• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Red-Eyed Unknown

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
CAN Nightmares manifest themselves in the real world?

Possibly under very specific and certain circumstances that would have something to do with what happens in DDD because if they could always manifest themselves, I find it shocking they didn't appear yet. If anything, I would think it has something to do with keyholes if they can even manifest themselves, and I only see that happening if dream eaters become so popular among SE that they do not want to have them in just one game.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
ok ppl listen the red eye unknown has Nightmare eyes we all kno that its not an unversed or heartless or anything this is a nightmare hooded figure and we will find out more about this some time soon

So then does that mean HotD is a Nightmare, too?

No.

The eyes could be a Nightmare, but there's also the same likelihood the figure could be anything from a Nightmare to a doll form of Xion to HotD to Sora's Darkness, to anything.

Don't be so certain since it's so vague it could be anything.

strugglechamp

I have no idea what that thing is, but it scares me. Regardless of what it is, we're probably gonna have to fight it in the game. And it looks scary and tough.
Anotherreplica.png

Lonbilly

Awards
I have no idea what that thing is, but it scares me. Regardless of what it is, we're probably gonna have to fight it in the game. And it looks scary and tough.

Imagine that, but mid-battle this popping out.

images

That's scary.

strugglechamp

Imagine that, but mid-battle this popping out.

images

That's scary.

When I really get into a game,like kingdom hearts I get really scared when I have to fight certain bosses. Like in BBS, when I fought MS or the dragon. Anyway, I just get that feeling when I look at that thing. Oh, and Ive never played final mix

Lonbilly

Awards
A larger Heartless popping out concealed from the jacket? And here my first thought was Vivi, but that does make more sense. And it would be an amazing surprise in a battle.

Especially since that would mean something happened for HotD to come from the RoD to the RoS, and that it has some relevance to the plot now.

I'd love it.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Okay, what is HotD?
And if REU is is RE, thet wouldn't be surprising.
I mean, Riku can summon Anti Sora heartlesses. If some heartless [Xehanort, Sora, Kairi?] ar smart enough to think and plan and act on their own [in human form] why not this one?
Andhy not put a Org cleak on it? If it keeps the darkness out, it keps the darkness in.

Absolute

HotD is Hunter of the Dark, the new heartless boss Aqua faces in the Dark Realm in BBSFM. There is no official name for him, but his battle music is officially known as 'Hunter of the Dark,' which fits considering his fighting style.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, although "Hunter of the Dark" is the name of the music that accompanies it, not it's official name.

Interesting to note is also that this heartless has yellow eyes regularly like any other heartless. Its eyes only shine in red when it uses its camouflage abilities.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As far as we know from the trailers, Disney Castle, Mysterious Tower (the first one when we see Sora and Riku in their KH 2 attires) and Radiant Garden.

Traverse Town
Prankster's Paradise
City of Bells
Country of the Musketeers
The Grid
Symphony of Sorcery
The world that never was

are definitely in the RoS since we see Sora and Riku in their "RoS-outfits" there.

Grey

Well, they said Vanitas looked like that before Ven's heart connected with Sora's the 1st time around...

We saw exactly what Vanitas looked like before Ven's and Sora's hearts connected. He was wearing the dark suit and helmet, he didn't have a cloak. Having the Red-Eyed Unknown be Vanitas "before he gained Sora's face" really doesn't make any sense, even if the novels say it. The novels aren't exactly canon. It's possible, but it really makes no sense given what we've seen in-game.

I don't doubt that it's Vanitas' Heartless or something Idk.

Not sure how Vanitas would have formed a heartless.

kupo1121

Awards
We saw exactly what Vanitas looked like before Ven's and Sora's hearts connected. He was wearing the dark suit and helmet, he didn't have a cloak. Having the Red-Eyed Unknown be Vanitas "before he gained Sora's face" really doesn't make any sense, even if the novels say it. The novels aren't exactly canon. It's possible, but it really makes no sense given what we've seen in-game.

Not sure how Vanitas would have formed a heartless.

That is the thing though, we don't know what he looked like UNDER the helmet. The helmet was never connected to his skin, considering after his face changed to Sora, he took the helmet off to reveal his true face. So the question remains that as soon as he was crafted, what would he have looked like if he took off his helmet.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The novels are treated as secondary-tier canon often, meaning they take a backseat to interviews and game-canon (which is obviously the highest).
I won't say it is impossible for an element of the novels to be expanded upon and become actual canon by referencing it in an interview or even a game itself. After all, Nomura did give some input on the novels.

With that Vanitas-bit I am sceptical however because of the form of that beings eyes, they're identical to a dream eater nightmare.
Furthermore, Vanitas reverting to his appearance before Sora's connection with Ven's heart makes no real sense in several ways. While Ven's heart may be extracted from within Sora's, the connection between their hearts will remain since they are so closely linked together ever since Sora was born.
On top of this Vanitas, like Roxas, remembers how he looked like while he was "alive" in the physical world, so his appearance in the RoS would correspond to how he remembers himself, just like already shown with Roxas and Naminé.

A heartless is formed when a heart is overtaken by its own darkness (pureblood) or captured by darkness (emblem). Vanitas's heart is darkness itself, pretty much impossible to get a heartless from that.

EDIT:
Congratz on going silver, Kupo1121.

Grey

That is the thing though, we don't know what he looked like UNDER the helmet. The helmet was never connected to his skin, considering after his face changed to Sora, he took the helmet off to reveal his true face. So the question remains that as soon as he was crafted, what would he have looked like if he took off his helmet.

I realize that, but we see this red-eyed unknown with an Org. cloak on in the game. I don't see any reason for Vanitas to put on a cloak if he doesn't have a helmet.

I could see REU as a being connected to Vanitas, but I fail to see how it would be Vanitas himself. Even if Vanitas was just a black blob with red eyes prior to taking on Sora's appearance, it wouldn't explain why he'd gain a cloak.

kupo1121

Awards
EDIT:
Congratz on going silver, Kupo1121.

Holy crap, I just realized I'm silver!!! Thanks lmao xP it's pretty :)

I realize that, but we see this red-eyed unknown with an Org. cloak on in the game. I don't see any reason for Vanitas to put on a cloak if he doesn't have a helmet.

I could see REU as a being connected to Vanitas, but I fail to see how it would be Vanitas himself. Even if Vanitas was just a black blob with red eyes prior to taking on Sora's appearance, it wouldn't explain why he'd gain a cloak.

I also fail to see why he would put it on considering he doesn't need to fear the scent of darkness since he is darkness manifested. However, perhaps the coat could be used for mystery purposes as Vanitas' does not want people to know what he truly looks like as it could bear some secret.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Maybe Vanitas could morph into a Heartless considering he meets the condition to be a full blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back