night and light as dawn glimmered at the edge of her periphery, and, like the realm around her, the boundaries between silver and black were interrupted by a blue line that seemed to glimmer with an inner power.

Suihei barely managed to catch sight of this change, and by the time she had, it seemed as if she had been tearing through an entire swarm of Heartless for hours on end. It was really no less than ten minutes, but they just kept coming and coming that she found the fear that had gripped her earlier continued to persist. ‘No. I have to find them first, Her friends, they’d give her all the strength that she needed! With an unnaturally serious expression on her youthful countenance, Suihei whirled on her heel again, drawing a deep breath in order to steel her rattled nerves.

Countless Shadows, Neoshadows, and even a Shadow Stalker rattled around her. It almost seemed hopeless, but . . .

I’m not gonna give up, not until the very end!

She’d tear her way through this Realm of Darkness, even if she lost her Heart doing it! She could sense that blasted machine anyways- whirring in the distance. Presumably with whoever had started this entire mess at the head of it.

Good. As soon as she found that person, she was gonna put this new Key to use, but until then? She had a bit of testing to do.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Wow, they've come a long way with their journey. Poor Suihei getting separated near the end from Noxic and Nyx. I imagine this will be the final confrontation before she's reunited with Nyx and Noxic. And potentially returning back to her home world all safe and sound, reuniting with old friends and beloved ones. It was fun seeing what Suihei, Nyx, and Noxic could do as a team. Again, you can tell how dire and tense of a situation they're in. I really like the way they tried to cheer each other up instead of letting fear overtake them. Loved this chapter a lot, Arcana-Key. <3

Arcana-Key

Awards
Wow, they've come a long way with their journey. Poor Suihei getting separated near the end from Noxic and Nyx. I imagine this will be the final confrontation before she's reunited with Nyx and Noxic. And potentially returning back to her home world all safe and sound, reuniting with old friends and beloved ones. It was fun seeing what Suihei, Nyx, and Noxic could do as a team. Again, you can tell how dire and tense of a situation they're in. I really like the way they tried to cheer each other up instead of letting fear overtake them. Loved this chapter a lot, Arcana-Key. <3

Oh gosh thank you so much! ;u;

Like I said, this was a scrapped pair of things that I did before I opted to make it a story, so you never know how things may change from the product~ It's definitely the end-game of the story though. If I had to give it a number, it'd be the 20th(???) and last chapter before the final fight and epilogue. I think the realm of darkness is a place where you have to be nervous at - especially Suihei, who really does have a lot of issues with the stuff that I'll definitely be covering in the story at a later date!

Arcana-Key

Awards
Originally a snippet based on Suihei as an adult post-adventures ; I had intended, really, for her to lose her Keyblade once the Destati series ended, looking at these old notes. For that reason, two years ago, I'd settled down and focused on writing something focusing on her adulthood living a life on her own. However, this has long since changed and ideas have long since been tinkered with until I was satisfied with the post-Destati path.

Just what may happen is a secret though~

Begin​.

Trinity ; Homecoming
By me!

Her life had always been complex ; at least, she liked to believe that there was a certain complexity to it that made it a mite bit tougher to get through, but rewarding all the same. She had done a lot of things, of course - from saving the multiverse ( twice ) to almost dying ( more than twice ), to making the very first bonds of her life that were outside of her immediate family. Looking back on the days of her youth, she can't help but muse on the fact on how far she had grown since that day, almost a decade ago.

First obscured by Darkness, then Blinded by Light.

Contemplating it was a pointless endeavor, though it humours her all the same. She thought about it, of course- when everything returned to normal, and she was left to her own devices while her best friends, her companions sought other venues to satisfy their lives. At times, she thought of them as well, though never long enough that her Heart got bogged down with emotion at the two that had helped shape her into the woman she was today. So many things had changed since then, though, that never occurred to stick to her mind either. Subconsciously, perhaps, she draws her hand up to the lucky charm hidden beneath her dress shirt that she had spent the bettermost months crafting, imbuing with the magic that she'd never let these children know was real, in the hopes of maintaining that connection to Her Boys.

Because that's what they were at the end of the day, though she'd never admit that either.

Fingers drumming against her desk, hazel eyes glance over the rim of her glasses towards the hopeful, youthful faces staring at her - "Summer Vacation is soon. I would hope that you all retain your knowledge from this year, and if not, well . . . " She can't help but give a tiny giggle beneath the curl of her fist, irises alight in amusement at the almost despairing expressions of the youths that, at one point she would've avoided with the entirety of her being.

