• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reoccuring Symbols of KH.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I'll probably end up regretting this, but I'd like to direct conversation back to the discussion of prominant symbols in KH. And no, I'm not talking about Heartless symbols, Nobody symbols or possible third enemy symbols. I'm talking the underlying symbols that seem to be present throughout the series, and yet may not stand out. Symbols like:

The eye:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/k...hive/2/21/20080107024331!Riku_Way_to_Dawn.png

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/kingdomhearts/images/thumb/d/d4/SoulEater.jpg/180px-SoulEater.jpg

And the crown:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/k...ldCrown.jpg/220px-KHII_FM+_Sora-GoldCrown.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/kingdomhearts/images/0/03/Oblivion.png (observed at the bottom right corner)

Another symbol I have noticed: Sea Salt Ice Cream.

http://ui28.gamespot.com/1435/file.php_2.jpg

I'm not trying to spin some sort of wild theory or anything. There is just something about these symbols that seems to be eating away at the back of my brain. Something that has to do with the underlying theme/story of Kingdom Hearts. What it is I honestly have no clue.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Kingdom Hearts has always been full of Symbolism. Not only with your examples, but also recurring things like the crossroads, the Keyblades in the Kingdom Hearts 2 secret movie, similarities in the music, etc.

There are countless things.

I guess we can only theorize about the meanings of such symbols. I doubt we'll ever get any official explanation for them.

But isn't that what makes it so interesting? :D

Kairy

easy the one where sora has the crown on--- means he is KING and roxas is lookin in the seasalt icream because he realizes hes hot lol j/k

Jake

Um the first 2 are just Riku's weapons and the sweet-salt icecream has nothing to do but tie a memory of sora and roxas together and the letter on oblivion ........... maybe but i highly doubt it but nice looking ouside the box.

Whings

I always thought those were symbols that referred to certain characters and their relationships, like Kairi's good luck charm.

Owa

Well im pretty sure Nomura explained the whole Sea salt Ice cream thing, All I remember was that he said something like he once tried sea salt ice cream expecting it to be good, but in actuality it didnt taste to well
(i know it was along those lines) haha, but i dont remember what he said the reason for putting it in the game was... but yeah it was in an interview. wish i could find it, but im too lazy haha.

V

V.A.T.13

Eye: It's watching you masturbate.

Crown: Sora is gonna end up being a king. Of Hearts. Who made some tarts.
All on a summer's day.
The knave of hearts, stole the tarts, and frightned miss muppet away...

...wait a minute...

Seasalt: Phallic symbol. HAR HAR.

Owa: Actually, it was more like:

He went to Disney Japan, they had it in a cup, and he liked it, but for the game, it'd be pretty weird for sora to hold a cup around, so they changed it to a popcicle.

Morning Twilight

I'm thinking the Crown is simply Sora's symbol. He does wear a crown around his neck on a chain. The ultima weapon in KH2 also has a crown on it I believe.

Also notice that in the final battle when Xehanort is in his armor on a throne, he is wearing the same kind of crown. Same design. I really have no idea what that means. Unless they are trying to mirror something on the Bible I could never take a guess to it. The Biblical reasoning being a relationship between characters: Sora=Human that walks with God or Jesus
Heartless=Sin
Nobodies=Humans that do not have faith or try to tear it down
Xehanort= Human who believes that he is God or is trying to usurp God's throne

But that's the closest guess that I could make.

The eye to me I think is just to represent darkness. It's kind of creepy and dark.

Owa

Found the part about the Sea Salt Ice Cream, incase anyone is interested xD

I heard it was you who suggested to insert the Seasalt Ice-cream in the game.

Yes, I did. When the Tokyo Disney Sea opened and I went there by invitation, they were selling Seasalt Ice-creams at the time. You would think a "salty ice-cream" seems a pretty weird idea, right? I was like "What is this?" so I tried it out and it turned out to be very tasty. My impression of it back then was so strong that I overlapped Disney's image with seasalt ice-cream. Besides that, Roxas' story is set in summer break and I wondered what did I eat back in summer breaks when I was a kid and I remembered "Ah, of course, ice-cream." Although I was the one who said I wanted to use it, Nojima-san was was the one who actually made it show up that much. Even I was surprised; "You're using it this often!?" (laugh) I think that shows the playful-ness of Nojima-san's scenarios.

This is the Full interview
Kingdom Hearts Ultimania - KH 2 3 Birth By Sleep & 358/2 Days

V

V.A.T.13

Oh you want to get into bible stuff now?

TEE HEE

Sora = Jesus
KH = God
Keyblade = Holy Spirit

Riku = Peter or Judas
(I PRAY THAT KAIRI IS JUDAS)

Morning Twilight

I'm hoping Riku is Peter on that comparison.

I really didn't mean to turn this into a religious discussion, but I was just trying to explain my possible theory.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
The game is called KINGDOM Hearts. Not some random hat hearts. Crowns are just so tied in with Kingdoms, I just naturally assumed people made the connection.

A

Anima Relic

The crown is what you get if you do the data battles in KH2FM, it's not important storywise. Just something fun to earn. You can get a bronze crown as well if you just do ok, but you get the gold crown if you did the best. Also, the data battles dealt with ORG XIII, so it'd make sense that Xemnas would have one as well. I'm willing to bet his crown was silver, and that those data battles were used as "traning" scenarios for new ORG members :laugh:

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
What's with the religious connection? KH is just a VIDEO GAME series. One should not compare it to religion. Second, I really don't think these eyes have any importance to the story, AT ALL.

V

V.A.T.13

What's with the religious connection? KH is just a VIDEO GAME series. One should not compare it to religion. Second, I really don't think these eyes have any importance to the story, AT ALL.
You don't play many RPGs, do you?

V

V.A.T.13

Actually, yes. I do.
Then you should know that religious connections are almost everywhere in games ESPECIALLY those type.

You have the messiah with a super power who sacrifices himself for the rest of the world, the betrayer of the messiah, the messiah comming back to life, etc.
You have the ULTIMATE being, the followers of that being and the messiah, I mean come on.

How many times have you seen that in a story?

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
And here we go again with getting off topic lol. Well i've always thought there was a deeper meaning in the symbols too. The crown i think has more meaning than just Sora's symbol and representing KINGDOM hearts... As for the eye, i think it has something to do with the darkness watching it's captors...

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I was right. I am regretting making this thread.

You'd be surprised how much religion has to do with Role Playing Games. Lots of RPGs have heavy religious themes to them. While Kingdom Hearts doesn't show any obvious connections, they can still be made. Like, for example, turning into a heartless could be a portrayal of one succumbing to sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back