• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Regarding Birth By Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
I have read that originally BBS was going to be a PS2 game BUT, because the PS2's lifetime was coming to an end, they moved the production for the PSP. What I dont get is why they didnt develop it for the PS3? Because it was obviously going to be a big and ambitious game already so why not make it for the next gen console? Was it because it would be easier to make in PSP since they could reuse assets from KH1/KH2? I always found it weird that SE skipped the PS3 era entriely it always felt like something was lost in the transistion between generations.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The PS3 wasn't kind to Square. They struggled a lot as was with FF13, 14, & Vs13. Honestly they only quite recently truly got out of the hole they've been dugged in for the better part of 2 gens imo.

That said, I always thought BBS should've been a Wii game instead and should've been called KH Zero. That would've given us another numbered console entry to tide everyone over without having to change the game itself too much. Wiimote+nunchuck even had the same number of inputs as PSP even without resorting to motion gimmicks. Although with that said shotlocks strike me as something that would've been perfect for IR sensor aiming.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If I recall correctly the PS3 was also quite difficult to develop for and many programmers and designers were very frustrated about that.

Unlike the vastly successful PS2 and later the PS4, the PS3 apparently wasn't that great of a console in comparison to both its predecessor and successor.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If I recall correctly the PS3 was also quite difficult to develop for and many programmers and designers were very frustrated about that.

Unlike the vastly successful PS2 and later the PS4, the PS3 apparently wasn't that great of a console in comparison to both its predecessor and successor.
Pretty much. KH living on handhelds during that era and being developed entirely outside of SE's main office was a blessing in disguise.

Awards
, I always thought BBS should've been a Wii game instead and should've been called KH Zero. That would've given us another numbered console entry to tide everyone over without having to change the game itself too much. Wiimote+nunchuck even had the same number of inputs as PSP even without resorting to motion gimmicks. Although with that said shotlocks strike me as something that would've been perfect for IR sensor aiming.
that would be great too

Back