• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Refutable BBSv2 possibilities

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotaHero21

I find it more likely that he met him shortly before he entered one of Traverse Town's naturally spawning Corridors of Darkness than when he was still a kid/young teen.

That not likely considering he told donald and goofy to look for leon before he originally went to traverse town, so he must have known him while he was still in radiant gardens.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That not likely considering he told donald and goofy to look for leon before he originally went to traverse town, so he must have known him while he was still in radiant gardens.

Ahh, true true. Forgot about the letter.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Ahh, true true. Forgot about the letter.

i was hoping for that interaction in bbs but we never got it
it would of been intresting to leon at 17 and and the rest appering in their crisis core form

noheartx

Well, there are a bunch of ideas here that i love. Aqua as a playable character was a given since the trailer. I would ove the idea of Mickey being a playable character, because what he's done in the series is still a vague mystery. I especially love the idea of this:

My take? v2 will have Cid and the gang during the fall of Hollow Bastion. It would be awesome to play this scenario as Mickey, saving people from the sudden increase in heartless as you slowly make your way toward the castle, which could climax in a battle between Mickey and Xehanort, as he is about to throw himself into the darkness. Or better yet, Braig, as he has to slow down Mickey so that he cant stop Xehanort from falling to darkness. In fact.. I like the second idea better. Do that Nomura.

Final battle at Radiant Garden with Mickey would be epic, and I've always wanted to see the fall of RG.

Also, the Riku scenario is a great idea, and I honestly never thought of that. But when you mention that, it made me wonder. Will this game then take place over the course of 9 years or so? Considering Aqua was in the RoD for 10 years, Mickey has been doing whatever, and then Riku's fall to darkness took place during KH1 itself. So, then this game's storyline may very well coincide with the KH1 storyline right? It makes sense if there is a Riku scenario. And, since I'm now bringing up the idea of time, will there be any info on the Mysterious Figure? I mean, as much as i don't really like it, time seems to really tie in with him. Maybe in Aqua's scenario you will meet him? It seems plausible right?

Well, Mickey and Aqua's meeting is inevitable. In the secret ending of Re: Coded, they inadvertantly say that they have already met. When Mickey says they are close to finding Ven's heart, and now all that's left is Terra. So, that means that Mickey has indeed "saved" Aqua. But, what i don't get is where she is. I mean, does that mean she's just kinda chillin in the RoD waiting for Mickey to come get her? That's something that I think really needs to be elaborated on. What Aqua does AFTER she meets Mickey.

And another thing I've always wondered, is did Riku ever meet Aqua? I mean, in BBS, they met on DI, and she noticed that Terra had already given him teh Right of Passage. And, she even alluded to his path to darkness, so it would make sense for them to meet. And, now this is a big if, and really i have no way of backing this up, but what if the Destiny Place that Riku gives Kairi, is actually Eraqus' Keyblade. Like i said, i don't really have any way to prove this, but it's the only thing I can think of.

Radar

Bronze Member
I'd really like for Aqua and Xemnas to meet in BBSv2. That right there has so much angst and drama potential.
I was just going to comment on this. I would like to see Xemnas wondering aimlessly around RoD, and the randomly runs into Aqua. Xemnas has vague memories of her, but does not entirely remember who she is. She is very sympathetic, not wanting to hurt him, and then the two of them kiss. (lol jk) But I would like too see some of XH and Xemnas doing stuff we do not know about in the RoD.

Also, does anybody think there may be more to Xion that we know about. I kind of doubt it, I mean she served her purpose, but I want new things to be revealed about certain charecters. Like unknown things that happened to them.

noheartx

I was just going to comment on this. I would like to see Xemnas wondering aimlessly around RoD, and the randomly runs into Aqua. Xemnas has vague memories of her, but does not entirely remember who she is. She is very sympathetic, not wanting to hurt him, and then the two of them kiss. (lol jk) But I would like too see some of XH and Xemnas doing stuff we do not know about in the RoD.

