• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Repliku possibility in KH3D/KH3 and Vanitas Remnant theory/idea

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

digimikej

Awards
i just had an idea, that is so crazy it might belong in forum insanity, but so awesome it might belong here. so im posting it here. i thought of a way to bring repliku back with minimal rage inducing,(imo), and at the same time gave vanitas remnant a purpose. ok, so heres the theory/idea/thingy idk what to call.

sora and riku have to rescue a lot of people. what if, to mend vens heart, they have to recover whats left of vanitas', to make ven whole again? so, to do this, sora and riku would have to go to the keyblade graveyard, and find vanitas remnant. now,b4 we move on, i wanna say this. vanitas was able to control his negative emotions and form the unversed, beings made of his negative emotions.(or, in the case of that one time aqua fought the evil grandmothers unversed, other peoples negative emotions) so, what if, based on the mentioned fight with the pumpkin unversed thing,vanitas is truly able to control ALL negative emotions, and not just his own? well, vanitas remnant might have the same power. so, when sora and riku find vanitas remnant, what if he does this to them? now heres the uber crazy part. when repliku was killed, we thought he just went, poof. what if he didnt just go, poof? what if, he went to riku, like xion and sora? during rikus stay in castle oblivion, he went through the worlds he visited, just like sora did. but riku didnt meet anyone. his worlds made of his memory were empty of all but the people who, "walked in the darkness", like himself. at first, this was because of the darkness in his heart (or something akin to that, havent played the game in 4 ever.) but what if it continued so long because, like xion stole soras memories, preventing him from waking, repliku stole the light from rikus memories? this is a very, very crazy idea, but.....semi plausible.so, when repliku died, the light from rikus memories, along with repliku, went bak to riku. now, bak to vanitas remnant. if vanitas remnant can control all negative emotions, like i theorized,i imagine that this would happen. sora and riku speak to vanitas remnant, dialogue goes on, and vanitas remnant uses his powers in a way he is able to do with these two, special cases. he pulls the negtivity of repliku out of riku, and gives him form, through the same way he did the unversed. he then takes roxas' ballistic, "IM ME!" feelings out of sora, and gives form to a data-roxas-ish roxas, angry at sora. after they defeat roxas and repliku, they defeat vanitas remnant. but, with his death, riku and sora have learned that repliku is still there, and add him to the ppl to save list. this will also give insight into what is needed to help roxas(anger management lessons, harharhar)

now, im going to go put on a flame proof suit, get ready for the people who know more then me on the subject of repliku and vanitas to flame me,edit: i made it readable

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: repliku possibility in kh3d/ kh3 and anitas remnant theory/idea

Master EraMog, please use some paragraphs. I implore you.

Replica wasn't the same as Xion, though. Replica wasn't made with Riku's memories, but made with false ones Namine created from the data Vexen gathered. Xion was made from the memories Xemnas copied from Sora and was meant to be an imperfect clone of Roxas. So that is really where your theory starts to fall apart.

So really, Replica was like a rag doll that was given the same looks as Riku, and told he was Riku without really being Riku. Replica was more of his own person than Xion.

I doubt Replica stole the Light from Riku's memories because then Replica would have been more Light than Darkness, and Replica was definitely more Darkness.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

I saw the title... I saw Anitas... and then I thought CRAP!

What if they have some forsaken weapon called the V BLADE?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, I doubt he'll be back. Having two of the same exact person in the series would be rather strange.

Lingering Night

I maybe part of the monority here, but I actually want Repliku to come back somehow. I used to the toy with the idea of him wandering around the realm of Darkness, encountering aqua a few times. Don't ask me why, it's just an idea I toyed with. He is really one of the saddest character existences in KH.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I am a fan of Repliku. He was an interesting character, but I believe bring him back would not do him any justice.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You aren't the minority. A lot of us felt sympathetic to Replica's fate...but bringing him back would cheapen his death.

