• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Remember, Remember the Fifth of November

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syc

There hasn't been very much good movies of late. I'm glad to see V for Vendetta come around, it was fantastic. I loved the theme that people should not be afraid of their government, government should be afraid of their people. Honestly one of the best movies I've seen, 10/10. Anyone else have opinions on the matter?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I made a thread about this one the day after it was premeired. It's good, but most people went in expecting to see some action movie, and were disappointed. I absolutely loved it, though. You might hear a lot of the comic book fans bitch about V being some sort of romanticized hero, but it actually works well and doesn't detract from the overall experience..unless you're the kind of person that thinks every story should always be told in the exact same way in every medium.

Syc

I never read the graphic novel, but I did hear about the criticism of V's personality. Regardless, the movie was still well produced and everything.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I never read the graphic novel, but I did hear about the criticism of V's personality. Regardless, the movie was still well produced and everything.

It wasn't V's personality per se, it was the portrayal of V. In the comic he was more of a shady, questionable radical. In the movie, he's more of a romaticized hero.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
I also really liked this movie. you don't need action to have a good movie, but there was still enough to keep you into the movie. i really loved the setting in time and how the governments were corrupt and such. i never read the comic, but i still thought it was well made, and there were never parts of the movie where i was bored. it was also one of those movies for me where i wanted to watch it again, as opposed to a movie where you watch it once and never watch it again.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Am I the only one concerned with this? They're so exposed to "action-packed" action films that they suffer from withdrawal when they see a movie that isn't just that.
You're not.

That was the general adolescent opinion on Superman Returns. For some reason, alot of thirteen year olds went into a re-origin/sequel movie expecting Superman, a known powerhouse, to go head to head with Lex Luthor, a mere human. Dumbtards. Superman Returns was a great movie and didn't need action.

And considering that V for Vendetta was pretty violent, I don't see how it could have needed more action. Not all movies are made by Michael Bay.

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
Hell yeah it was a good movie-
I love the kinds of movies that are all about revolutions and revolutionaries, fighting against the corruption of the world. And the symbolism was brilliant as well, w00t!
And the nice cherry on top was the fact that Portman is so hot- even without hair =P

I got the poster on my wall.

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
Um.
The act of destroying Big Ben was a symbolic act, or something.

Did you watch the movie? They talk about it a lot >_>

Here, I found a quote for you:

V: The building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. Alone, a symbol is meaningless, but with enough people, blowing up a building can change the world.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Um.
The act of destroying Big Ben was a symbolic act, or something.

Did you watch the movie? They talk about it a lot >_>

Here, I found a quote for you:

V: The building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. Alone, a symbol is meaningless, but with enough people, blowing up a building can change the world.

The movie discusses symbolism, but the movie itself has virtually no symbolism in it. We aren't talking about the subject matter of the movie. We're talking about the movie as a work of art and its composition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back