Also, does anybody think there may be more to Xion that we know about. I kind of doubt it, I mean she served her purpose, but I want new things to be revealed about certain charecters. Like unknown things that happened to them.

That seem slike it would be a good idea, but why would they meet in the RoD anyway? I mean besides the occasional dark portal, i don't think Xemnas, or any Organization member for that matter, actually did work in the RoD, did they? I mean i may be wrong, but it didn't seem like they had a purpose in the RoD, besides getting from Point A to Point B. She has a much higher chance of meeting Riku and Mickey, who basiclly worked in the RoD for a little. But it would still be pretty cool.

And Xion is pretty much done. There's almost no chance of her coming back. As you said, she fulfilled hee purpose. She was created by the Organization, and she disappeared when she was defeated by Roxas. I don't think there's anything they can do with her, unless they go into the process of creating a replica. But that wouldn't really be too interesting.

Mog

Awards
Well, Mickey and Aqua's meeting is inevitable. In the secret ending of Re: Coded, they inadvertantly say that they have already met. When Mickey says they are close to finding Ven's heart, and now all that's left is Terra. So, that means that Mickey has indeed "saved" Aqua.
Wrong. Mickey said '' and we got to save all 3 of them! ''. This pretty much says that he has not yet got Aqua safely out of the RoD. However, I think he met her before too,in the RoD, but perhaps got seperated from her.YenSid says ''that leaves only Terra..'' , so this at least confirms that Mickey knows where she is.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
That seem slike it would be a good idea, but why would they meet in the RoD anyway? I mean besides the occasional dark portal, i don't think Xemnas, or any Organization member for that matter, actually did work in the RoD, did they? I mean i may be wrong, but it didn't seem like they had a purpose in the RoD, besides getting from Point A to Point B. She has a much higher chance of meeting Riku and Mickey, who basiclly worked in the RoD for a little. But it would still be pretty cool.

And Xion is pretty much done. There's almost no chance of her coming back. As you said, she fulfilled hee purpose. She was created by the Organization, and she disappeared when she was defeated by Roxas. I don't think there's anything they can do with her, unless they go into the process of creating a replica. But that wouldn't really be too interesting.

I remember there being a scene in 358/2 Days when Xemnas was shown standing the Dark Margin. I think it's the part where he mouths "Sora" silently or whatever.

I don't think Xemnas necessarily has to have an agenda in the RoD; he and Aqua can still meet by just simply running into each other. What I mean by this is that Aqua somehow comes upon him while Xemnas is just traversing across the planes in the usual manner, like Xemnas was on his merry way to something until he came upon Aqua.

noheartx

Well, obviously they could just meet randomly, but the would be anti-climatic neh? If it does happen, i bet it'll be like Aqua sees a mysterious cloaked man and follows him, and it turns out to be Xemnas and she's all like "Terra! (Add Angst Here)."

And yea, i know he didn;t technically say he saved Aqua, I guess I worded that wrong. All I meant was that they know where she is and they can cross her off the list. I didn't mean she was saved yet.

noheartx

Yea that's the only thing that would make sense. Man, this game has so much potential to be good, and I bet we don't see half the stuff we want to. It's either going to be a huge success or huge disappoinment.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
I almost wholeheartedly agree with everything the opening poster stated. Vol. 2 has astonding potential. Those are almost my exact sentiments by verbatim.

...I am not particularly fond of playing as Riku. Not trying to force my opinion on anyone...but I honestly fail to see little point in it, honestly. The "mystery game"/Vol.2 is to centralize on the events between the end of Birth By Sleep and the original Kingdom Hearts according to my knowledge.

We have a coherent understanding of what transpires in light of Riku's absence in KH1, in fact we've seen a fair chunk of it. From being stumbled upon by Maleficent, working in concord with the villians in order to unearth Kairi's whereabouts, him abducting the Princesses of Heart, his encounters with Sora, his descent into darkness...what don't we know? More explicitly: what momentous ground breaking information is there that needs to be addressed which was previously unexplained? ...I am drawing a blank here. Someone feel please free to enlighten me (preferrably people who strongly want Riku to be playable in this game)

It would also overlap with the continuity (Kingdom Hearts 1) and contradict Nomura's initial intent. ...It also seems redundant seeing as though we shall be playing as him 3DS. In fact, meshing Riku's would be scenario with Aqua's (who is borderline confirmed) and Mickey (runner up) makes absolutely no sense when we take into account the timeline this game would fall into. How would that work?

