• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Recording Begins for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What are the odds that Square announces that the game will have a worldwide release date on March 14th? I mean honestly, how long can it possibly take to localize this game. All they really need to do is the voice acting for the 358/2 cut scenes.
Realistically.... low.
They need to translate more than just Days, not to mention they have to finish recording it and make sure the words match up with the mouths.
They also have to promote it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, but it's not like they have to re-dub KH1 and Chain of Memories? Can't they just like recycle the voice acting they used in the original KH FM and Re:CoM?

That would be a lazy-ass way out after all the effort they already put in this collection.
Not to forget that this version has completely new Japanese voicebanks for KH 1 FM and Re: CoM.

That would be a lazy-ass way out after all the effort they already put in this collection.
Not to forget that this version has completely new Japanese voicebanks for KH 1 FM and Re: CoM.

Yeah, so I honestly don't see how that would be a problem, cause whats the difference between re doing it and using the original. Won't it just come out exactly the same. It's not being lazy, its being efficient.

Riku/Sora-Rule

Honestly I think they should just recycle the old voices. I for one don't want to hear Osment's current voice for Sora in KH1. I feel the younger innocent sounding voice is better for Sora (at least in that game). and I've said this before, I don't like Epcar as Ansem SoD. I think they should keep Zane's voice, I know he won't be back for the future of the series, but at least give him his original credit!

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Most stuff they probably will recycle guys. It's the new stuff from Final Mix and the collection itself that will get actors in.

Solus94

This has nothing to do with localization. The Japanese version of the game uses English voices.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This has nothing to do with localization. The Japanese version of the game uses English voices.
They've already explained that they're switching the English voices from the original Final Mix back to the Japanese dub.

Dude.. You really know how to tease us fans! Can't wait until the official announcement! :D And it feels a little srtrange that it wasn't Richard Epcar that "announced" the voice acting thing this time too.

Epcar never violates the NDA. He's usually the first to say something once that is no longer an existing issue though.

What are the odds that Square announces that the game will have a worldwide release date on March 14th? I mean honestly, how long can it possibly take to localize this game. All they really need to do is the voice acting for the 358/2 cut scenes. Realistically though im predicting a late june or early july release in America.

I do agree with that predicted release date overseas, but there is far more content that just the addition of the Days scenes, which you don't seem to be aware of. Anyone can perform a rushed job, but who would want to when they're sacrificing quality and all their hard work for it?

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

I wonder if the japanese version will have an english voice option for Days? If so then mine as well get the Japanese version. I can deal with text

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Lolz, by now Jesse McCartney is the inofficial whistleblower for the western KH fandom on localization news.

Guess it's better to bet on either Roxas or Ventus (or both) in most of the future games so Jesse can spill the beans again.

I'm really grateful that we have someone that those that, it's really nice to be reassured that the games are getting localized. Also this is kinda free promo to hype up the fanbase.

I'm thinking the same thing. He needs to be in all the future games, his help is needed.

It isn't that strange though as Jesse McCartney is known to blurt out his involvement in KH games. This is like the third or fourth time. *ggg*.

I think he has a habit of leaking information of projects he works on. If I'm not mistaking he revealed a little of what was to happen in season two of a show he worked on and the show hadn't even gotten past the half way point of season one.

Not this time around, the Japanese version uses Japanese voices. So seeing that KH1.5 is in Japanese in Japan this is a big hint to localization.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
This is the most exciting news, but I don't have a PS3 :(

There's still time. Even if you don't buy a PS3 on time for 1.5's release date, I presume 2.5 and III will be on the very same system so it'll be very easy to catch up.

Lenneth

Awards
Waaa Jesse! you're amazing!!! you made a loooooot of people happy with this, and i'm sure you know it!!!!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Jesse McCartney: Revealing game localizations since Kingdom Hearts II

That was an earlier mistranslation. The Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is in Japanese only.

roxaven

I'm glad that Jesse broke the rules! >:)
I really hope that its released in the US by this summer, I'll have all the time in the world to play and drive my dad crazy.
He already knows my love for Kingdom Hearts.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Honestly I think they should just recycle the old voices. I for one don't want to hear Osment's current voice for Sora in KH1. I feel the younger innocent sounding voice is better for Sora (at least in that game). and I've said this before, I don't like Epcar as Ansem SoD. I think they should keep Zane's voice, I know he won't be back for the future of the series, but at least give him his original credit!

Remember that Re:CoM is also included in the game, which already has Sora's much older voice. If they do re-record all of Osment's lines, it might be because of the inconsistency of playing KH1, and then playing Re:CoM right after (which takes place seconds after KH1) and to have Sora's voice dropped immensely in those seconds.

I wonder if the japanese version will have an english voice option for Days? If so then mine as well get the Japanese version. I can deal with text

Considering the game will be out in a little more than a month and they are still recording English voices now that is unlikely, plus I think they already said that one will be Japanese only.

I'm glad that Jesse broke the rules! >:)
I really hope that its released in the US by this summer, I'll have all the time in the world to play and drive my dad crazy.
He already knows my love for Kingdom Hearts.

I don't think Jesse knows anything about Kingdom Hearts actually, who its fans are, or how much they like Kingdom Hearts. He might know as much as IGN does (next to nothing...)

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Where did this idea that they're re-recording all lines in KH1 and Re:CoM come from?

Considering the game will be out in a little less than a month and they are still recording English voices now that is unlikely, plus I think they already said that one will be Japanese only.
*Little more than a month.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I was under the impression that it was coming to NA simply because Japan already had Final Mix, so it wouldn't make sense for them to re release it there. That would be so stupid, though SE has been pretty stupid lately. *coughFF:AlltheBravestcough* At least they're doing something smart. But Jesse... man. You're lucky you're the only one capable of playing Roxas. They would fire your ass in a minute. (excuse the expletives.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back