• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Recording Begins for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I was under the impression that it was coming to NA simply because Japan already had Final Mix, so it wouldn't make sense for them to re release it there. That would be so stupid, though SE has been pretty stupid lately. *coughFF:AlltheBravestcough* At least they're doing something smart. But Jesse... man. You're lucky you're the only one capable of playing Roxas. They would fire your ass in a minute. (excuse the expletives.)

I think the main point of the HD Remixes isn't even for the FM content but rather the chance to have people catch up on a series with too many games across too many consoles before KH3 to help its sales while also generating more fans and cash for SE.

Also, don't forget he plays Ventus haha xP

Riku/Sora-Rule

Remember that Re:CoM is also included in the game, which already has Sora's much older voice. If they do re-record all of Osment's lines, it might be because of the inconsistency of playing KH1, and then playing Re:CoM right after (which takes place seconds after KH1) and to have Sora's voice dropped immensely in those seconds.

Well maybe it's just because that's how we played it, but I think I got used to his voice being so deep for Re:CoM that it doesn't affect me in the way hearing his new voice might sounds as sora in KHFM. Maybe just the fact that his youth combined with that being the first adventure it seems way more fitting for it to be a Pre-pubescent voice. I can't explain it. I just feel it'd be best to recycle them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was under the impression that it was coming to NA simply because Japan already had Final Mix, so it wouldn't make sense for them to re release it there.

The idea for Japan isn't to let them play FM, but to just eliminate the console spread issue. Same goes for NA/EU/PAL except we get the perk of finally getting the FMs.

That would be so stupid, though SE has been pretty stupid lately. *coughFF:AlltheBravestcough*

I'm not really defending SE on that because it was probably the worst thing they've ever did, but the game was made with a bit of love at least. The sprite work is amazing, the concept was wacky and fun-sounding, and the bios they include are the most hilarious things a FF fan could lay their eyes on. If the game wasn't littered with In-App Purchases, it would have just been another silly thing to enjoy and not something everybody wants to see burn.

But Jesse... man. You're lucky you're the only one capable of playing Roxas. They would fire your ass in a minute. (excuse the expletives.)

Would SE really fire a voice actor that does an amazing job and people adore over some pictures and a video of him making some grunts? The game is going to come out eventually and we'll see all of this stuff they are being so secretive about, so it isn't even that serious. I understand they have plans laid out ahead of time and revealing stuff early can sometimes negatively affect those plans, but fans were getting pretty agitated over the lack of localization info on this game even though the game isn't even out in Japan yet.

With how upset fans are right now over Type-0 and BDFF silence, this was definitely something pleasant that people could be anticipated about and anticipation is never bad.

It's also the sound director and whoever else was in the control room's fault as well for not stopping Jesse (and I think he was there with somebody.) They were staring right at him as he took the pictures and video.

Jesse is notorious for blabbing, though. He probably just got a reprimand, was told to not do it again, and remove the proof. If anything it should be a running gag now considering how this is the third game he's leaked via twitter.

"Oh, that Jesse! What'll we do with him? *mock sigh* *exaggerated shrug*"

Kooldude70

Wait... But don't the Final Mix versions of the games have North American voice acting? So how can we be sure that he's not just recording for the Japanese release?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait... But don't the Final Mix versions of the games have North American voice acting? So how can we be sure that he's not just recording for the Japanese release?
They've specified in previous media coverage that the English voices from Final Mix will be switched back to Japanese. Also he's recording for the Days Theater Mode segment. Jesse has no lines in KHFM.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
They've specified in previous media coverage that the English voices from Final Mix will be switched back to Japanese. Also he's recording for the Days Theater Mode segment. Jesse has no lines in KHFM.

Point me out if I'm wrong, but shouldn't that mean that EU/US versions should release sooner than the Japanese version, or at least at the same time of its release? I just hope they won't hold out on the release to promote it at E3 in June...the wait will be unbearable.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't imagine we'll have to wait long for it, but I doubt we'll be getting it earlier.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm hoping late July or early August because September would be pushing it. That'd be six months after the Japanese release, and last time we had a long release window like that was Birth By Sleep. Most of that time wasn't even spent on the localizing process.

Point me out if I'm wrong, but shouldn't that mean that EU/US versions should release sooner than the Japanese version, or at least at the same time of its release? I just hope they won't hold out on the release to promote it at E3 in June...the wait will be unbearable.

No.

It won't be anytime soon. If they are still doing the recording sessions then they have to complete those, do the appropriate sound mixing, lip sync the cutscenes, ESRB board rating, set a date for launch, take in reception from the Japanese release if there are issues that need to be patched, quality assurance testing, promotion, print the game, ship it to stores. That can take some time.

kingmickey88

I'm hoping late July or early August because September would be pushing it. That'd be six months after the Japanese release, and last time we had a long release window like that was Birth By Sleep. Most of that time wasn't even spent on the localizing process.

No.

It won't be anytime soon. If they are still doing the recording sessions then they have to complete those, do the appropriate sound mixing, lip sync the cutscenes, ESRB board rating, set a date for launch, take in reception from the Japanese release if there are issues that need to be patched, quality assurance testing, promotion, print the game, ship it to stores. That can take some time.

so, what you are saying is that it won't be out until summer or fall at the most

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
so, what you are saying is that it won't be out until summer or fall at the most

I don't see it being Spring, so yeah. SE's getting the Japanese game out just a bit before their fiscal year-end financial report in March, and Tomb Raider is also getting a March release. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is supposed to relaunch sometime during this first half of the year. That leaves the second half of the year wide open at the moment with the information given so far.

If SE wants FFXIV:ARR to be successful, they will probably put most of their attention on marketing it before its relaunch.

Their new fiscal year starts April, and the second half of the year starts in July. So anytime between July and September is the best window for Kingdom Hearts.

Geass2015

Do you guys think that kingdom hearts 2.5. Remix will be on ps4 because is should be coming out this winter and KH 2.5 should be coming out the summer of 2014.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Do you guys think that kingdom hearts 2.5. Remix will be on ps4 because is should be coming out this winter and KH 2.5 should be coming out the summer of 2014.

The PS4 will not be coming out this winter? While it's obvious the console is in development, we know nothing about it and there hasn't be an official announcement on it. Even if it's show off at this year's E3 it probably wouldn't see a release until mid to late 2014.

Geass2015

If you go to the ign website there predicitions are that the ps4 will be out this winter because all the big games are coming in the first half of 2013 and the second half is pretty much empty.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If you go to the ign website there predicitions are that the ps4 will be out this winter because all the big games are coming in the first half of 2013 and the second half is pretty much empty.

IGN also said that Jesse may have been referring to KHIII as as the "next chapter" from his original tweet. I'd take things they say with a grain of salt unless there are sources elsewhere backing it up.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Even if the PS4 is released in winter, companies aren't going to rush to give it a ton of support and drop their PS3 developments. The PS3 has a pretty large user base and they will want to support them for as long as possible.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

The whole point of these collections is probably to have them on the same platform. Splintering them like that would be dumb and useless, and I'm sure the PS4 will be backwards compatible anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back