We play as Aqua in the ROD, Mickey in the ROL presumably still searching for TAV, he encouters Xehanort, Xehanort learns about the Keyblade, Kingdom Hearts, and other worlds because of the king, Xehanort and Ansem's Apprentices become immersed in darkness (Creating Ansem Seeker of Darkness, Xemnas, and most of Organization XIII) Maleficent arrives and captializes on this, raiding Radiant Garden with legions of Heartless-leading to the fall of the city. Total unadulterated epicness ensues. The events of Kingdom Hearts 1 and onward are foreshadowed.

STOP

Fast foward 9 years later. And...we are playing as Riku in something only loosely germane to the riveting scenarios which just priorly unfolded? :confused: Hopefully you guys fathom see why this prospect flusters me. :tongue:

I would much rather stick to characters introduced in Birth By Sleep (or new ones: Mysterious Figure, anyone?)

noheartx

I almost wholeheartedly agree with everything the opening poster stated. Vol. 2 has astonding potential. Those are almost my exact sentiments by verbatim.

...I am not particularly fond of playing as Riku. Not trying to force my opinion on anyone...but I honestly fail to see little point in it, honestly. The "mystery game"/Vol.2 is to centralize on the events between the end of Birth By Sleep and the original Kingdom Hearts according to my knowledge.

We have a coherent understanding of what transpires in light of Riku's absence in KH1, in fact we've seen a fair chunk of it. From being stumbled upon by Maleficent, working in concord with the villians in order to unearth Kairi's whereabouts, him abducting the Princesses of Heart, his encounters with Sora, his descent into darkness...what don't we know? More explicitly: what momentous ground breaking information is there that needs to be addressed which was previously unexplained? ...I am drawing a blank here. Someone feel please free to enlighten me (preferrably people who strongly want Riku to be playable in this game)

It would also overlap with the continuity (Kingdom Hearts 1) and contradict Nomura's initial intent. ...It also seems redundant seeing as though we shall be playing as him 3DS. In fact, meshing Riku's would be scenario with Aqua's (who is borderline confirmed) and Mickey (runner up) makes absolutely no sense when we take into account the timeline this game would fall into. How would that work?

We play as Aqua in the ROD, Mickey in the ROL presumably still searching for TAV, he encouters Xehanort, Xehanort learns about the Keyblade, Kingdom Hearts, and other worlds because of the king, Xehanort and Ansem's Apprentices become immersed in darkness (Creating Ansem Seeker of Darkness, Xemnas, and most of Organization XIII) Maleficent arrives and captializes on this, raiding Radiant Garden with legions of Heartless-leading to the fall of the city. Total unadulterated epicness ensues. The events of Kingdom Hearts 1 and onward are foreshadowed.

STOP

Fast foward 9 years later. And...we are playing as Riku in something only loosely germane to the riveting scenarios which just priorly unfolded? :confused: Hopefully you guys fathom see why this prospect flusters me. :tongue:

I would much rather stick to characters introduced in Birth By Sleep (or new ones: Mysterious Figure, anyone?)

AHA! Someone else who believes we should totoally find out who the MF is. I thought i was the only one. He really needs to be identified, or something. And i don;t really see it happening in Dream Drop Distance.

Megavoltage

Awards
I think Ven will have a strong presence in BBSV2, even if his body is asleep. While Ven's heart is sleeping inside Sora and Roxas maybe Ven will interact with them through a Dive to the Heart scenario or in a dream. It's theorized that it was Ven's heart inside Sora that allowed Sora to wield the Keyblade since he was never properally gifted the ability to wield like Terra did to Riku. And it hasn't been said in-game but it was Ven's heart inside Roxas that made him a special Nobody that could have real emotions. Maybe BBSV2 will go into those events and give us a detailed explanation on how/if Ven's heart helped in changing Roxas, Sora and even Xion's lives.

