• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ReMind release date for XBox

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

okhi12

Awards
We have to wait until Square Enix actually confirms the release dates (January 23 for PS4 and February 25 for XBox One), but the source was the deleted video uploaded by Square Enix, so it's very likely those are true unless they change it.

Does anybody else feel bad for XBox players that will have to wait an extra month?
I'm in the majoriry that plays the PS4 version so I'm not affected by this and will probably buy ReMind as soon as it's available, but I think it is really unfair for a considerable amount of players and everyone should be able to enjoy the DLC at the same time.

After the KH collections were announced for XBox a few days ago I thought Square Enix had finally decided to take them into consideration, but now...it's becoming a bad habit, hard to believe they're not doing it on purpose.

The reason could be that they signed a temporary PS4 exclusivity agreement with Sony or something like that, but it's still a stupid choice that would only make customers of the XBox version feel like they're second class. I hate these kind of practices in the video game industry, it shows little respect to all of us as customers and fans.

Sorry for the negative thread but I felt like I had to say it. I'm as happy as most people here about having a release date and the content that has been shown so far, but the different release dates thing kinda left me with a bad taste, that's all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I feel bad but I'm not surprised by this. Companies sign exclusivity deals with each other all of the time and while that doesn't make it right, it just means SE felt they needed Sony's marketing money more than parity between consoles for the release date.

I imagine they have enough data on their end that made them feel like it was a good financial decision. I imagine that the install base on the PS4 is double or triple the install base on the XB1, which means that between the projected revenue from the DLC sales + Sony's paycheck, they probably are earning back whatever revenue they could potentially lose from upset XB1 fans.

It's a dumb practice, though. It's really anti-consumer and shows that these companies don't really give a shit about their fans when they do stuff like this.

okhi12

Awards
I feel bad but I'm not surprised by this. Companies sign exclusivity deals with each other all of the time and while that doesn't make it right, it just means SE felt they needed Sony's marketing money more than parity between consoles for the release date.

I imagine they have enough data on their end that made them feel like it was a good financial decision. I imagine that the install base on the PS4 is double or triple the install base on the XB1, which means that between the projected revenue from the DLC sales + Sony's paycheck, they probably are earning back whatever revenue they could potentially lose from upset XB1 fans.

It's a dumb practice, though. It's really anti-consumer and shows that these companies don't really give a shit about their fans when they do stuff like this.
That's exactly what I mean, couldn't have said it better.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I didn't even know that there was such a thing as timed exclusivity for a DLC. Considering the games came out at the same time upon release, the DLC should as well.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn't even know that there was such a thing as timed exclusivity for a DLC. Considering the games came out at the same time upon release, the DLC should as well.

It’s been a thing for awhile. Destiny and Destiny 2’s expansions are the most prominent examples of this I can think of off of the top of my head.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It sure is some bullshit. I feel awful for the Xbox gamers. We don't know the whole deal behind why this is happening, so claiming it's because of x or y is jumping the gun and making assumptions, but if it is because of a paid exclusivity deal then that is just stupid because all it does is line the pockets of SE and screw over fans.

Back