• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Release Date for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 & 2.5 albums revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Good news for all fans of Yoko Shimomura's re-orchestrated tunes in both Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5 ReMIX. According to the OST database website VGMDB, the release date for both the 1.5 and 2.5 albums will be November 26th later this year. This was, in fact, confirmed by the CD sampler given to those who attended last week's Tokyo Game Show.

There the release date for both albums was secretly revealed, as seen here below:

VGMDB has more information on the 1.5 album here, and the 2.5 album here.

The re-orchestrated music can also be listened to on the upcoming Bluray album, which is coming with the collector's editions of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in Japan this October and can also be purchased on its own through the Square Enix Online eStore.

For more information on all things Kingdom Hearts, including Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3, be sure to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr.

Source: Potichat via Twitter

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I'm assuming these won't be released in the west, which is sucky but I can deal. I can sit and listen to these for hours while doing homework or studying.

Also the links for the VGMb pages for 1.5 and 2.5 are switched.

KeySpyMaster

Awards
Website
www.khdatabase.com
I'm confused. Up until today, it seemed that they treated the albums as one and the same, only select songs from both games would be featured in the album, which would only release in that Blu-ray disc mentioned in the article. But now, it seems they're separate albums in addition to the Blu-ray disc. Which one is it?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
CD huh? Either way this is good news. Can't wait to get them :D

I wonder how many discs for each album, 2?.

I definitely expect them to put more discs than that! They should include every song from the 6 games, it would be incredibly cheap to say "here are the remastered tracks, now go and purchase the rest of the CDs individually".

I'm confused. Up until today, it seemed that they treated the albums as one and the same, only select songs from both games would be featured in the album, which would only release in that Blu-ray disc mentioned in the article. But now, it seems they're separate albums in addition to the Blu-ray disc. Which one is it?

The Blu-ray included in the Collection should be a "sampler" of sorts. Get you interested in buying the 2 complete releases.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Damn, I want both of them. Sadly, the soundtracks never get released in the West. Perhaps I'll import these too.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Also the links for the VGMb pages for 1.5 and 2.5 are switched.

Thanks for the heads up, it's now fixed. My excuse for messing up is trying to make my teacher think I was taking down notes on my laptop while sneakily writing this.

Kids, don't be me at school.

:)

SoraForeverKH

This is great news! I was hoping something like this would be revealed at the game show.
I am a huge fan of all KH albums, and listen to them almost every day. Even if it's only a few of them. I love the music!
Hearing a real orchestra play the songs from KH is like a dream! I love hearing the many different instruments.
I am also very happy about its release date. So soon!
I can't wait to hear how the tracks sound! Especially my favorites, like... Sinister Shadows, The Thirteenth Reflection, Vim and Vigor, The Encounter, Showdown at Hollow Bastion,
Darkness of the Unknown, Courage, Fight to the Death, Destiny Islands, Dearly Beloved, and of course all of the BBS secret boss battle songs! They are so awesome! I have a lot more
favorites...but that would probably take me all day to remember and write down. Lol
Can't wait for KH II.5 for N/A

Hobbe

So is there a chance in hell these will get an English release? As a CD and KH junkie I'd totally get them. I suppose importing is always an option (pretty happy with my imported FFCC OST). But a Western release would be terrific.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
So is there a chance in hell these will get an English release? As a CD and KH junkie I'd totally get them. I suppose importing is always an option (pretty happy with my imported FFCC OST). But a Western release would be terrific.

I can say with 99.99% certainty that they will not see the light of day in the West. You're going to be importing them. They rarely, if ever, release soundtracks outside of Japan, and when they do it's usually digital only and they don't stay long.

Hobbe

That's what I figured. However with the previously Japan-only Final Mixes finally making it over here, the optimist in me is hoping they'll start following suit with other media (soundtracks, Ultimanias, artbooks, etc.).

The realist in me is going to bully the optimist for being so naive.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Glad to hear that it's coming here relatively soon. I remember thinking that it was a little off that there wasn't really anything for the first remaster a year ago (or at least, no official release that I am aware of anyway), so it's good to know they have both for this.

Dazza

So how does one import these? Are they going to be put up on some japanese website for digital purchase? Because I certainly hope so..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back