Ven and Aqua are realms apart but they're still connected through Aqua's magic Wayfinder charms. Perhaps it was Ven's(and Terra's) connection through the Wayfinders that somehow summoned those flying Keyblades that rescued Aqua and BBSV2 will explain how exactly the Keyblades were summoned. Maybe Ven's wounded heart will find other ways to help Aqua through the Wayfinder or even eventually communicate with Aqua with a Dive to the Heart or dreams, like I said could happen with Sora and Roxas.

So even if Ven doesn't wake up until KH3 I still believe he'll have a part to play in BBSV2 and even in KHDDD. At least I hope so...

Radar

Bronze Member
I think Ven will have a strong presence in BBSV2, even if his body is asleep. While Ven's heart is sleeping inside Sora and Roxas maybe Ven will interact with them through a Dive to the Heart scenario or in a dream. It's theorized that it was Ven's heart inside Sora that allowed Sora to wield the Keyblade since he was never properally gifted the ability to wield like Terra did to Riku. And it hasn't been said in-game but it was Ven's heart inside Roxas that made him a special Nobody that could have real emotions. Maybe BBSV2 will go into those events and give us a detailed explanation on how/if Ven's heart helped in changing Roxas, Sora and even Xion's lives.

Ven and Aqua are realms apart but they're still connected through Aqua's magic Wayfinder charms. Perhaps it was Ven's(and Terra's) connection through the Wayfinders that somehow summoned those flying Keyblades that rescued Aqua and BBSV2 will explain how exactly the Keyblades were summoned. Maybe Ven's wounded heart will find other ways to help Aqua through the Wayfinder or even eventually communicate with Aqua with a Dive to the Heart or dreams, like I said could happen with Sora and Roxas.

So even if Ven doesn't wake up until KH3 I still believe he'll have a part to play in BBSV2 and even in KHDDD. At least I hope so...
I have a feeling Ven is just gonna be chillin in that chair until the end of KH3..

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Sora364 said:
The "mystery game"/Vol.2 is to centralize on the events between the end of Birth By Sleep and the original Kingdom Hearts according to my knowledge

Actually, going by all what we saw in Zero Point and how the Mystery Game is rumored to fill in most remaining gaps, the scope of BBS v2 if it really is the Mystery Game would be broader than just End of BBS to Begin of KH1.

We see quite more glimpses in Zero Point i.e. blindfolded Riku "stalking" Roxas and Xion.
So the covered period of BBS v2 may include rather from End of BBS to End of Days/KH 2, if not even all way up from End of BBS to Begin of KH 3D, showing all the things that happened "behind the scenes" during the events of the other games.

Besides, Nomura already stated way before BBS came out that before KH III there would be four stories remain to be told.
1. Xehanort's past (covered in BBS)
2. Roxas's time in the Org (covered in Days)
3. Mickey's absence
4. Riku's absence.

The last two aren't covered yet so they have a big chance of being told. KH 3D doesn't count because it relates to the future, laying out the base for KH III.

---
@Megavoltage:

While this may be a possibility and I do actually think we will get to explore something in regard to Ven's situation and get some insight on what Ven's heart indirectly influenced, I highly doubt Ven himself will be an active force.
His heart is a severely crippled trainwreck so to say which wasn't able to keep his body awake and had to seek out Sora's heart for the chance to rest.
So I would find it somewhat illogical if Ven's heart would have the ability to go around, seek contact to Aqua and on top of that actively help in issues...when it couldn't even maintain itself.

sora364

Awards
Actually, going by all what we saw in Zero Point and how the Mystery Game is rumored to fill in most remaining gaps, the scope of BBS v2 if it really is the Mystery Game would be broader than just End of BBS to Begin of KH1.

