• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Remedy for Scratched PS2 Games??!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBlade

by sinspire^
I managed to trip on my PS2, making it fall to the floor, which really isn't even a few inches down. While, playing FF12, everything was going fine, thinking that I broke my PS2. When I restarted my game, it wouldn't load the screen. Took the disc out to find 2 different scratches on the disc. Using some glass cleaner I managed to get the load screen and thats all. It won't load. Using toothpaste, rubbing for the scratches for 5 mins, I managed to get the background music of my save game. But, no actual gameplay.

Any ideas? Help please.

Normally your local video game store should have the proper facilities to repair scratched DVD's, games etc.

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter
I dunno if this will help but i usually just get toilet paper, wet it, and clean it, then dry it with a towel. It usually works for me but i'm not sure how severe your scratches are.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
There is something my brother got that takes the scratch out and like puts a nice coating over the thing but it will run you 50 dollars. The true remedy is to just break the damn cd and move onto a different game.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
If you go to a local Gamestop, they have some four dollar polish that works admirably.

It's cheaper then a Disc Doctor and works just as well.

XFinalXOmegaX

Final Fantasy VIII!
Something like this happened to me yesterday!
I was playing Final Fantasy VIII on my PS2
and I was about to die so I restarted the game and the disc had problems
I washed it and wiped it and it didnt work so i did 1 last trick
I put the CD in the toilet and flushed when I popped it in the PS2 it worked and
when i took it out and put it back in it started acting up again
Idk what to do

KingBlade

by sinspire^
i did 1 last trick
I put the CD in the toilet and flushed when I popped it in the PS2 it worked

Gross. The power of poop.

If you go to a local Gamestop, they have some four dollar polish that works admirably.

Called them, said they don't rebuff or sell any.

There is something my brother got that takes the scratch out and like puts a nice coating over the thing but it will run you 50 dollars. The true remedy is to just break the damn cd and move onto a different game.

Thought about getting those, too pricey. I rather not throw away a 50 dollar game.

I dunno if this will help but i usually just get toilet paper, wet it, and clean it, then dry it with a towel. It usually works for me but i'm not sure how severe your scratches are.

Did that before on a music CD, it caused more scratches. Best to use a dry cotton towel or cloth.

Normally your local video game store should have the proper facilities to repair scratched DVD's, games etc.

Best Buy so far is the only one who sell them. Reviews say its sucks balls. Seeing how they only got one.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
just get a disc cleaner since they last sometime even if u spend $50 they work pretty good for scratches

BTW FF12 isn't $50 its only $20 now lol, just buy a new one

KingBlade

by sinspire^
This is some f-ing bull. I found a local CD shop and it removed the scratches and it still won't work. Its not loading my game.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
made the ps2 got messed up in the fall, you would be surprised what a few inches of falling could do, or just buy a new FF12 as i said its only $20

The Silent Soldier said:
Best Buy so far is the only one who sell them. Reviews say its sucks balls. Seeing how they only got one.

The one at my local gaming store is called the 'Disc Wizard'?

KingBlade

by sinspire^
The one at my local gaming store is called the 'Disc Wizard'?

Memorex - Disc Cleaner & Scratch Remover - 32028007

I don't walk, I use my hand.

made the ps2 got messed up in the fall, you would be surprised what a few inches of falling could do,

Nope, other games and DVDs work perfectly. Plus, I said there were scratches on the disc.

or just buy a new FF12 as i said its only $20

I don't shit out money. It be nice to, getting paid 3 times a day. I plan to buy another, but its another 20 dollars out of my check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back