• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Red-Eyed Unknown

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key of Valor

The Professor
SeaSalt said:
i could see this if the MF wasnt confirmed as YX.

but, we know YX is the MF, and i dont think he has any shape shifting capabilities based on the battles

Nomura identified the Mysterious Figure by how he looked and what he could do, but not necessarily by who he was. In other words, there is no definite confirmation that the Mysterious Figure is Master Xehanort. It was merely confirmed that the Mysterious Figure looked like Master Xehanort, which doesn't mean much if the Mysterious Figure is a shapeshifter.

If the Mysterious Figure is using its shapeshifting powers to pretend to be Master Xehanort, then he would likely avoid using his shapeshifting powers in front of the protagonists because it would make his disguise useless.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Nomura identified the Mysterious Figure by how he looked and what he could do, but not necessarily by who he was. In other words, there is no definite confirmation that the Mysterious Figure is Master Xehanort. It was merely confirmed that the Mysterious Figure looked like Master Xehanort, which doesn't mean much if the Mysterious Figure is a shapeshifter.

If the Mysterious Figure is using its shapeshifting powers to pretend to be Master Xehanort, then he would likely avoid using his shapeshifting powers in front of the protagonists because it would make his disguise useless.

well the MF was confirmed to be YX ,not MX.

i dont think the Red Eyed Figure is YX, i think Red Eyes serves a different purpose. I think he's a dream eater. but not only a dream eater, but the dream eater of a protagonist.

sora/vanitas/ven

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Of course Vanitas was in Ventus's heart, the whole final battle between them when we had the split Awakening platform.

I should have clarified to mean when Ven and Sora orignially connected hearts.

And healing his heart doesn't have to mean using darkness. As far as we know darkness can't even heal.

Possibly not, but it is needed to made Ven's heart whole again. And Vanitas would be born again from that darkness.

Vanitas being the Red-eyed unknown plausible or not stems from how much everyone individually sees the novels as reliable canon-source or not.

It was the novels that originally confirmed Lea's "reconfiguring" so I think that they're more a lower tiered canon, but canon nonetheless.

We have in fact only two unknowns: The golden eyed one running around waging a seeming psycho-war against Sora and Riku and the red-eyed thing.

The Golden eyed one with white hair and tan skin? That's Xehanort.

Samhain

Bronze Member
MF is YX

shape shifter my butt. if YX is such a "shape shifter" why is there no mention at all to this from Nomura? why is there no clue he's a shape shifter anyway? we have all scenes where he looks exactly the same!

but why is MF 3x taller than YX? YX looks like a little kid in his teenage years while MF looks like in his 20's. it doesnt make sense. and if you guys say because the RoS changes your appearence younger than why didnt it effect Xemnas, XH, and Master Xehanort?

Key of Valor

The Professor
SeaSalt said:
well the MF was confirmed to be YX ,not MX.

"YX" is a younger version of Master Xehanort... They're essentially the same person as far as I'm concerned. And no, it wasn't confirmed that the Mysterious Figure was a younger version of Master Xehanort. It was merely confirmed that the Mysterious Figure looks like a younger version of Master Xehanort, which again means nothing if he is a shapeshifter.

SeaSalt said:
i dont think the Red Eyed Figure is YX, i think Red Eyes serves a different purpose. I think he's a dream eater. but not only a dream eater, but the dream eater of a protagonist.

sora/vanitas/ven

This seems like a very possible theory, but I still believe that the Mysterious Figure is the cloaked figure with red eyes.

Samhain said:
if YX is such a "shape shifter" why is there no mention at all to this from Nomura?

Maybe because it's going to be a plot twist.

Samhain said:
why is there no clue he's a shape shifter anyway?

Well I wouldn't exactly say there are not clues. However, the small amount of clues may be the result of the Mysterious Figure's identity being a plot twist.

Samhain said:
we have all scenes where he looks exactly the same!

This reasoning seems flawed. If the Mysterious Figure took on another form, then how would you know it was him? It is possible that he does appear in multiple forms throughout the trailer, but the viewers might be unaware that these different characters are the same person.

Samhain said:
but why is MF 3x taller than YX? YX looks like a little kid in his teenage years while MF looks like in his 20's. it doesnt make sense. and if you guys say because the RoS changes your appearence younger than why didnt it effect Xemnas, XH, and Master Xehanort?

Maybe this inconsistency in height and built can be explained by the Mysterious Figure being a shapeshifter.

digimikej

Awards
ive seen a lot of people referencing a recent interview here that i cant seem to find. can anyone post a link for me?

on topic: i like the idea of the MF being a shapeshifter, and it makes sense. for example,in the scene with ansem SoD and YX, SoD could be a shapeshifted clone, made that way to screw with riku.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Which interview? Some o them are right on the section sticky.
Some of them no longer exist.

digimikej

Awards
the one where it is revealed that MF is YX. i havent seen it. checked the stickies. i may have just totally derped it up, but i didnt see it there.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
"YX" is a younger version of Master Xehanort... They're essentially the same person as far as I'm concerned. And no, it wasn't confirmed that the Mysterious Figure was a younger version of Master Xehanort. It was merely confirmed that the Mysterious Figure looks like a younger version of Master Xehanort, which again means nothing if he is a shapeshifter.

i thought nomura said the MF was the mysterious boy not just looks like him ?

Key of Valor

The Professor
SeaSalt said:
i thought nomura said the MF was the mysterious boy not just looks like him ?

Nomura only said that the guy who appeared in the trailer is the Mysterious Figure. He didn't say who the guy in the trailer was, but fans can easily see a resemblance between him and the young version of Master Xehanort. Just because the Mysterious Figure looks like Master Xehanort, it doesn't mean that he is Master Xehanort.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Nomura only said that the guy who appeared in the trailer is the Mysterious Figure. He didn't say who the guy in the trailer was, but fans can easily see a resemblance between him and the young version of Master Xehanort. Just because the Mysterious Figure looks like Master Xehanort, it doesn't mean that he is Master Xehanort.

Okay, I'm getting confused again.

Is YMX the young guy with AX hairstyle, white hair and tan skin?
What is MF? I know what it stands for. What is this because people try to clear it up and leave me more confused.

I'm taking it MF is in an Org cleak with the hood up.
What the fukc guys.

MasterZeR0

MF was the cloaked secret boss from BBS. YMX is the one from the trailers who had Vanitas "beside him" so to speak. Nomura explicitly stated that they are the same person.

Manly Cartwheels

Stuck in the realm of darkness with Ansem the MIl-
The Red Eyed Unknown...

Well, he could very well be and is probably Vanitas, the BBS novels would indicate as much. He could be an all new character too, perhaps one of many new types of enemies.

Or "he" could be that fabulous and incredibly beautiful mage woman, if they really wanted to surprise us.

Key of Valor

The Professor
MasterZeR0 said:
MF was the cloaked secret boss from BBS. YMX is the one from the trailers who had Vanitas "beside him" so to speak. Nomura explicitly stated that they are the same person.

There is no confirmation that the character with yellow eyes and silver hair is Master Xehanort himself.

MasterZeR0

Whoever that boy is, regardless, it is MF. I was only using YMX so he would understand. Because that's what everyone calls him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back