I can understand that, however I am going by what Nomura actually stated as far as the "unexplained period" BBS and KH1. BBS is Kingdom Hearts "0". Zero Point shows the number "0.5"-implying it is just that, the marking point between 0 and 1. Remember: "0.5" Not BBS 0.5/Reverse Rebirth KH1 and 358/2 Days style -_-. That is a direct contradiction as it overlaps its proposed canon (although this "rule" can be broken in a secret ending, which Blank Points did)

I find the latter to be more extraneous than "broader" to be honest. The very fabric of the story is disjointed when we meld all of these intricities into one. Like Blank Points, I find Zero Point to be "symbolic." For example, Kairi never left "The Usual Spot" with Hayner, Pence, and Olette to go to the Old Mansion. She was kidnapped by Axel before hand. The only thing I feel worth commenting on is Diz potentially "implanting data" in Sora.

We see quite more glimpses in Zero Point i.e. blindfolded Riku "stalking" Roxas and Xion.
So the covered period of BBS v2 may include rather from End of BBS to End of Days/KH 2, if not even all way up from End of BBS to Begin of KH 3D, showing all the things that happened "behind the scenes" during the events of the other games.

Besides, Nomura already stated way before BBS came out that before KH III there would be four stories remain to be told.
1. Xehanort's past (covered in BBS)
2. Roxas's time in the Org (covered in Days)
3. Mickey's absence
4. Riku's absence.

Mickey, I can understand. Riku is pointless in my opinion over the sheer fact we know everything he did that was of importance and it was reflective in KH1 and Days. Him in Neverland w/Kairi? It must have been moments after he left the ship and departed for Hollow Bastion. You're welcomed to disagree, but I do not see a need to control Riku in the five minutes it took for him to get to the clock tower. :p

How would Riku's Final Boss fights even work? This is especially true if the game by chance goes coincides with Days story-It'd just be a re-hash of the 358/2 Days boss battle with the only difference of us playing as Riku. My question is, where would the true conflict in Riku's story be? It's just an unneeded regurgitation of a plot we already knew, an further exemplifies Nomura's incompetence to systematically introduced anything new to the continuity of legitimate importance.

I would like to think that Days covered Riku's absence (an absence which was far more egregious before Days released because all we knew was that he worked with Diz and fought Roxas, Days expounded on that.)

Respectfully, this game should not be called "Birth By Sleep Vol.2" or anything remotely germane to the original game. Kingdom Hearts: Reconnect or Kingdom Hearts: A Fragmentary Passage, because of this game is only about "filling up small holes" than I am losing interest with celerity.

Seriously, Nomura. I want to see the events of the Xehanort Reports unfold, and even more elaborate detail surrounding it that the reports did not cover (possibly Xehanort's memory returning, remembering small fragments of Aqua and Ven and possibly going off to search for them-even awakening to his Keyblade.)I want to play as Mickey traversing the worlds possibly still in search of TAV, even his ventures in the Realm of Darkness. I wish to see how Aqua's actions in the Realm of Darkness are not self contained and how they influence the plot. Mysterious Figure? (Another incarnation of Xehanort Yen Sid hinted at? The fact he was introduced in the original BBS accounts for something.) Xehanort's "other roads?" The status of Eraqus?

There are A LOT of ideas more interesting than re-hashing the same story (in Riku's case) and it is getting very old. Do not want.

Last edited:

noheartx

I can understand that, however I am going by what Nomura actually stated as far as the "unexplained period" BBS and KH1. BBS is Kingdom Hearts "0". Zero Point shows the number "0.5"-implying it is just that, the marking point between 0 and 1. Remember: "0.5" Not BBS 0.5/Reverse Rebirth KH1 and 358/2 Days style -_-. That is a direct contradiction as it overlaps its proposed canon (although this "rule" can be broken in a secret ending, which Blank Points did)

I find the latter to be more extraneous than "broader" to be honest. The very fabric of the story is disjointed when we meld all of these intricities into one. Like Blank Points, I find Zero Point to be "symbolic." For example, Kairi never left "The Usual Spot" with Hayner, Pence, and Olette to go to the Old Mansion. She was kidnapped by Axel before hand. The only thing I feel worth commenting on is Diz potentially "implanting data" in Sora.

