• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reflecting on 16 years on this forum (aka the "once a decade post")

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Tsukasa

Awards
Oh man, 2020. It's been more than 16 years now since I joined this forum (way back when it was called KH2.net). It was around the time where Kingdom Hearts 2 got announced and we still had approximately 2 years to go until release. The forum was still pretty new, with less than 500 members. Little 13 year old me signing up for the forums with the incredibly original name "<real name> the key bearer". During the 5-6 years I was active here, I met a lot of cool people who sadly left during the years or had a bunch of name changes. I wonder if some of the old staff members from back then are still kicking around (Annoyance, Devon, The Midnighter, Ulti and all the other #junes people). It was incredibly fun working with all these people on the staff, and the community we had going back then really made me feel at home. Sadly, most of my activity got pruned out in the forum move back in 2006, so there's very little to cringe at in my history. There's still some stuff from 2005, but sadly everything after that is permanently gone.

Looking back on the series, it's nuts how we evolved from KH1 to KH3. A niche crossover between Disney and Square turning into a huge series spanning almost a dozen games, becoming almost as popular as the Final Fantasy series. With KH3 ReMind coming up this week and people being hyped again like it's another KH game release, it's incredibly cool to see how big this series has become.

And to all the new people who joined long after I went inactive and I didn't have the pleasure to meet: I hope you're all enjoying Kingdom Hearts and wish you lots of fun with any future titles.

Anyway, that's all. With ReMind coming out soon and me thinking back to these forums, I just wanted to reminisce a little bit on the old times. I sincerely doubt many of you know me or remember me by now, but that's fine. Just an old man reminiscing about the "good old times".

If any of you oldies are still kicking around and somehow manage to see this thread: Thanks for the memories!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
You’re trying too hard to make me feel old wtf

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
About to hit 13 years myself!

I was mostly active for the RPG Inferno, if anyone remembers that.

I have only checked in once a year or two for a while, but it's good to know this place is still here. <3

About 15 years strong here yall! Just came back today after a long long time! Nice to see the forums still so active!

Mastermind

Remember Me
Awards
So this is the place where all of us old folks go. I'll be at 15 years on June 3rd. Though I personally didn't know you, it's nice to see some of the mid-2000 folks checking in.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
every now and then I'll check on the site or go through old, wild forum posts

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
I'll roam the forums once every couple months or so, just seeing what's around. Don't really post, though.

Still got my original name, so there's that at least.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Good to see some familiar faces - I'm glad I'm not the only one who comes back here to reminisce. Hope everyone is well!

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wonder if some of the old staff members from back then are still kicking around (Annoyance, Devon, The Midnighter, Ulti and all the other #junes people). It was incredibly fun working with all these people on the staff, and the community we had going back then really made me feel at home. Sadly, most of my activity got pruned out in the forum move back in 2006, so there's very little to cringe at in my history. There's still some stuff from 2005, but sadly everything after that is permanently gone.
Oh I'm around occasionally but usually just click around when nostalgia hits me. I was actually chatting with the #junes crew and was clicking around and found this post, remembering the old crew we hung around. I hope you're doing well. Send me a DM sometime. I'm on Discord.

And don't worry, I still remember the cringy stuff we said when we were 13.

I hope all the old posters are also doing well. Add me on discord Annoyance#2632 we can catch up. ♥

Last edited:

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh man, 2020. It's been more than 16 years now since I joined this forum (way back when it was called KH2.net). It was around the time where Kingdom Hearts 2 got announced and we still had approximately 2 years to go until release. The forum was still pretty new, with less than 500 members. Little 13 year old me signing up for the forums with the incredibly original name "<real name> the key bearer". During the 5-6 years I was active here, I met a lot of cool people who sadly left during the years or had a bunch of name changes. I wonder if some of the old staff members from back then are still kicking around (Annoyance, Devon, The Midnighter, Ulti and all the other #junes people). It was incredibly fun working with all these people on the staff, and the community we had going back then really made me feel at home. Sadly, most of my activity got pruned out in the forum move back in 2006, so there's very little to cringe at in my history. There's still some stuff from 2005, but sadly everything after that is permanently gone.

Looking back on the series, it's nuts how we evolved from KH1 to KH3. A niche crossover between Disney and Square turning into a huge series spanning almost a dozen games, becoming almost as popular as the Final Fantasy series. With KH3 ReMind coming up this week and people being hyped again like it's another KH game release, it's incredibly cool to see how big this series has become.

And to all the new people who joined long after I went inactive and I didn't have the pleasure to meet: I hope you're all enjoying Kingdom Hearts and wish you lots of fun with any future titles.

Anyway, that's all. With ReMind coming out soon and me thinking back to these forums, I just wanted to reminisce a little bit on the old times. I sincerely doubt many of you know me or remember me by now, but that's fine. Just an old man reminiscing about the "good old times".

If any of you oldies are still kicking around and somehow manage to see this thread: Thanks for the memories!
Welp, this is the first time I’ve signed on/made a post in probably 10 years at this point (maybe more, not sure).

Honestly, something randomly made me think of it today and I wanted to just see what the site was like nowadays and half expected it to be deactivated or me not be able to even find it anymore. Boy, was I pleasantly suprised to find my account still active and there to be new 2022 posts on here.

I’ve been a member here since 2006, and still fondly think back on the friends I met and chatted with on here, all the fun in the roleplay section, and putting in requests for artists to make beautiful designs for me out of a crappy quality picture I show them of my favorite anime character or frontman for a band lol.

All this to say, your post really choked me up a and made me think about the past and what I was doing when I was on this website all the time back in 2007. It made me really happy and this website does too. I hope it doesn’t go anywhere and I fully intend on logging on more frequently now.

Much love KHInsider <3

Back