' Yeah, yeah, you're just avoidin' people because y'er scared of gettin' hurt. What's that gonna do, huh? People used ta hurt me all the time, and I ain't break down. ' But those words left a mark and . . . despite their little group breaking apart, she cherished them when she had finally settled home. "You can always ask me for help." She keenly observes the reactions of her students when she says this - some leaping up in excitement ( much to her amusement ) and others fidgeting in their seats. Placing her hand against her desk, she can't help but give a cheerful grin towards the occupants of her room. At the ring of the bell, she extends her hand to the door with an almost wistful expression, listening to the cacophony of students leaping out of their chairs ( knocking a few over, much to her ire ) in order to make their escape. Reigning in the initial desire to yell at her students to return and pick up her chairs, she gives a glance around the room for just a moment, making sure no one was around before rolling her wrist to send a flutter of wind throughout the room and slide the seats back into place.

Her days often went like this at the end of the year, times where she'd spend a few moments letting her imagination take hold of her - maybe Nyx and Noxic had gotten married like she'd always teased when she was a bright eyed child! Or maybe they'd tended to business on their own, like she'd thought they did. After all, neither had returned their own charms, so she figured the Worlds were relatively safe without her. Warm air greeted her as she exited the school building, pencil-wrap skirt giving the tiniest of flutter whilst loose spikes of hair swayed a bit. Really, she couldn't be happier for tying her hair into a bun - made things a lot more convenient whenever she had to deal with the humid days of twilight town's upcoming Summer season.

Well! There was no point in wondering about it! The comfort of strolling home was definitely one that she had always cherished. Something that she was never exactly able to do freely once she became an adult ( well, it was one of the many things she hadn't been allowed to do since becoming an adult. Eugh, obligations. ) was take her time with things, though even now, as she walked down the road to her home ( for home was where the heart was, and she'd never forget her Grandmother telling her that.

Suihei quickly gathers her bearings, however, once she manages to slip into her home for the last half-decade. It'd be nice, for sure - being able to pay her own bills ( and sell a few trinkets she'd collected from other Worlds when she was younger ) was always a lucrative way of keeping her Savings afloat. After going through her post work routine ( that was, feeding her cat, tossing her bag into a corner, let her hair out of its bun and putting it in a high ponytail - went the same every day! ) she settles down on her couch and leans back with all the nonchalance of someone who has nothing but time on her hand. And really, she would've enjoyed having some time to herself with a bowl of chocolate mint ice-cream if it weren't for the fact that someone found it convenient to give the door a sharp rap of the knuckles.

Abrasive and eager enough for her to groan, slide out of her chair, and stride to the door with an expression that just barely retained it's mask of politeness when she almost ( almost ) tore the door off of its hinges to great whomever deemed it appropriate to visit her when she was supposed to be having /her/ time.

Really, the impish grin and subdued smile were so much of a surprise that whatever firm words ( see ; slew of curses ) had been brewing on her lips mere seconds before.

Thoughtlessly, she engulfs both figures in a bone-crushing hug that had only gotten stronger ( though . . far more subdued ) than it had been a decade previous.

" Ack! C'mon Sui, d'ya really- hey, hey, no, stop cryin', come on! " " Look at what you did, you made Suihei Something cry-- " "Oi, don't place the blame on me! You're the one who decided-" Their argument was cut off by her speaking, and both pairs of eyes - both red and pale, pale blue, flit over to gaze upon her.

" You're back . . . " Her voice wavers, for a moment, as though emotion was trying to make it as difficult as possible to get the words out. But she wasn't crying. Because she never cries without a good reason too, and this wasn't a good reason, this was just--

" Welcome home. "​

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm really happy with this sneak peek chapter, because seeing a more grown up version of Suihei makes me think there's a happy ending for her and her companions after many long adventures protecting worlds and creating bonds everywhere. I actually like how Suihei manages to act more mature for her age and cares a lot about her students. Overall, it was great to read. :D

Arcana-Key

Awards
A snippet done as an art trade taking place around a year after the yet to be done Act 2.
For the sake of Destati's flow, I treat Final Fantasy stories as different Worlds- every so often, at least.
It's a weird thing I haven't worked out just yet.

Begin​.

Suihei&Norwin ; Real Emotion
By me!

Norwin had never considered the ideas of her sometimes ally, sometimes rival, to be stupid. At least, not often. When Suihei gave an idea that seemed out there, she tried not to mind it. Heck, she managed to get roped into a few times.

But this? “You want me to what?” She didn’t truly asked. It was more like she was demanding the answer from the brunette’s lips. Suihei smiled at her awkwardly, fingers deftly working through the semi-spiked brown locks that crowned her hair in an attempt to tame the messy strands. Hesitation wrote Itself clear on the slightly shorter girl’s face. While obviously wanting to answer, she seemed apprehensive about reiterating the point of their little ‘assignment’ that they were to intervene with.