Also, Vanitas is actually the saddest character in KH. You just haven't read the novel yet to know that~

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

Yeah, I got a question about those novels and mangas. Are they canon? and do they give much more insight than the games do?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Manga isn't canon. Novel is second-tier canon because it is overseen by Nomura and he has a lot of input of what goes in it.

They give a lot more insight on the characters. Sometimes it gives more explanation of plot details, but it is mostly the stuff Nomura says in his interviews.

Lingering Night

Yeah, I got a question about those novels and mangas. Are they canon? and do they give much more insight than the games do?

I think they are very loosely canon...I think it's okay to accept with what they say as long as it doesn't conflict with what's in the games. For instance in the novels Repliku didn't die, he just sort of became a drifter after talking to Vexen's grave. Obviously bot canon, so trust the comics and novels very loosely.

Also, while a small part of me does believe that bringing him back would cheapen his death, but it's overwhelmed by the possibilities that bringing him back could be. I'm not saying he has to return to a happy existence, at least not immediately. Imagine just
wandering about the realm of darkness or something, a life without a purpose, knowing your just a copy. What a pitiful existence that would be. Plus, it could also give me a reason to fight a Riku in a dark suit again, which I'm always a fan of ;P.

Ethnic, you have piqued my interest...Vanitas as a sad existence? Interesting, anywhere I can go to read these novels. I need to now what exactly could make the evil counterpart of Ventus a sympathic character...consider me intriqued ;).

Zul

Awards

I really didn't realize that repliku would get this kind of attention this late into the series. If he isn't mentioned again, we could take Riku's last line "his heart will go to the same place as mine" as an indication that he doesn't have the same torment as the other folk on the "list"(i.e his heart was considered real in the end).

Z3N

I keep finding myself in The World That Never Was.

To bring EITHER of them back in a dignified way would be incredibly difficult, Repliku more so. :/

Vanitas...I'd like a bit more on him, to be honest. Did before the novel-chapter-summary-thing. More so after I read the translation. His story is so screwed up and heartbreaking, closure for him of ANY sort would be nice...I think. (Even if it's Sora/whoever "seeing" his memories from his birth up to what we knew/saw in BBS, and "understanding", in a sense, just what he was, and why.) We wouldn't have to bring him back physically...but he really deserves revisiting/closure. :( I keep wanting to cry whenever I see him/an Unversed now. ;-; I want closure, dangit!!!!

Repliku...Repliku's just dead. I don't see why/how he's relevant anymore...he was never "vital" like Xion. He didn't keep someone from coming back...or anything like that. :/
Can we just leave him dead...? Please??

We don't need EVERYONE to come back, in any sense of the whole "saving" concept. -gags-

Radar

Bronze Member

To bring EITHER of them back in a dignified way would be incredibly difficult, Repliku more so. :/

Vanitas...I'd like a bit more on him, to be honest. Did before the novel-chapter-summary-thing. More so after I read the translation. His story is so screwed up and heartbreaking, closure for him of ANY sort would be nice...I think. (Even if it's Sora/whoever "seeing" his memories from his birth up to what we knew/saw in BBS, and "understanding", in a sense, just what he was, and why.) We wouldn't have to bring him back physically...but he really deserves revisiting/closure. :( I keep wanting to cry whenever I see him/an Unversed now. ;-; I want closure, dangit!!!!

Repliku...Repliku's just dead. I don't see why/how he's relevant anymore...he was never "vital" like Xion. He didn't keep someone from coming back...or anything like that. :/
Can we just leave him dead...? Please??

We don't need EVERYONE to come back, in any sense of the whole "saving" concept. -gags-

Hahaha. Yes I agree, replica riku is not important to return in the series, there are allready enough people on the list. But he was a pretty sad case. I hope he stats gone. As for Vanitas, yeah I read the tranlastion and he seemed pretty troubled during that whole entire time till he turned to rage/hate for ven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back