Mickey, I can understand. Riku is pointless in my opinion over the sheer fact we know everything he did that was of importance and it was reflective in KH1 and Days. Him in Neverland w/Kairi? It must have been moments after he left the ship and departed for Hollow Bastion. You're welcomed to disagree, but I do not see a need to control Riku in the five minutes it took for him to get to the clock tower. :p

How would Riku's Final Boss fights even work? This is especially true if the game by chance goes coincides with Days story-It'd just be a re-hash of the 358/2 Days boss battle with the only difference of us playing as Riku. My question is, where would the true conflict in Riku's story be? It's just an unneeded regurgitation of a plot we already knew, an further exemplifies Nomura's incompetence to systematically introduced anything new to the continuity of legitimate importance.

I would like to think that Days covered Riku's absence (an absence which was far more egregious before Days released because all we knew was that he worked with Diz and fought Roxas, Days expounded on that.)

Respectfully, this game should not be called "Birth By Sleep Vol.2" or anything remotely germane to the original game. Kingdom Hearts: Reconnect or Kingdom Hearts: A Fragmentary Passage, because of this game is only about "filling up small holes" than I am losing interest with celerity.

Seriously, Nomura. I want to see the events of the Xehanort Reports unfold, and even more elaborate detail surrounding it that the reports did not cover (possibly Xehanort's memory returning, remembering small fragments of Aqua and Ven and possibly going off to search for them-even awakening to his Keyblade.)I want to play as Mickey traversing the worlds possibly still in search of TAV, even his ventures in the Realm of Darkness. I wish to see how Aqua's actions in the Realm of Darkness are not self contained and how they influence the plot. Mysterious Figure? (Another incarnation of Xehanort Yen Sid hinted at? The fact he was introduced in the original BBS accounts for something.) Xehanort's "other roads?" The status of Eraqus?

There are A LOT of ideas more interesting than re-hashing the same story (in Riku's case) and it is getting very old. Do not want.

I agree and disagree with you. For one, we do know most of, or have an idea of, what happened during KHI with Riku. However, what i would like to see, would be the time from CoM to KHII, and maybe some of what he did in KHII. I think one of the biggest questions everyone has is 'where the @#%#% did RIku get a second keyblade.' And, it's design alludes to Aqua, which just bakes everyone go from crazy to ballistic. So, yea, we don't really need to know what happened to Riku in KHI, but we definitly want to know what happened from CoM until present.

And, in all honesty, I wouldn't mind doing the Riku v Roxas fight from Riku's standpoint. I think that would be fun.

sora364

Awards
I think one of the biggest questions everyone has is 'where the @#%#% did RIku get a second keyblade.' And, it's design alludes to Aqua, which just bakes everyone go from crazy to ballistic. So, yea, we don't really need to know what happened to Riku in KHI, but we definitly want to know what happened from CoM until present.

The general consensus is that the 2nd Keyblade was a result of Xehanort's heart still within him. Exactly why it manifested as Destiny's Embrace is still a mystery (which alludes more to Kairi in my opinion) But I see where you're coming from.

And, in all honesty, I wouldn't mind doing the Riku v Roxas fight from Riku's standpoint. I think that would be fun.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun...just...re-hash. I am glad someone is open to it, ...but I'm honestly getting fed up with it. Re:Coded was the last straw. EVOLVE THE DAMN STORY.

My largest gripe is that I want Vol. 2 to be similar to BBS in which I am given a plethora of new information that adds to the main story without actually treading beyond KH2's storyline (I.E learning the origins of Castle Oblivion, Birth of Xehanort, Why Riku and Kairi can wield a Keyblade) just OMGWTF tidbits like that. Something refreshing...something new. Basically, something I knew next to nothing about beforehand. I am earnestly not interested in another needless "better executed" regurgitation in Riku's "missing period." I want to know what Riku's doing after Kingdom Hearts II. Follow me?

Nomura needs to concentrate on his scenario on 3DS. I find it redundant to play as him in both games...>_> but hey, that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back