“We’re helping the girls catch some identity thief.” Suihei clarified. If she tried looking like she was being serious, it didn’t work. Far, far too laid back to even help with that. ‘The Girls’ in question, however, happened to be a trinity of sphere hunters that settled on the World that Suihei and Nor had decided to visit.

What was supposed to be a checkup on friends, incidentally turned into an entire debacle that involved, well… “But dancing?” Not that Nor was bad at it. She excelled at it, even. But the garish décor, from the knee high boots, to ruffled shirt, to a skirt that was almost indignantly short, proved enough to get the redhead griping. “Is it really smart to be doing that? I mean, I know you don’t think often, but c’mon, Sui.” Not to mention, Nor didn’t have time to think about where they had even managed to get the costumes from. It wasn’t even magic. Some short kid in a weird costume had just called them Garment Grids and tossed them to the duo so they could figure it out.

Nor hated going at someone else’s pace.

Suihei paused in the middle of putting an earring in, one of her brown eyebrows arched incredulously. “Yuna asked us to do it, so why shouldn’t we?” There was a volume of trust there that was unspoken anyways. The former Summoner was definitely a girl that could convince people. Something about that smile was so disarming with its meek friendliness that it was fairly obvious that Suihei had been roped in by her own kindness. “And besides, it isn’t like you haven’t done anything that was a little, y’know. Rash.”

Nor brushed the statement off, grabbing Suihei by her wrist and dragging her along behind her. Suihei hissed beneath her breath in response. A curse almost bubbling from her lips at the other girl’s seemingly stoic demeanor cracking with heat. “Watch it-!” It was when they came to a stop at a staircase, that Nor let Suihei’s wrist go. “Do you even remember what we’re supposed to do?” It was only because she was drawing blanks, that Suihei bothered to ask. She was more excited about participating in a show, than actually doing a mission.

Sure, helping people was always fun, but in the year and some change that they’d defeated The Order, she hadn’t done much. It was a shame to admit it, but she’d missed adventuring more than anything in the World.

They’d been directed a studio of some sorts. One of the biggest in all of Spira. Nor mentally recited the instructions in her head again. “Don’t cause too much of a distraction, just infiltrate the show.” She reminded Suihei, who was rolling a wrist in the opposite hand. Nor smirked. Served her right for getting distracted. “And create an opening for the girls. We’re backup.” It was for that reason that she and her fellow Keybearer had been regulated to actually using their talents to erm, dance their way to victory. Glancing over her shoulder warily to make sure that nobody was following them. Loud and clear. “Try not to steal the show this time.”

As she looked ahead, Nor could make out the corridors because of the fluorescent lighting, if only just barely. All it took was a little focusing, and they’d find their way. The earpieces that they’d been given buzzed with static. Suihei glanced over, lips pursing in a pout while her left hand rose up to her ear. “Are you girls in position?” A voice bubbled from the other end. Bright as the sun, and cheerful as can be.

Rikku.

You wouldn’t believe that she’d just got done dragging an unconscious body into an empty hall.

It had taken a few minutes for the duo to walk into the small assortment of backup dancers. Suihei responded hastily as they settled behind two men. “Yep! Just got onto the platform.” She whispered under her breath. It was best if they failed to bring attention to themselves, so Nor and Suihei had split on opposite ends.

Nor confirmed it with a drawling sigh of her own, fingers drumming against her folded arms. “We’re here.”

“Right. Oh, and before I forget-“ Rikku giggled beneath her breath. Both girls could hear her adjust her mic, along with a mutter that sounded suspiciously like ‘I can’t believe I forgot.’ The staccato of her flats hitting against stone picking up as she accelerated into a jog. “- you guys know how to use Garment Grids, right?” Their silence was apparently quite telling. “No? Well, I’ll make sure to go over it with you guys when this assignment is done. Promise.”

Nor glanced over to Suihei once more. There was no way that they’d fail at something this simple, right? It was an easy job. In and out. Just make sure that whoever’d been stupid enough to steal Yuna’s identity was brought to light. For some reason, that sounded easier said than done. ‘Good luck.’ Suihei mouthed, shooting Nor a thumbs up.

Cogs began to grind together as the platform that they were on slowly began ascending. Sharp light peeking through the cracks of the parting opening blinded Nor for a second. The cheer of the crowd around them was like a mountain of noise, roaring so loud that Nor just barely caught the whisper from the other end of the mic.

“ Y.R.P. in position. It’s showtime, girls.”​

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Oh my gosh, this is my absolute favorite snippet you've done yet! I love YRP so much and it's my favorite FF game to play! Suihei and Nor working together to help take back Yuna's stolen identity would be awesome! Now I really hope there's a fanart of Suihei dressed in that kind of getup, because boy oh boy, it's so awesome! You got me all hyped up seeing them work together to help out. This was awesome in all sorts of portions. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back